Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2010, 07:44 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,164,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd_Davidson View Post
Just as I suspected, you have never actually bother to read the Constitution!

We the people are the most essential part of all of them.
"We the people" aren't the Federal Government (nor local governments), no matter how hard you want to weasel that idea through.

Old 09-27-2010, 07:56 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,116,924 times
I like how threads turn into "I know more than you do" between certain old people.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
I like how threads turn into "I know more than you do" between certain old people.
I could never know more than Floyd Nobody does.

All I know is that the Federal Government is not the people. If that were the case, every person in the US would be working for the Goverment. But on the bright side, everybody would be working along Homeland Security, maybe at the Supreme Court, maybe flying in AF One with Obama, maybe taking naps in Congress (or just packing pork to Alaska), or maybe sleeping at the Oral Office, maybe directing air traffic for the FAA, or just shooting missiles at the Taliban

A good thing is that a private sector would not exist (no taxes), so our wages would come from money being printed each day, or from forests and forests of money trees

Old 09-27-2010, 08:33 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,685,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
I resent that comment!! "I know nothing, I see nothing"!!!

YouTube - Sargent Schultz - I know nothing, I am not here - I did not even get up this morning!

Old 09-27-2010, 09:24 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,625,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
I only have about 4 ounces of cabernet with dinner.
Sissy. You'd be laughed out of the state of WI. People here pee out more wine than that before 8:00am.

And its not from the night before.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:19 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,018,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
I resent that comment!! "I know nothing, I see nothing"!!!
dang, I miss that show!

Old 09-27-2010, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by think first View Post
Sissy. You'd be laughed out of the state of WI. People here pee out more wine than that before 8:00am.

And its not from the night before.
Just being careful not to get too fat. It's easy for Alaskans to look like tomatoes, and ours (tomatoes) are known for being plump and juicy.

Old 09-28-2010, 01:58 AM

3,539 posts, read 7,650,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Talk to you is like talking to a hole in the wall. A complete waste of time.
I certainly hope so! That wall of willful ignorance you view the world through is the ultimate barrier. Intelligent discussion isn't possible until you cease shielding yourself from reality, and anyone who is worth talking to will be wasted on you.

In short, anyone who doesn't present you with the same problem is not engaging in useful communications.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:03 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,685,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd_Davidson View Post
Intelligent discussion isn't possible
Oh so true!!! You don't know how to have one. Anyone that doesn't agree with you 100% is delusional, mental or a nut case.

So your correct again. 100%.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:22 AM

3,539 posts, read 7,650,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
"We the people" aren't the Federal Government (nor local governments), no matter how hard you want to weasel that idea through.
Get yourself a couple of good books. Try a dictionary and a primer on civics.

One of the things you can learn is what the term "democracy" means. And then what a "Democratic Republic" is.

The next step is pretty far fetched for beginners, but even you could come to understand what is so hilarious about the eternal desires of some people to "kick them all out", supposedly to start new with uncorrupted politicians. Of course right along side that there is the statement that "all politicians are corrupt". And that literally and figuratively is assumed to mean that all government is corrupt.

As noted, those notions are hilarious. Politicians are not at the top of the heap in a democratic government, and they are not the source of what defines the character of our government. Replacing all politicians en mass would not change the level of corruption one iota! That is because you'd have to change the root, not the branches, not the bark, not the leaves,..

The root of course is the people. We are the top level, the defining source of our government. We elect representatives to manage and administer those who are paid to work in government.

If you really want our government to have a different character, you have to change the people. For example with better education programs. With better health programs. With anything that makes voters more reasonable, intelligent, and more responsible. Of course those are all very Liberal minded methods.

The Conservative way is to encourage Bubba to vote. And tell Bubba he will be better off it taxes for the rich are reduced, etc. etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska