Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 09:26 AM

2,519 posts, read 7,033,517 times

Advertisements

I have generally stayed out of these discussions lately.

This is an interesting race and I think that it has already pretty much solidified. I don't think there is much more that can be thrown at Miller that will change his numbers now. Most hard core conservatives are going to vote fore Miller, including me.

Most hard core liberals are going to vote for McAdams.

Murkowski is taking a bite out of the middle.

McAdams actually seems to have been slightly building lately and I think that will hurt Murkowski.

This race will be a nail-biter...and another one for the history books. Only 3 weeks to go.

Old 10-13-2010, 10:59 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
Heir Miller is bought and paid, his vote nothing more than a rubber stamp of pride and corruption. at least Lisa cared about Alaska. And Ray on the Ted comment.....he "got in trouble" due to the same zeal that Miller has.......one tells children to stop asking questions....not voters. You did know that all the lawyers who went after Ted were demoted or worse...right? Just checking.

Old 10-13-2010, 12:32 PM

191 posts, read 360,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Van Diest View Post

This is an interesting race and I think that it has already pretty much solidified. I don't think there is much more that can be thrown at Miller that will change his numbers now. Most hard core conservatives are going to vote fore Miller, including me.

McAdams actually seems to have been slightly building lately and I think that will hurt Murkowski.

This race will be a nail-biter...and another one for the history books. Only 3 weeks to go.
The one thing left that I think could be a game changer will be, if the lawsuits from the AK. Dispatch and the News Miner are successful and his personnel records are released over his objections. If it turns out he did lie about why he left, or that he was suspended for using borough equipment in his campaign to get rid of Ruedrich, that will be a huge problem. Remember, that is the exact same thing that the Palinistas got on Ruedrich in the first place.

Old 10-13-2010, 01:23 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
And so Don Young, after spending millions on lawyers.
Yeah... Whatrever you say...blah, blah, blah, and VECO (back to 1996). Lisa has been accepting donations form the same people for years now (look it up). As I said before, the sleek ones don't get caught. They just walk real close thew the boundaries of the law. The longer any politician stays in office, the more corrupt he or she becomes. That's the way it has and will always be, unless term limits is implemented, or voters just vote them out of office.
I don't know why you bother. It should be very obvious to you by now that these liberal nut jobs have a very selective memory and no matter what you say they will always choose the worst possible candidate for Alaska and the nation. Of course Lisa is corrupt, just like her father, anyone with a brain knows that much.

Quote:
Anchorage, Alaska - Alaska Republican senator Lisa Murkowski received an incredible deal on prime property on the banks of the Alaska's Kenai River, a purchase she illegally failed to report on her annual financial disclosures filed in May.

Murkowski refused to disclose the purchase price of the 1.27-acre vacant tract all week but finally relented yesterday after pressure from media organizations.

Real estate developers say the land could sell today for nearly $120,000 more than the $179,400 she paid for it. Senate ethics rules prohibit senators from receiving gifts from personal friends if the value is over $250.

Source: Alaska Republican Lisa Murkowski Caught In Kenai River Land Scam
Bob Penney, who sold Lisa the land, was also involved in the Ted Stevens' investigation and other dubious land deals.

Old 10-13-2010, 01:31 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Van Diest View Post

I disagree with your assessment of who will be voting for Lisa. Those who would vote for Lisa had absolutely no intention of ever voting for Joe in the first place, so she is taking votes away from Scott, not Joe. I don't think the race will be close at all. I'm predicting that Joe will easily win with more than 50% of the vote, while Lisa and Scott will end up dividing up the remainder of the votes. I also think Scott will get more votes than Lisa. Lisa is damaged goods. She may not be a quitter, but she is certainly a loser.

Old 10-13-2010, 01:47 PM

...and I do agree with Ray that people are fed long up with politicians of any sort who propose and promulgate the current capitalist domination and global corruption. it is however unfortunate that the people leading the charge like Joe Ms. DP Lizard Brain and the Witch are sold to Murdoch Fox and beholdin' to the minions. Once the frustrated masses realize that they are WORSE...that is when IMO people will be taking stock and making plans........capitalism now is just another paradigm which may in fact fail.......we shall see. Would any of keep friends like these flip flopping sacks of crap? I seriously doubt it.

Old 10-13-2010, 02:15 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times
How in the world could anyone vote for such a hippocrite. All the social programs he's so against he has used personally in the past. As an excuse he said, Well we just didn't have much money back then!!!!! Well DUH pal, that's just what those types of programs are for. Help folks get on their feet and once they get on their feet they become productive tax paying citizens. If anything you yourself, dimwit prove the value of the policies you oppose now that you personally don't need them anymore.

Old 10-13-2010, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
How in the world could anyone vote for such a hippocrite. All the social programs he's so against he has used personally in the past. As an excuse he said, Well we just didn't have much money back then!!!!! Well DUH pal, that's just what those types of programs are for. Help folks get on their feet and once they get on their feet they become productive tax paying citizens. If anything you yourself, dimwit prove the value of the policies you oppose now that you personally don't need them anymore.
because here in america a large % of people live on a steady diet of barcalounger hatred as religion fox news processed non food and manipulations. a solid diet of that will soften a persons brain........

Old 10-13-2010, 02:54 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
because here in america a large % of people live on a steady diet of barcalounger hatred as religion fox news processed non food and manipulations. a solid diet of that will soften a persons brain........
That must be it for sure because as a foreigner looking in at the American political process it resembles. A mix of WWF wrestling, a carnival, a soap opera, a zoo and a bunch of snake oil salesmen all wrapped up into one big ugly package.

Old 10-13-2010, 04:15 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,630,964 times
Both parties are completely corrupt. They need to be dismantled. They're in this together, although they claim otherwise. Both are complicit in the destruction of this country. They're a tag-team.

We never get to hear from other parties like the Libertarian, Green, or Constitution. The Dems & Repubs won't allow anyone to infiltrate their crooked domain. Other parties can't even get on a ballot because the dirty duo won't allow it. That's not a democracy, that's a duopoly.

Perhaps only names should be put on the ballot and not party affiliation. Too many people vote blindly for one party or another.

If anyone believes either major party is in this for them, then I suggest you go for a long stay at McLean Hospital. The Tea Party has as its de facto leader, the dingbat, so they can't be taken seriously.

Power and money continues to destroy all but the rich, and that needs to be brought to a screeching halt. And it will halt once all Americans finally figure out its all of us against them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska