Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 07:58 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,509,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
Sigh, we haven't had a good cd brawl in a while....seems like the magic words are Palin or Barrow. I personally do not have a political issue with her, it is her personality that makes my skin crawl. Suspect many have the same feelings.
Why does Barrow initiate brawls? I'll be there in about a week and a half. Tell me!!!

**gulp**

Old 07-25-2010, 11:38 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,683,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Most people don't want to hear about any politician, be it Palin, Obama, Lisa, McCain, Bush, and the rest, but the liberals continue bringing them up
The liberals keep bringing Palin up to try to distract us from the bumbling bafoon they elected as President. I'd take Palin in the White House anyday over that idiot that's in there now. Obama makes Palin look like a Rhodes scholar and Mother Theresa all rolled into one pretty little package.

Old 07-25-2010, 11:50 AM

941 posts, read 1,791,549 times
Stiff you've proved again that there is a dead short in your thought process. You are so predictibly wrong in the way you view politics nothing you say is worth reading. Actually both of your subjects are world's ahead of you in thier intelligence level but you have no ability to understand what you say. Maybe for you silence would be golden on a subject you obviously don't understand.

Old 07-25-2010, 12:02 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,157,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richelles View Post
Stiff you've proved again that there is a dead short in your thought process. You are so predictibly wrong in the way you view politics nothing you say is worth reading. Actually both of your subjects are world's ahead of you in thier intelligence level but you have no ability to understand what you say. Maybe for you silence would be golden on a subject you obviously don't understand.
He is correct about the liberals making Palin the issue of the day as a distraction for what is going on in relation to the economy, and unemployment. But as any other liberal, you concentrate your efforts on staying a personal attack on stiffnecked, instead of trying to prove him wrong.

Old 07-25-2010, 12:05 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,683,214 times
Quote:
And your comments only go to show that you live in a cocoon. I understand the subject far better then you ever will. It's okay you can now go back to reading your favorite, National Enquirer.

Old 07-25-2010, 12:16 PM

Stiff you make many good posts but when the subject is politics, at the risk of being redundant, silence for you would be golden. If you avoided posting on anything political no one would ever know you have limitations. Wake up and smell the roses you sound as if you know a great deal except when you lecture on the same old tired subject where you have a derailed thought process. By the way he isn't right or wrong it's just his opinion.

Old 07-25-2010, 12:38 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,157,521 times
Quote:
Stiff you make many good posts but when the subject is politics, at the risk of being redundant, silence for you would be golden. If you avoided posting on anything political no one would ever know you have limitations. Wake up and smell the roses you sound as if you know a great deal except when you lecture on the same old tired subject where you have a derailed thought process. By the way he isn't right or wrong it's just his opinion.
Think about what you have written, because twice you have attacked him with words. If you believe that what he has said is "his opinion," even this has equal value as an opinion of yours or anybody else in this forum. But instead of counteracting his "opinion" with one of yours, what you have done is to insult or ridicule him.

Old 07-25-2010, 12:52 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,812,105 times
I'll probably go camping this week myself. It's no big deal. I doubt I'd go so far as to make the news about it. If I see Sarah or Kate I'll probably sneak up and scare the begeezus out of them with a bear growl or something.

Old 07-25-2010, 01:01 PM

Ray I don't debate opinions but would consider exchanging facts to prove a point. Stiff's opinion about the current POTUS has only value within his mind and can't be proven true or false. I've suggested twice that since his opinion on that subject never changes perhaps he has exhausted the subject and might post something relevant. On many subjects that Stiff has pontificated on I've found true value in what he has to say. But his opinion on politics isn't something worth repeating ad infinitum since it never changes. By the way I don't consider myself as either liberal nor conservative but rather as someone who makes up my mind based on real facts which each situation has a different set of facts to consider. I throughly enjoy your pictures because with my very bad knees I can't even think about getting out into situations where you frequently find fabulous pictures and are obviously skilled at awaiting the right time to take the picture. Now that is a fact but calling the POTUS an idiot or uneducated or some other derogatory term which isn't derived from facts is opinion and is worth exactly what value you put on it. I just don't find wasting my time reading drivel based on a faulty thought process to be a valued use of my time. And since Stiff sometimes posts really valuable information I don't avoid his posts but when he delves into his predictable opinion on politics I find his rants intolerable. However, that isn't to say I think he should be silenced but he could, on his own volition, change the subject maybe?

Old 07-25-2010, 01:26 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,537,374 times
So if someone posts something negative about Palin, then they are automatically labeled a liberal? By the way, I am not a liberal nor a conservative. I think for myself, not what others want me to think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska