Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 09:26 PM

4,988 posts, read 9,955,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
However, I understand what he's saying. The media focuses too much on trivial personal information vs the issues at hand. It's kind of sad. Most people I ask who are you voting for and why, don't know anything about the actual candidate's position on issues. They say he's a good guy, someone you could have a beer with or she dabbled in witchcraft when she was young, she couldn't make a good political figure.
None of it is "trivial" information. Lisa Murkowski has an established voting record. Agree with it or not, at least it is posible to make a rational decision about supporting her her based on facts. Joe Miller has no established record, so deciding to support him requires listening to what he says, then judging whether or not you believe he will keep his word. The only way to make a rational decision about that is to learn about his character. The facts of his personal life are the only way to do this. That he won't even answer questions about this any more speaks volumes.

Old 10-12-2010, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
You have made some good points.

Now about Miller against Lisa in relation to which one of the two is seen as most corrupt, Lisa wins hands down. For an idea of what has been happening since she was handed down the Senate seat by her father, all one has to do is to perform a Google search such as this "Lisa Murkowski and corruption," and this is the result:
Lisa Murkowski and corruption: - Google Search

Some of the websites repeat the same news (some may be rumors), but quite a few are based on past and published news reports. Some of the websites are quite political, from both sides of the political spectrum (Republican or Democrat).
Lets see here. Your search brings up
Quote:
Results 1 - 10 of about 125,000 for Lisa Murkowski and corruption:. (0.19 seconds)
However, type in in "Joe Miller and corruption" and get this:
Quote:
Results 1 - 10 of about 299,000 for Joe Miller and corruption:. (0.16 seconds)

Old 10-12-2010, 09:45 PM

20,243 posts, read 36,884,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
Lets see here. Your search brings up

However, type in in "Joe Miller and corruption" and get this:

Hmmm...Something is funny about this.

1. While Miller has not been in politics that long, Lisa has.

2. If you read the news about Miller, you will realize that its mostly recently published news, mostly from the moment Miller won the primaries.

3. If you read the new about Lisa's corruption, it dates back a few years, or back to the moment her Father handed the Senate seat to her.

4. If you read the news about Lisa's $ donors, soon enough you will see the same companies that got Stevens and other Republicans in Alaska in trouble. You will also see a lot of oil and utilities companies, unions, mostly from outside Alaska. You will also notice shabby deals on land and an ice cream company, plus a bridge that was supposed to be of access to an island where her family owns land.

5. How about $1.8-million at her disposal during the primaries? Do you believe this money was given to her by us poor Alaskans? She still has over $1.2 million, and at least $600K just donated from the unions.

Try this one when you are at it (who's donating to Lisa Murkowski?):
http://www.google.com/search?client=...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Last edited by RayinAK; 10-12-2010 at 09:56 PM..

Old 10-12-2010, 09:58 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,572,090 times
All three candidates were asked which senator they admired most. Joe Miller's reply? Jim DeMint of South Carolina.

Now that'd be like me saying I admire manmountain more than any other person on the Alaska forum.

Both DeMint and manmountain are crazier than a sh*ithouse rat. And Joe is equally as batty for admiring the former.

Old 10-12-2010, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by think first View Post
All three candidates were asked which senator they admired most. Joe Miller's reply? Jim DeMint of South Carolina.

Now that'd be like me saying I admire manmountain more than any other person on the Alaska forum.

Both DeMint and manmountain are crazier than a sh*ithouse rat. And Joe is equally as batty for admiring the former.
And Lisa admires two quite liberal Democrats: Sen. Tom Carper, D-Delaware, and Sen. Jeff Bingaman.

Old 10-12-2010, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Hmmm...Something is funny about this.

1. While Miller has not been in politics that long, Lisa has.

2. If you read the news about Miller, you will realize that its mostly recently published news, mostly from the moment Miller won the primaries.

3. If you read the new about Lisa's corruption, it dates back a few years, or back to the moment her Father handed the Senate seat to her.

4. If you read the news about Lisa's $ donors, soon enough you will see the same companies that got Stevens and other Republicans in Alaska in trouble. You will also see a lot of oil and utilities companies, unions, mostly from outside Alaska. You will also notice shabby deals on land and an ice cream company, plus a bridge that was supposed to be of access to an island where her family owns land.

5. How about $1.8-million at her disposal during the primaries? Do you believe this money was given to her by us poor Alaskans? She still has over $1.2 million, and at least $600K just donated from the unions.

Try this one when you are at it (who's donating to Lisa Murkowski?):
Where is Lisa Murkowski getting donations from? - Google Search
Nice tap dance. I can here it all the way from out here!

Old 10-12-2010, 10:26 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,572,090 times
Quote:
And Lisa admires two quite liberal Democrats: Sen. Tom Carper, D-Delaware, and Sen. Jeff Bingaman.
What I said has nothing to do with liberals or conservatives, it has to do with being sane or insane. DeMint is insane.

Old 10-12-2010, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
Nice tap dance. I can here it all the way from out here!
It's not tap dance. You can read it all by yourself, some of the news on major US newspapers. Lisa has been is such dealings from the beginning, along a group of the national Republican leaders, the same ones who protected her during and after the primaries. But you don't have to believe me if you don't want to. Just take what I tell you with a grain of salt, and at the same time take your time to do your own research. Must of what I am telling you about is of public record. For example, political campaign donors must be made public. But politicians aren't going to tell you where to look for the data since it can hurt them.

Nowadays, with the Internet, it takes a few minutes of searching, and most can be easily found.

Old 10-12-2010, 10:41 PM

20,830 posts, read 16,961,699 times
anyone can debate the relative positions of the candidate however Miller's position not to speak about his issues which reveal his character is a concern. Moose's point that his record is not as visible as others makes it even more important for his conduct to be examined.

The 1st thing a dictator demands is your silence.

Old 10-12-2010, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
anyone can debate the relative positions of the candidate however Miller's position not to speak about his issues which reveal his character is a concern. Moose's point that his record is not as visible as others makes it even more important for his conduct to be examined.

The 1st thing a dictator demands is your silence.
Miller position, as far as I understand it, is not to speak about his personal life because it distracts from the main issues of the campaign. If the election were to be based on all the candidates personal stuff, then all of them should speak freely about such, not just Miller. If the same would be based on corruption, then every one of them should do so, not just one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska