U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-17-2010, 06:18 PM

5,704 posts, read 4,369,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapperdoc View Post

As far as the Richard Pryor thing goes, I guess some people have no sense of humor.
I lost my sense of humor when I was denied entry into Alaska simply because my mother is Polish.

It isn't like I had plans to beat someone to death with a kielbasa.

Old 10-17-2010, 07:01 PM

12,624 posts, read 12,805,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by think first View Post
You do. Its called a write-in.
Write-in, "Mickey Mouse"

Old 10-17-2010, 11:04 PM

4,988 posts, read 5,178,640 times
Miller has gone completely off the deep end:

Miller security guards handcuff editor: 2010 Alaska U.S. Senate election | adn.com

Now he's got his own personal gestapo harassing US citizens simply trying to ask him questions! What happened to that 1st amendment? Oh yea, I forgot, he's a contitutional ignoramus.

Old 10-17-2010, 11:22 PM

12,624 posts, read 12,805,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
Miller has gone completely off the deep end:

Miller security guards handcuff editor: 2010 Alaska U.S. Senate election | adn.com

Now he's got his own personal gestapo harassing US citizens simply trying to ask him questions! What happened to that 1st amendment? Oh yea, I forgot, he's a contitutional ignoramus.
The reporter (or Lisa's operative) was trespassing, so it serves him well. Hopefully he will get a couple of days in jail

Old 10-17-2010, 11:55 PM

4,988 posts, read 5,178,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
The reporter (or Lisa's operative) was trespassing, so it serves him well. Hopefully he will get a couple of days in jail
OMG Ray. You are actually defending this? Seriously? OK, I'll bite. Explain to the rest of us how a reporter, attending a public gathering, put on by a candidtate for public office, held at a public school, could possibly be "trespassing?"

If anyone needs to be charged by the DA, it's Joseph Stalin Miller and his goon squad for Unlawful Detainment.

Old 10-18-2010, 12:04 AM

6,413 posts, read 7,072,883 times
He was NOT arrested by police, he was let go. It was only a private party arrest. He was on public property, at a public gathering. Just proves that Miller and his bunch are, well, a bunch of A-Holes.

Old 10-18-2010, 12:52 AM

894 posts, read 811,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
I have a good one for you, posted by Mouser at the Political Forum. The last paragraph tells you why so many people oppose Obamacare. But instead of reading "Democrat" and "Republican," just imagine that it's "liberal" and "conservative" since not all Republicans are conservative, and not all Democrats are "as" liberal:

Ray You're stooping pretty low to pick up crap like that hoping some of us intelligent people wont see how illiterate it makes you look. If you actually believe that contains anything factual then you don't belong in an intelligent discussion. Why don't you pick something that makes sense to post? And while you're at it why not leave the word Obamacare out of your statements? I doesn't show you in a good light when you keep using such a worthless acronym. The name doesn't fit anything an intelligent person would use. Is that so hard for you to understand?

Old 10-18-2010, 01:39 AM

3,538 posts, read 4,164,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
OMG Ray. You are actually defending this? Seriously?
Ray has repeatedly defended things that are just as bad. This comes as no surprise in terms of Ray.

I admit to being more than a little surprised at the Miller Campaign though. He apparently has previously demonstrated this same sort of mentality in minor ways, but this rises far beyond the previous signs that Joe Miller lacks integrity or ethics. It isn't just that he's a bit of a "wacko", it seems he is genuinely mentally unstable.
  1. Accusing a person of assault because he "pushed" someone in a "crowd" that was intentionally surrounding him and blocking his way?
  2. Accusing a person of trespass at a clearly public meeting?
  3. Detaining said person in handcuffs?
  4. Taking the person's camera?
  5. Tampering with evidence by removing images from the camera?
  6. Fabricating untrue stories to support their version of the incident?

Miller is clearly mentally unbalanced, and people who continue to support him are ignoring obvious signs that he is a disaster.

Old 10-18-2010, 09:26 AM

1,040 posts, read 779,775 times
Food for thought: Any political figure has to go through the trial by fire of public scrutiny, questions and general stumping in order to get the public on board with the idea of being hired for the job via voting. If a political figure won't answer questions, won't talk to journalist or any media not under their propaganda reach and shows utter disdain for the electoral process and the rights of the people to scrutinize them for the job, then why would anyone consider them trustworthy enough to represent them? I just don't get it.

Old 10-18-2010, 09:48 AM

195 posts, read 125,723 times
We are truly in a "pickle" all over America because we must choose the "lesser of two evils" for our political candidates, or be forced to write in a candidate in order to be satisfied with our choice, or even worse...just not vote. What a mess!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska