Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 08:03 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,624,789 times

Advertisements

Joe Miller is going to win the general,” Palin said in a brief interview after she unexpectedly appeared at a Sept. 11 commemoration in her hometown of Wasilla, Alaska. “It seems like it’s a futile effort, there, for a write-in effort, but she certainly has that right to do so.”

“I love competition in business and sports and politics,” Palin said. “It’s all good.”

Palin Welcomes Murkowski to Alaskan Election Race, Calls Effort `Futile' - Bloomberg

I love competition. Friday, July 3, 2009, Wasilla, Alaska. I quit.

Old 09-12-2010, 12:14 AM

3,539 posts, read 7,648,148 times
On the other hand, the ADN has an article on Scott McAdams and answers he provided in writing to their questions, which may be an indication of difficult times ahead for Joe Miller. McAdams comes across as sane... and very well spoken.

I assume he had some very high power / experienced help in writing the responses, so it remains to be seen whether he can project himself in that same light when doing personal appearances. If he can, it will be very easy for him to also put Joe Miller on the hot seat defending those wild eyed statements on any number of issues.

Granted that a large percentage of the Alaska voters are rabid rightwing ideologist who really do like and want to vote for someone that says the things Miller says. But it isn't nearly a majority of voters, and in the end if the majority realizes what the fellow is saying, he's toast.

Old 09-12-2010, 05:16 PM

3,773 posts, read 5,320,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd_Davidson View Post
On the other hand, the ADN has an article on Scott McAdams and answers he provided in writing to their questions,
Hahahahaha....too funny. You could NOT make this stuff up so surreal it is.

Well, isn't that wonderful?? He provided answers in writing to their questions?? So very thoughtful of him. How many weeks did it take to respond?? How many lawyers from the Democratic National Committee did it take to assist him in preparing those drawn out responses?? Did they provide an English expert to correct his grammar?? Is this guy for real?? The interview with him that I read had mostly "I'll get back to you on that..." and "I'll think about it...", not exactly confidence inspiring.

But, finally, someone comes out with a post FOR someone rather than AGAINST Miller or AGAINST Palin. I was beginning to wonder if the Dems were actually running someone in this race. I would have had trouble finding the "Anti-Miller" name on the ballot.

Old 09-12-2010, 07:54 PM

2,519 posts, read 7,029,347 times
I've been backing Joe Miller from the beginning. I continue to back him. I will be very surprised if Murkowski could mount a successful write-in campaign. Wally Hickel was not able to do it and he was an icon at the time.

If Murkowski endorsed McAdams he would have a chance, but that's the only way he has a chance.

Old 09-12-2010, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post
The interview with him that I read had mostly "I'll get back to you on that..." and "I'll think about it...", not exactly confidence inspiring.
Actually it does inspire confidence... the guy knows enough to not put his foot in is mouth at every turn.

A nice change from Miller and Palin...

Old 09-13-2010, 05:19 AM

3,773 posts, read 5,320,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd_Davidson View Post
Actually it does inspire confidence... the guy knows enough to not put his foot in is mouth at every turn.

A nice change from Miller and Palin...
Sure, and we'll see how well he handles the national stage, which is what the US Senate represents. His experience in small-town politics is no better and no worse than that of Miller. Kind of doubt that the national press will give him weeks to respond to their questions.

Old 09-13-2010, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post
Sure, and we'll see how well he handles the national stage, which is what the US Senate represents. His experience in small-town politics is no better and no worse than that of Miller. Kind of doubt that the national press will give him weeks to respond to their questions.
Well, that's about what I said to begin with. We'll have to wait and see about McAdams. We already know Miller is a whacko. It could just as easily be that both of them are equally worthless.

Old 09-13-2010, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manmountain View Post
May be doom and Gloom for you friend but the the Heroes are bailing out your dumb uninformed azz .

Peace , but really have you considered Real Reality?

Another Metla minion. fools.

Get a life and be your own person.

Fall is coming , want to be free in the AK bush? , have debt? Wana buy a homestead ? Its a GO if you have cash and NO DEBT.. AK isnt immune.

Dow 6500 by XMAS. How you going to afford a place to live your dream? OUR DREAM TO GO HOME? NO DEBT..-- FREE AND CLEAR.

I think someone has lost contact with the mothership.

Old 09-13-2010, 09:11 PM

6,424 posts, read 13,238,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by think first View Post
I think someone has lost contact with the mothership.
I'll go along with that one. He is really out there. He was on his way to AK 3 years ago, never happened. I wonder if he has ever left his mothers basement.

Old 09-13-2010, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephler View Post
I'll go along with that one. He is really out there. He was on his way to AK 3 years ago, never happened. I wonder if he has ever left his mothers basement.

I thought he lived in Alaska. Wow, his battery really isn't fully charged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska