Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 10:16 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefffla01 View Post
The Palin klan must be extremely proud today. I can see a gigantic celebration in Alaska tonight, and the family may even try to sneak her into a club using a unique ID card.

I can see the entire family sitting in the audience cheering wildly and others in the crowd holding placards that say we can see Russia from our house.

LOL! I am waiting to see if Sarah figures out a way to turn Bristol's DWTS's appearance into a political opportuntity.

Old 09-02-2010, 10:19 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,630,964 times
Some pix of Bristol practicing.

Dancing With The Stars: Bristol Palin and Audrina Patridge finally get their hands on their partners | Mail Online

Old 09-02-2010, 10:40 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
I'll be giving this season a miss then. Seems being an attention seeker runs in the family and they will go to any lengths to get it. Just wait until she gets what she wants and cry's foul when its not HOW she wants it, just like good old Mom.

Old 09-02-2010, 10:55 PM

This season looks pretty good to me. I will especially enjoy seeing David Hasselhoff, Margaret Cho, Florence Henderson and Bristol too.

Old 09-02-2010, 11:49 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
I've never watched that dumb ass show in the first place and I sure as hell won't be starting now.

Old 09-02-2010, 11:50 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,183,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I'll be giving this season a miss then. Seems being an attention seeker runs in the family and they will go to any lengths to get it. Just wait until she gets what she wants and cry's foul when its not HOW she wants it, just like good old Mom.
How do you know that family so well?

In relation to her mother, she does not have to seek attention. All she has to do is to show herself at any even, and the photographers will be following her and people will be asking questions. She is not more attention seeker than anybody else that for whatever reason has become a celebrity.

What do you have against a teenager who wants to make money?

Old 09-03-2010, 01:38 AM

1,429 posts, read 3,416,728 times
At least this thread has pictures for me to look at.

Old 09-03-2010, 02:16 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post

What do you have against a teenager who wants to make money?
This question wasn't directed at me but I'll answer it anyway.

If it were my teenager, as a parent I would counsel them to put integrity and self respect above money and to develop a long range educational/life plan rather than grabbing at opportunistic straws. If in any way I believed that Bristol were doing this for some quick college cash I'd be all for it but it seems that she's abandoned her college and career plans to follow in her mother's camera chasing footsteps.

Its no way to begin an adult life and to raise a child. Bristol Palin has every opportunity now for a good education. Chuck and Sally Heath may have not been capable of paying for a decent education for Sarah but Bristol's parents sure as hell can do that now. Instead they've chosen the cheap glitter of pop culture. It shows exactly what the priorities in that family are.

They are nothing short of a disgrace and embarrassment to this state.

Old 09-03-2010, 02:17 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,829,023 times
I've seen spawned out salmon that looked better than that!

Old 09-03-2010, 04:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
This question wasn't directed at me but I'll answer it anyway.

If it were my teenager, as a parent I would counsel them to put integrity and self respect above money and to develop a long range educational/life plan rather than grabbing at opportunistic straws. If in any way I believed that Bristol were doing this for some quick college cash I'd be all for it but it seems that she's abandoned her college and career plans to follow in her mother's camera chasing footsteps.

Its no way to begin an adult life and to raise a child. Bristol Palin has every opportunity now for a good education. Chuck and Sally Heath may have not been capable of paying for a decent education for Sarah but Bristol's parents sure as hell can do that now. Instead they've chosen the cheap glitter of pop culture. It shows exactly what the priorities in that family are.

They are nothing short of a disgrace and embarrassment to this state.
Here is what I think. Sarah Palin is a very controlling woman. I think Bristol just may be doing this to get out from under her mother's thumb a little bit............to have a decent amount of money she can call her OWN. IMHO.

Doing DWTS's is not like dancing at a strip club...........it's a perfectly honorable way for a 19 year old ADULT to earn a nice chunk of change.

The experience did wonders for Kelly Osbourne, it lifted her self esteem and from what I understand, she still dances to keep in shape.

This experience might help Bristol to "come into her own" a little bit........out of the sphere of her mother's influence.

I wish her well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska