Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 10:43 AM

2,667 posts, read 6,779,210 times

Advertisements

My dad worked as an accountant at Bayside for years, but that was in the late 80's lol. It seems like a neat little school, and has its own little natural pathway down to the "beach" (shores of dirty Mobile Bay).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2009, 09:48 AM

1 posts, read 2,444 times
Cool How is Bayside Academy?

Bayside Academy is not unlike many of its kind in the private school sector. Eliteism and covert racisim is an appropriate way to put it. It's campus is mired in a beautiful rose of a neighborhood in Olde Town Daphne, and Bayside is its thorn. Locally, Bayside is known for its clandsetine politico acts, five years ago stonewalling the Daphne City Council with "dignitaries" WhiteSpunner and Trip Pittman who lied to the council and the people of Daphne as well as United States Corp of Civil Engineers in an attempt to fill and pave over historical Belrose Stream, a stream used during pre-1900 wars by Union and Confederate troops.
Sadly Bayside is at it again. Because of Bayside Academy's hodgepodge piecemeal attempts to build a campus, the pseudoafflent affiliated at this school have failed miseably in a functional campus, dotted with poor building planning and limited space. Their newest illegal act is to purchase land (that is zoned residential), no less on a corner lot, AND further increase traffic fear in the neighborhoods becasue of speeding highschool students and their jobless moms in their hurry to get home and to their soaps.
The aforementioned posters above, have no clue, to the educational process in Daphne, for Daphne is located in BALDWIN COUNTY, not Mobile County. True, Mobile is having hard times in it's school system, but most who post are "closet" BIGGOTS, piecing their funds at the end of the month to let Jonny not go to school "peppered" with children of another (you like that) color.
The schools in Daphne are some of the best in the state, do your research. My earnings are significant and I am a physician in Daphne who works in Mobile. "Our" athletic programs ARE the best in the state, period. Daphne High School is a power in both Baseball AND football and have won state titles in both sports recently, and is home of arguably the nations best quarterback, Patrick White, who Bayside Academy chidren raced crazily to, to get his autograph during the recent Senior Bowl in Mobile. Bayside Academy relishes the thought of "competing" by competing at the lowest tier (what I affectionately call "Tard Ball") with almost the appearance of letting their children receive exercise, not actually compete against real competition.
Daphne Middle School in BRAND NEW. Daphne East Elementary School is BRAND NEW. Daphne South Elementary School is the charm of Baldwin County and has a BRAND NEW gymnasium, I'm guessing a million per for it. W J Carrol Intermediate School is the finest (yes, the finest) in the state, all purple and yellow, to the tune any real Daphnean would be proud of. GO TROJANS!!
The school system spends exponentially more than Bayside Academy ever would. Bayside has a very small campus with K-12 makeup. Do you want to have your eight year old perverted by the likes of 10th, 11th and 12th graders? Now that my friend, is sick.

Old 05-21-2019, 07:46 PM

1 posts, read 508 times
Can anyone give me an updated and honest review of Bayside, Daphne HS, Spanish Fort HS, and Fairhope HS? Looking for the best place for my daughter--moving from the North to Baldwin County. Want a school that is strong academically, but also a place that my daughter can find friends considering she is coming in at the end of her schooling. Thanks!

Old 05-23-2019, 07:24 AM

124 posts, read 103,705 times
Admittedly it's been a little while, but my recollection was that if the teacher popped a test, I knew I was in a mess. Inevitably the dog would eat all my homework the night before. Fortunately if I rode low in my chair, she wouldn't know I was there. And if I could hand it in tomorrow, it'd be aaalriiiiight!

In all honesty though, the school is really nice. Probably it's greatest attribute though was close proximity to the Malibu Sands Beach Club. Wait a second... I might be thinking of the wrong Bayside.

Old 05-29-2019, 03:08 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,420,189 times
All of the are good schools.
Bayside is probably the strongest academically because it's the most select. But she can excel at any of them. All have good teachers and strong parent support.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama