U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-30-2010, 07:30 PM

5,402 posts, read 7,278,083 times

Advertisements

Over half these threads are politics. Only a few of us will actually offer relocation advice even if it's very blunt and to the point. Did I mention I think the only good cat is a dead one?

When will the Alaska Forum get back to being about Alaska and not this politics garbage????
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2010, 07:41 PM

5,706 posts, read 4,901,767 times
Jeepers, you must be in a perpetual state of painful, burning, itching, hemorrhoids.

Old 09-30-2010, 07:45 PM

16,112 posts, read 16,176,764 times
la la la

Quote:
This message is hidden because stiffnecked is on your ignore list.

Old 09-30-2010, 07:48 PM

924 posts, read 919,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Over half these threads are politics. Only a few of us will actually offer relocation advice even if it's very blunt and to the point. Did I mention I think the only good cat is a dead one?

When will the Alaska Forum get back to being about Alaska and not this politics garbage????
I'd imagine after the election things will start to get back to normal. After being around for over a year I recall Winter is the slow season for the list and by Spring some of the idiots who want to move up here so they can stop working and live off the Federal dole will be asking lots of questions for you to analyze in your innate manner.

And since you mentioned the fact I'd have to say the only good retired cop is a dead one which ought to cover you up for a while

Old 09-30-2010, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by think first View Post
Jeepers, you must be in a perpetual state of painful, burning, itching, hemorrhoids.
Why don't you share your treatment with the rest of us? I'm just sick of the politics stuff. It's old and boring. The advangtages of moving to southeast over southwest Alaska would make for a much better topic.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
la la la

What??? Remember your ignoring me.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:07 PM

16,112 posts, read 16,176,764 times
Oh I see. Stiff is in a snit because there aren't enough new people asking questions here for him to blare at.

Nothing wrong with relocation advice being blunt and to the point, Stiff, but your advice is invariably downright mean spirited, and it seems as if you just lie in wait here for someone new to post here so that you can attack them.

Somehow I think that if the political threads that you're crying a river about were mentioning your boy Joe in a more positive light you'd be supportive of their right to exist.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:17 PM

6,943 posts, read 5,385,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post

The answer is simple, many people on the AK Forum come here routinely. Currently, there has been a lack of questions from tourists and movers, so what's wrong with having threads about Alaskan politics or random stuff? It's not as if threads about relocating or visiting are going unanswered.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:17 PM

5,706 posts, read 4,901,767 times
Quote:

Somehow I think that if the political threads that you're crying a river about were mentioning your boy Joe in a more positive light you'd be supportive of their right to exist.
Amen to that.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Oh I see. Stiff is in a snit because there aren't enough new people asking questions here for him to blare at.

Nothing wrong with relocation advice being blunt and to the point, Stiff, but your advice is invariably downright mean spirited, and it seems as if you just lie in wait here for someone new to post here so that you can attack them.

I'll admit I get carried away with the "cat" issue. Wait until you've spent a couple of thousand replacing carpets cause of cat urine. I'll give it a rest. As they say "no sense in beating a dead dog to death".

I very seldom comment on politics unless it's to torment Floyd a bit. As for Joe Miller, I don't know him and really don't care. I'll probably write in Murkowski's name just on principal. I'd like to see a write-in canidate have a chance. Let the people speak. ********** primary election garbage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska