U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 05:30 PM

2,785 posts, read 4,563,406 times
Default Joe Miller -- Reporter "Arrested" at public event?

I learned about "Reporter-Gate" earlier tonight while watching the Ed Schultz Show. What's going on out there, Alaskans? Is this the way Miller will treat reporters and the inquiring public if he makes it into the Senate? Have there been other similar occurrences that didn't make it into the national news?

Has this event changed your perception of Joe Miller and will it affect your vote? Does it make the TEA Party look like the Nazi Party?

Story here:

Miller security guards handcuff editor: 2010 Alaska U.S. Senate election | adn.com

Last edited by Bhaalspawn; 10-18-2010 at 05:44 PM..

Old 10-18-2010, 05:48 PM

15,940 posts, read 15,500,663 times
It hasn't changed my mind a bit on either Joe Miller or the Tea Party.

Old 10-18-2010, 06:00 PM

2,192 posts, read 2,671,515 times
Why haven't they made a yawning face yet?

Old 10-18-2010, 06:02 PM

3,538 posts, read 4,352,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaalspawn View Post
I learned about "Reporter-Gate" earlier tonight while watching the Ed Schultz Show. What's going on out there, Alaskans? Is this the way Miller will treat reporters and the inquiring public if he makes it into the Senate? Have there been other similar occurrences that didn't make it into the national news?

Has this event changed your perception of Joe Miller and will it affect your vote? Does it make the TEA Party look like the Nazi Party?

Story here:

Miller security guards handcuff editor: 2010 Alaska U.S. Senate election | adn.com
Miller had a few interesting things to say that he didn't want the media to report, apparently. Such as his use of East Germany's Berlin Wall and a policy of shooting citizens who crossed the border as an example of what the US should look at to provide border security.

This is a guy people think understands our constitution???? Whoa...

Old 10-18-2010, 06:04 PM

6,263 posts, read 4,811,742 times
Everybody that surrounds me in AK supports Joe Miller. I was starting to even give him a chance. I didn't even care he wouldn't answer questions about his background. HOWEVER, this incidident has pushed me back to Murkowski. I'll be voting in the next couple days, Lisa Murkowski and Ethan Berkowitz.

Old 10-18-2010, 06:24 PM

5,706 posts, read 4,661,431 times
Joe?

Yes Toto.

Can we go back to Kansas?

In about two weeks Toto. In about two weeks.

Old 10-18-2010, 06:33 PM

915 posts, read 873,897 times
I read the story in ADN and it seems like at this time there are no comments supporting Joe the least under the stories I read. Could be both other Ms in the race suddenly became full fledged candidates. Finding the lesser of the evils in this election is becoming much easier every time another Joe bomb explodes. Perhaps Joe the much least is coming out from under his rock.

Old 10-18-2010, 06:45 PM

3,538 posts, read 4,352,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richelles View Post
I read the story in ADN and it seems like at this time there are no comments supporting Joe the least under the stories I read. Could be both other Ms in the race suddenly became full fledged candidates. Finding the lesser of the evils in this election is becoming much easier every time another Joe bomb explodes. Perhaps Joe the much least is coming out from under his rock.
Just remember that voters in this state put Frank Murkowski in the Governor's office after having watched him spend 22 years in the US Senate as a total dead beat. They then, sigh... picked Sarah Palin to replace him!

We very well could see Joe Miller get elected. Lacking any qualifications has not stopped voters in this state before. The same people voted for GW Bush... and then voted for the McCain/Palin ticket!

These are the people who say we need a change... and expect to get it from Joe Miller! What a total hoot.

Old 10-18-2010, 06:50 PM

784 posts, read 1,560,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason28 View Post
Why haven't they made a yawning face yet?
|:-() you mean?

Old 10-18-2010, 07:05 PM

191 posts, read 186,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Everybody that surrounds me in AK supports Joe Miller. I was starting to even give him a chance. I didn't even care he wouldn't answer questions about his background. HOWEVER, this incidident has pushed me back to Murkowski. I'll be voting in the next couple days, Lisa Murkowski and Ethan Berkowitz.
Yeah I'm abandoning this ship too. It's all starting to add up to Palin redux. Make the press the issue, lie until you are caught, once you are caught, admit the least possible, then keep obfuscating. Hire redneck incompetents into your inner circle. It is too bad, because I actually agree with him on most issues, and 99 pct of the time, that is good enough, but I must (VERY reluctantly) admit that he doesn't appear to be fit to hold office. There is something very wrong with this guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska