U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-20-2010, 11:12 AM

902 posts, read 854,201 times
[quote=think first;15958329]And Joe Miller believes unemployment benefits are unconstitutional, welfare should be eliminated, health care (medicaid) should take a hike, but the Bush tax cuts for the rich should stay.quote]

But in spite of all the faults some people see in our United States there isn't a Country in the World that doesn't secretly want to trade places with us especially right now.

Old 09-20-2010, 01:26 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,887,014 times
But in spite of all the faults some people see in our United States there isn't a Country in the World that doesn't secretly want to trade places with us especially right now.[/quote]

Old 09-20-2010, 02:19 PM

2,453 posts, read 4,691,107 times
Debbie at bountiful-- one of the ways you can improve our country is to take a free adult education class. Before you enlighten us about economic policy, you should learn writing, on at least a 3rd grade level.

Murkowski should run -she offers a real choice from the fringe Miller and the Dem. In Europe voters have a wide range of choices, while in the US its often tweedle Dee and Twedle Dumb.

Old 09-20-2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean2026 View Post
Debbie at bountiful-- Before you enlighten us about economic policy, you should learn writing, on at least a 3rd grade level. ... ... ... wide range of choices, ... tweedle Dee and Twedle Dumb.

And we need another lawyer maybe?????
No thanks the lawyers have paved all our roads with nails already.

Old 09-20-2010, 02:50 PM

4,988 posts, read 5,368,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Van Diest View Post
Interesting blog on Murkowski's chances. He thinks she can win. I don't agree with him but it's still interesting. More on Murkowski's Math - NYTimes.com
I've given up trying to call this one. IMO, it's now a wide open three-way race with three very distinct political choices - Left, Right, and Center. We'll,just have to see how this plays out, and I'm not ruling out any last minute "surprises" or scandals either. Also, I think the pollsters will have a hard time with this one as I am hearing more and more people say they won't make up their mind until last minute after seeing who will actually have a shot at winning. And, if Walker gets in as a write in as well, that could give the whole "write in" thing critical mass and influence the results as well. Finally, I don't know how long it takes the division of elections to count write-ins, but it could be late November before we know who our next Senator will be.

Like I said before, Orville Redenbacher sales are likely to increase here in the coming weeks!

Old 09-20-2010, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Debbie at bountiful-- one of the ways you can improve our country is to take a free adult education class. Before you enlighten us about economic policy, you should learn writing, on at least a 3rd grade level.

Murkowski should run -she offers a real choice from the fringe Miller and the Dem. In Europe voters have a wide range of choices, while in the US its often tweedle Dee and Twedle Dumb.
Maybe she should run. By the way speaking of writing, I am not Debbie at bountiful, I am Debbie at bouontiful. Your really a nice guy, I guess name calling is about all you can do. Is that how you debate?

Old 09-20-2010, 03:51 PM

4,988 posts, read 5,368,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie at bouontiful View Post
By the way speaking of writing, I am not Debbie at bountiful, I am Debbie at bouontiful.
You and notreesininceland should get together!

Old 09-20-2010, 03:52 PM

Quote:

Your really sweet or should I say quite hateful. Is that how you debate by name calling. By the way I have lived in Europe for many years and probably know a few things about their politics.

Old 09-20-2010, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie at bouontiful View Post
Your really sweet or should I say quite hateful. Is that how you debate by name calling. By the way I have lived in Europe for many years and probably know a few things about their politics.
Now Debbie you have to excuse the excuse. For a lawyer he's doing his best.

Old 09-20-2010, 06:08 PM

957 posts, read 1,523,664 times
Default Glad she lost

Lisa M. lost at least in part because...hey, guess what...non-native people are still the majority of voters in Alaska, and we in Southeast have major issues with the fact that she wants to allow Sealaska Native Corp. to pick lands "outside the box" of the original terms, effectively killing Forest Service and private land management in many small Southeast Alaska communities.

Sealaska is a bad company. They genuinely don't care what their timber harvest or other practices do to the land, and her version of the bill said that was OK! All you have to do is check out a Sealaska clearcut and compare it to a Forest Service clearcut. FS clearcuts leave stream buffers, seed trees, and visual barriers, and grow relatively quickly back. Sealaska cuts scalp every tree from the landscape; in fact, the hills near Black Bear mountain are an awesome example of that. It's been 7 years, and the second growth still looks exactly the same as when I got here!

Ol' Lisa didn't listen, and kept ramming this bill down our throats. Guess what Lisa?? You lose. And I even vote her party most of the time. Not this time chica! I'm in favor of whatever candidate DOESN'T support the Sealaska bill, even if that means I have to vote off-party next time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska