Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 11:55 AM

5,706 posts, read 9,625,697 times

Advertisements

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Omlk...layer_embedded

Old 10-23-2010, 12:18 PM

15 posts, read 33,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
I don't understand the whole go out and vote message.

I'd rather have only 5% of the population vote with 99% of them having done their research vs 99% of the population vote with only 5% of them having done their research.
I so agree with you. What is a shame is people who might be most affected by what is passed into law may be the same people who don't get out to vote.

Old 10-23-2010, 12:40 PM

15 posts, read 33,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskagrl View Post
Lisa M. lost at least in part because...hey, guess what...non-native people are still the majority of voters in Alaska, and we in Southeast have major issues with the fact that she wants to allow Sealaska Native Corp. to pick lands "outside the box" of the original terms, effectively killing Forest Service and private land management in many small Southeast Alaska communities.

Sealaska is a bad company. They genuinely don't care what their timber harvest or other practices do to the land, and her version of the bill said that was OK! All you have to do is check out a Sealaska clearcut and compare it to a Forest Service clearcut. FS clearcuts leave stream buffers, seed trees, and visual barriers, and grow relatively quickly back. Sealaska cuts scalp every tree from the landscape; in fact, the hills near Black Bear mountain are an awesome example of that. It's been 7 years, and the second growth still looks exactly the same as when I got here!

Ol' Lisa didn't listen, and kept ramming this bill down our throats. Guess what Lisa?? You lose. And I even vote her party most of the time. Not this time chica! I'm in favor of whatever candidate DOESN'T support the Sealaska bill, even if that means I have to vote off-party next time.
I am glad you vote based on what a politician has done in his or her past. IMO that is what voting should be based on. That, and if the politician has never been in office before, what they say they will do once elected. Newbies are a roll of the dice because promising and delivering are two very different things. Voting for any candidate has to mean voting for the person who does, or says, the least despicable things in your viewpoint. Party voting is IMO dumb since both the DEMS and the REPS are basically the same-vote for what keeps "me" in office next election day.

Old 10-23-2010, 12:40 PM

313 posts, read 324,510 times
Starlite9, are you a genius. i had to read your post twice i liked it so much.
its pretty simple, politicians like lisa and baggage have to go. america can not
afford them anymore. its time to start balancing the budgets and make america
healthy again. its not going to be easy we got use to the take take take mentality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska