U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-22-2010, 10:01 PM

1,040 posts, read 780,397 times
There is an excellent article by Arianna Huffington on the Huffington Post today called Dear Angry American. I didn't link it because I didn't know if it would break any of the rules of the forumn. I thought it was a good, thoughful commentary that I believe is worth taking a look at and more importantly thinking about.

There is so much anger, fear and ugliness be blasted out 24/7 in this country today. It makes me very sad. I comfort myself by believing in my heart, that America is better then this. I don't have to look much further then my own backyard to see the strength, the dignity and the hope that this country stands for. For all of the issues that divide us, as a state, a country or a nation, there is much more that brings us togather. I think we need to focus on the things that will bring us togather as a people and not those that would drive us further apart.

Old 09-22-2010, 10:47 PM

12,630 posts, read 12,816,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freezengirl View Post
There is an excellent article by Arianna Huffington on the Huffington Post today called Dear Angry American. I didn't link it because I didn't know if it would break any of the rules of the forumn. I thought it was a good, thoughful commentary that I believe is worth taking a look at and more importantly thinking about.

There is so much anger, fear and ugliness be blasted out 24/7 in this country today. It makes me very sad. I comfort myself by believing in my heart, that America is better then this. I don't have to look much further then my own backyard to see the strength, the dignity and the hope that this country stands for. For all of the issues that divide us, as a state, a country or a nation, there is much more that brings us togather. I think we need to focus on the things that will bring us togather as a people and not those that would drive us further apart.
It has been that way for many years. The difference is that the news travels fast these days, and that the US is a lot more populated than years ago. Something happens anywhere in the nation, and this news is posted all over the Internet, or called right away on cell phones, photos are taken and immediately posted or published, and so forth. Also, nowadays in a forum such as this and others, most people (including myself) are stating opinions of all kinds. Bloggers are writing all kinds of stuff, and on and on. That was not the case years ago when we din't have the Internet cell phones with cameras, etc.

So, nowadays we are exposed to all kinds of things (everybody, young and old), and this happens almost instantly. We all have telephones, TV's, and all kinds of gadgets that make such things possible. But anger, wars, and all of that have always existed. That's a part of humankind.

Old 09-22-2010, 11:12 PM

1,040 posts, read 780,397 times
Ray that is kind of my point. We can pander to the fear, the ugly, the worst of human nature, or we can each one of us stand up and focus on the good, the true and the best of human nature.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:55 AM

5,704 posts, read 4,372,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manmountain View Post
Write in or write not ! What a waste of time. Just more altered sillage for the masses of ignorant faithful to be distracted with.

Whats it gonna take sheople? You done--- addios style.

Go with the flow and massage the message and wake up in 3 years and say; 'What happened!!! ' .

Typical non thinkers, but Alaskans are more than that! Its beyond return . The otherside we dont know but you will be a victim , so much more.......etc..

Design a usa just for you ,, fools they are.....THINK

You really know how to put things in perspective.

Old 09-24-2010, 03:56 PM

457 posts, read 625,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by think first View Post
You really know how to put things in perspective.
Its a Matrix cant you see? Zero sum Game.
If the population did a Thereau and spent Ten Years reading origional works forming an inteligence than the USA, the world for that matter as well would have a chance. Thats not gonna happen. Its over my Alaskan Friend.
The only thing to look forward to is the aftermath/future. Its gonna be brutal.
Dont get me wrong ,Im a dreamer and live in the dillusion mental state of greed and pleasure ambition too but comeback to reality Supra hourly.

Its gonna happen so slow the braindead wont feel a thing..
GO MILLER!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-24-2010, 06:19 PM

5,704 posts, read 4,372,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manmountain View Post
Its a Matrix cant you see? Zero sum Game.
If the population did a Thereau and spent Ten Years reading origional works forming an inteligence than the USA, the world for that matter as well would have a chance. Thats not gonna happen. Its over my Alaskan Friend.
The only thing to look forward to is the aftermath/future. Its gonna be brutal.
Dont get me wrong ,Im a dreamer and live in the dillusion mental state of greed and pleasure ambition too but comeback to reality Supra hourly.

Its gonna happen so slow the braindead wont feel a thing..
GO MILLER!!!!!!!!!!!
You wouldn't by chance be lifting stuff from the Tea Party manifesto and calling it you own, would you?

Old 09-24-2010, 06:24 PM

20,960 posts, read 21,231,433 times
He's just delusional and mental...

Old 09-25-2010, 02:51 AM

6,272 posts, read 7,389,186 times
Vote out all the incumbents and we will be off to a good start...

Old 09-25-2010, 05:23 AM

3,538 posts, read 4,167,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
Vote out all the incumbents and we will be off to a good start...
You sound just like Mountain Man! "Delusional and mental" is definitely a good description.

Stevens did such a good job with seniority, lets retire and bury that tool right along with him, never to be used by an Alaskan again. And lets elect guys like Miller, to be absolutely sure we are never bothered again by a competent delegation in Washington.

Conservative wingnuts are just full of wonderful one liners to help make government something they can understand! (Don't be concerned that it doesn't function anymore... at least they "understand" it!)

Last edited by Floyd_Davidson; 09-25-2010 at 05:46 AM..

Old 09-25-2010, 09:23 AM

2,048 posts, read 2,057,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
He's just delusional and mental...
Mark....? I totally agree Warpt

Chances are they are the same poster..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska