Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 02:31 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post
I am going to ask you, politely, to stop making personal attacks. If you cannot discuss the ideas being presented here in a calm and mature manner, then I suggest that you simply avoid this thread and any other thread in which I post.

City-Data has terms of service that state: NO personal attacks.
You might want to read up on that yourself and to take your own advice. After all, you chose to make a lame, wild accusation against me in one of your more recent posts.

And sorry....I hope this doesn't come as too much of a shock to you, but you don't get to decide who participates in the threads that you start, or the ones in which you post

Old 09-14-2010, 02:37 AM

Quote:
You want me to go back and link to all of your Palin-bashing posts? You have a serious anger issue with Sarah Palin, and Joe Miller, and now, with me. What makes you so angry that other people DARE to have an opinion different from your own?

Here is one for you. It's called 'projection'. I don't support Palin, but I do support her right to have an opinion that may be different from mine.
He'd probably agree with Palin's statement that perhaps the bush villages should be relocated (i.e., the people should be dumped off in Anchorage).

That statement does not relate my opinion and it is WRONG for you to project that onto me.
Sorry, it doesn't fly.

Sarah Palin did make such a statement and much of what you have posted on this forum would indicate that you agree with her.

I've posted basically nothing about Miller, by the way. It seems that you're the one who may be projecting here.

From what I've seen, you're the one who has difficulty with people who disagree with your ideology. The rest of us seem to get along just fine despite our political differences.

Old 09-14-2010, 02:41 AM

3,773 posts, read 5,321,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
You might want to read up on that yourself and to take your own advice. After all, you chose to make a lame, wild accusation against me in one of your more recent posts.

And sorry....I hope this doesn't come as too much of a shock to you, but you don't get to decide who participates in the threads that you start, or the ones in which you post
No, I don't get to decide who participates and I don't care for that task anyway. I can handle discussions with people who disagree with me.

As to the relation between the poster hiding behind the 'Metlakatla' moniker and the 'Captain Crunch' moniker, I don't know; but I can suspect you being one and the same. If you can give me some proof that you are not the same poster, then I will let it be.

You have a thread (which I stopped posting to) dealing with "CC, R.I.P." so I am curious as to the connection since you seem to have such a strong attachment. CC comes on here and makes very strong personal attacks. Kind of childish, but thats what comes with internet anonymity.

There are ways to clean up threads.

Old 09-14-2010, 02:41 AM

Quote:
You have a serious anger issue with Sarah Palin
Nah, I have a serious concern that Palin's claw anywhere near the red button would be a detriment to the survival of humanity, and I think that she aspires to exactly that. It really is that simple.

Old 09-14-2010, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Sorry, it doesn't fly.

Sarah Palin did make such a statement and much of what you have posted on this forum would indicate that you agree with her.

I've posted basically nothing about Miller, by the way. It seems that you're the one who may be projecting here.

From what I've seen, you're the one who has difficulty with people who disagree with your ideology. The rest of us seem to get along just fine despite our political differences.

Quite the contrary. Do you need proof that you hate Sarah Palin?

Again, please stop projecting your hatred of Sarah Palin onto me. I don't care what she said or will say, it does not necessarily reflect my viewpoint.

The "rest of us" meaning the small little group that seems to be incapable of reasonable discussion? That group is pretty small. Most of the posters do alright if the rhetoric is ratcheted down and no personal attacks are made.

Old 09-14-2010, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Nah, I have a serious concern that Palin's claw anywhere near the red button would be a detriment to the survival of humanity, and I think that she aspires to exactly that. It really is that simple.
Okay; point made. Is Sarah Palin the topic of this thread?

Oops, caught ya....

Why is it, in a thread discussing the differences between Joe Miller and Scott McAdams, you bring up Sarah Palin?

Old 09-14-2010, 02:54 AM

Quote:
As to the relation between the poster hiding behind the 'Metlakatla' moniker and the 'Captain Crunch' moniker, I don't know; but I can suspect you being one and the same. If you can give me some proof that you are not the same poster, then I will let it be.

You have a thread (which I stopped posting to) dealing with "CC, R.I.P." so I am curious as to the connection since you seem to have such a strong attachment. CC comes on here and makes very stupid personal attacks. Kind of childish, but thats what comes with internet anonymity.
My suggestion is that you take your concerns up with the moderator of this forum; I think that Rance would be able to put your mind at rest concerning your delusions that CC and I are the same person. You might want to also take it up with a senior admin here since multiple accounts are against the TOS...be my guest.

As far as CC and I go, we've known each other for quite a few years--since 2003, I believe, and our connection predates either of our participation on this site. And if you'll look around this place a bit, you'll see that many of the regular posters here have met and have friendships outside of the realm of "internet anonymity".

You're free to ask around if you like....there are people here who've met him in real life, one or two who have met me. Beyond that....I really don't "owe" you any "proof" of anything.

Old 09-14-2010, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Okay; point made. Is Sarah Palin the topic of this thread?

Oops, caught ya....

Why is it, in a thread discussing the differences between Joe Miller and Scott McAdams, you bring up Sarah Palin?
I'm hardly the first one who has done so in these discussions; I think that is probably because Miller is highly endorsed by Palin.

Old 09-14-2010, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Quite the contrary. Do you need proof that you hate Sarah Palin?

Again, please stop projecting your hatred of Sarah Palin onto me. I don't care what she said or will say, it does not necessarily reflect my viewpoint.

The "rest of us" meaning the small little group that seems to be incapable of reasonable discussion? That group is pretty small. Most of the posters do alright if the rhetoric is ratcheted down and no personal attacks are made.
I don't need "proof" of anything. I know how I feel about Palin. You may interpret consternation as "hatred", but that's really your issue.

Old 09-14-2010, 03:02 AM

3,539 posts, read 7,648,963 times
Quote:
Have you read the City-Data terms of service? NO personal attacks. If you cannot discuss the ideas being presented, why don't you stop posting to this thread? To shut down my opposing ideas simply because they are opposing ideas is what a police state is about. Is that what you support, a police state?

Discuss the ideas, please; stop attacking the posters.
I wouldn't say that he never posts a personal attack, but what you quoted is specifically not even close to a personal attack! Just because he doesn't agree with you doesn't mean it is a personal attack. Goodness, he even pointed out that it is not up to him to cut your drivel off. And he has repeatedly cited specifically what it is you are saying that he does not agree with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska