Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2009, 12:45 PM

2 posts, read 8,008 times

Advertisements

I'm moving from Pensacola, Fl. to New Hope Al. does anyone live there or know anything about it. It seems like a nice little town and schools seem good. Just really would like some info from someone who has live there or near there. Thanks, Dee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2009, 01:33 PM

26,338 posts, read 93,407,924 times
Why are you moving to somewhere that you don't know too much about?
Where will you be working?
Why New Hope?

The schools and district range from 5 to 7 out of 10.

New Hope Schools - New Hope Alabama School Ratings - Public and Private

Parent Reviews of New Hope Elementary School - New Hope, Alabama - AL

New Hope High School - New Hope, Alabama - AL - School overview

Old 08-14-2009, 09:26 PM

3 posts, read 8,086 times
New Hope is a quaint little country town outside of Huntsville, which makes it a great place to live! Because of the newer subdivisions in Hampton cove, there are lots of great new shopping close by. I suppose you have family that lives there?

Old 08-14-2009, 10:25 PM

4,923 posts, read 11,140,236 times
Abondon hope all ye who enter here...

Well, no, it's not near like that. I used to work in the county system of which New Hope is part of. They didn't used to have a good reputation. Of course, every school has great teachers and poor teachers, but that was the rep.

Over the years, they have made great strides and their reputation is improving. I never taught there, but again, that was the in-system rep.

Despite that fact that locally New Hope has long been called No Hope, I do like that part of the county very much. It is still more "country" than much of the rest of the quickly developing county. It does have a redneck repuation, but again, that is changing.

I find the people there friendly, I think the area is pretty and it is closer to the mountain foothills than the flattter western portion of the county and close to some great fishing.

As stated above, shopping is moving closer to New Hope, but, even if it was, Huntsville is not very far away any way. As time passes, New Hope will become less and less rural.

Old 08-17-2009, 06:57 AM

6 posts, read 17,069 times
Default New Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by deidredeeh View Post
I'm moving from Pensacola, Fl. to New Hope Al. does anyone live there or know anything about it. It seems like a nice little town and schools seem good. Just really would like some info from someone who has live there or near there. Thanks, Dee
I lived in Owens Crass Roads before moving to Huntsville. The school i good. You have to like living in the country...Do you have a job there?

Old 02-20-2010, 01:50 PM

2 posts, read 8,008 times
Default Love New Hope

Well it's been awhile but I love New Hope! Will never miss Florida so much to do here. I know the weather is cold and but the community is awesome and I love the schools. I truly appreciate the lack of violence compared to N. Florida.

Old 02-21-2010, 09:34 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,044,941 times
Glad you are happy in your new home in New Hope. It is truly amazing how different it is living here.

Old 06-18-2011, 10:23 PM

688 posts, read 911,751 times
Can anyone provide insight on Oak Ridge Apartments and the area near the Piggly Wiggly on Highway 431 S?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama