Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2007, 09:36 AM

3 posts, read 14,596 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone
I am planning to move from ohio to anniston,AL.Could someone tell me about the city,life,people,growth.
Very urgent
Thanks!

Africa
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2007, 09:41 AM

346 posts, read 1,778,854 times
Have you gone through some of the old posts? Your question is too generic to give an answer. What is your situation - what brings you to AL, what are you looking for, what do you need, what do you bring to AL?

Old 05-16-2007, 01:16 PM

103 posts, read 453,058 times
I agree with Twostep, if you could give more specifics. I live in the area of Anniston now and our family is also from Ohio. Weve been here about 6 months so I could help a little hopefully.

Old 05-16-2007, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkx3 View Post
I agree with Twostep, if you could give more specifics. I live in the area of Anniston now and our family is also from Ohio. Weve been here about 6 months so I could help a little hopefully.

Hello Clarkx3!!!! I thought you fell off the face of the earth. Good to hear from you.

Twostep

Old 05-16-2007, 06:46 PM

103 posts, read 453,058 times
Default Hey TwoStep

ha ha nope still hanging on...kickin and screaming sometimes! Been working. Found a job and the kid is getting along better at school even trying out for some sports!! It's just taking some time to adjust!! How the heck are you? I will say only 6 months of being here and I'm detecting a drawl in my 12 year old..it's cute. Can't complain we put in a pool and the weather has cooperated, but unfortunately all the lovely trees I planted aren't to happy with the sun beatin on them all day and no rain. Hope all is well!

Old 05-16-2007, 08:31 PM

15 posts, read 132,647 times
I live in Anniston. Nice quiet little town. I'd suggest private school. Definatly not Anniston City School System. Some of the schools in the Calhoun County system are OK. Oxford City (sister city) schools aren't to bad either. Not much in the way of City Life here. A few clubs, etc. Highest resturant per capita in the US, or at least it was a few years back, but there aren't all that many people here, and most of the resturants are fast food.

If you could be more specific in terms of type of job, type of music, approx. amount you have to spend on housing, etc. I would be happy to provide some more specifics.

Old 05-17-2007, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkx3 View Post
ha ha nope still hanging on...kickin and screaming sometimes! Been working. Found a job and the kid is getting along better at school even trying out for some sports!! It's just taking some time to adjust!! How the heck are you? I will say only 6 months of being here and I'm detecting a drawl in my 12 year old..it's cute. Can't complain we put in a pool and the weather has cooperated, but unfortunately all the lovely trees I planted aren't to happy with the sun beatin on them all day and no rain. Hope all is well!
You will pick up some drawl as well:>) Sounds cute when you screem:>)

Have you considered watering rings or sacks such as landscapers use?
A short piece of soaker hose may do. Do not forget to take a timer with you! WallMarkt has inexpensive drip systems on a build as you need basis. Nothing but a piece of black hose with individual extensions. We set our new bushes on two gallons/hour and it has worked fine.

Old 05-23-2007, 03:01 PM

6 posts, read 65,265 times
I do not know much about the town, but we go to a wonderful church in Coldwater, Al. which is about 10 min. away. People come from short and long distances. If you move to Anniston be sure to check it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama