Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 01:57 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,571,506 times

Advertisements

Medical jobs are plentiful in just about every town around here because of the high elderly population, but everything else is slow due to the economy. My sister was an LPN in Daphne before she moved to Georgia, she had no problem with employment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 02:47 PM

2,667 posts, read 6,777,279 times
Fairhope is as liberal as they come in Eastern Shore. Of course, that still means that it is probably only about 30-35% liberal.

I wouldn't be too concerned about tolerance though. Politeness usually out-shines political differences in those parts. But to answer your question, all areas around there (even Fairhope) definitely lean conservative without a doubt.

Old 08-18-2009, 08:42 AM

172 posts, read 609,240 times
I used to be heavily involved with politics in the state and I still keep up with the demographic shifts in voting throughout the state. I can say with all certainty that Alabama is very conservative. In fact, one thing I'm hearing across the state is that conservatives are angry with the republican party because is isn't conservative enough. There is a pocket of liberalism here and there, but even older democrats are conservative; they just continue to vote along the party lines of yesteryear. Birmingham has lots of democrats in power right now and probably will for a while, although their mayor may be headed to federal prison to sit with our former governor, also a democrat.

Last edited by RebelPhotog; 08-18-2009 at 09:05 AM..

Old 11-10-2009, 10:45 AM
JOM

8 posts, read 17,051 times
Fairhope is probably the most Libertarian town in Baldwin
County. Originally it was started by folks who were going
to set up a utopian single tax colony. A lot of artists
lived there and they had a pretty liberal outlook. As the
place has grown it's become pretty diverse. That said,
Baldwin County, as a whole is staunchly Republican.

Old 02-16-2010, 04:44 PM

432 posts, read 1,255,140 times
ivan,

Last Saturday we had dinner with a very mixed group, actually 3 conservatives and 6 liberals...some of them academic/phd/md type(we were the dummies in the group...the conservatives...LOL), and had a lovely time. We had been sworn not to talk politics....that did not happen...but it went well. My DH now wants to get going every 4 to 6 weeks...as it was quite enjoyable and we all learned from each other.(wine was also a catalyst...) Several in the group are very involved in green causes, ect. which is admirable, even though I don't believe the world is coming to an end because of climate changes, but perhaps the asses in Congress that can't agree or do what their constituents elected them to do.

Anyway...lots of great opportunities to get involved in all kinds of activities in Fairhope if this is where you chose to move to....and same for Daphne, ect. Again, the area is quite open to all thoughts. And hope you find jobs nearby, even though
commute to Mobile is not so bad. Good luck!!!

Moderator cut: national politics

Last edited by Keeper; 07-17-2013 at 06:10 AM.. Reason: adding to it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama