U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-29-2010, 11:57 AM

4,988 posts, read 5,189,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigre79 View Post
The only way I can see it being deceitful is if someone on the list would refuse the office if they were elected. They're write-in candidates. Not on the ballot. Just on some list that shouldn't even be necessary. The idea of an "official" write-in candidate doesn't even make a lot of sense. If you want to vote for someone not on the ballot, remember their name or write it down on something and take it with you. I think that's kind of the point of this whole thing.
Well, we aren't the ones they need to convince. As the old saying goes, they're gonna have to "tell it to the judge."

I saw some of the people interviewed on the news last night and they made it very clear that their intentions were purely mischevious. They had no intent to actually run for an office, their sole purpose was to "confuse and dis-enfranchise Murkowski voters." Those were their words, not mine - a defacto confession to a crime - recorded on video. Election tampering is taken very seriously.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2010, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by think first View Post
Here's a list of the write-in candidates for senator.

http://www.elections.alaska.gov/ci_p...0_genr.php#uss
Also, looking over that list, I'm pretty sure some of those are bogus or joke names. Again, by putting a signature on the form, that would amount to FRAUD.

Old 10-29-2010, 12:36 PM

7,016 posts, read 6,382,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Please, I am waiting for these guys all to get their invitations and move on. The majority that post on politics never answer questions for those looking for information. They just come on here and whine......
to agree to disagree amicably would be a great way to keep a political thread going....but some choose to be rude, childish and use the report button. there is a lot of good information flowing here but it gets ruined when one poster cannot be accepting of someone else's choice and voices that choice.

Old 10-29-2010, 02:56 PM

4,043 posts, read 4,836,052 times
It seems to me that for a position as powerful as a US Senate seat, the prospective candidate should be a known individual with a resume of serving the public at a local level first. You don't just go from relative obscurity to CEO in the business world, you have to pay your dues first. That way, you don't get an unproven person with facist tendencies going to DC.

Old 10-29-2010, 03:01 PM

292 posts, read 122,509 times
Well boys and girls. I only wish i could have registered my name in time. If you want to show support for a fellow forum member. just write in TURBO700. Thankyou, thankyou very much. Now they can close this one.

Old 10-29-2010, 03:11 PM

894 posts, read 813,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo700 View Post
Well boys and girls. I only wish i could have registered my name in time. If you want to show support for a fellow forum member. just write in TURBO700. Thankyou, thankyou very much. Now they can close this one.
Well, well, child if you have any qualifications for high office perhaps you might elucidate all of us by disclosing them so we would at least know what they are. As is your single qualification seems to be to pick the least worthwhile candidate and promote that individual to the exclusion of any candidate with many strong qualifications. So they should close the thread after you have had your worthless say so?

Old 10-29-2010, 04:10 PM

292 posts, read 122,509 times
Richelles,

I am starting to feel the love. Anyone that would use elucidate to respond to my post. I love you man. You should have went to the rally last night. Then you too would be enlightened.

Old 10-29-2010, 06:43 PM

5,704 posts, read 4,381,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
And the radio station he works for would be wise to give him the boot lest they be held culpable along with him.
Fagan said the station's general manager, Dennis Bookey, told him he was off the station today and they would evaluate the situation Monday.

Talk radio host off the air after rallying listeners to run for Senate

The guy certainly appears to use his radio show as a political platform to oust Lisa. He can do that -- but on his own dime.

Old 10-29-2010, 06:45 PM

4,043 posts, read 4,836,052 times
Was it a brain washing session? I don't care how wonderful someone sounds, if they haven't proven their worth in a lower office, I'm not listening.

Old 10-29-2010, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by think first View Post
Fagan said the station's general manager, Dennis Bookey, told him he was off the station today and they would evaluate the situation Monday.

Talk radio host off the air after rallying listeners to run for Senate

The guy certainly appears to use his radio show as a political platform to oust Lisa. He can do that -- but on his own dime.
Not only that, but he is claiming he was taken off as part of the vast Murkowski conspiracy

Quote:
"Bottom line is that Lisa Murkowski is a very powerful person, and she has succeeded in taking me off the air the Friday before the election," Fagan said. "It's impressive."
Never mind he was complicit in election fraud.

The guy needs a tin-foil hat. Problem is I don't know if there is enough foil in the entire state of Alaska to cover his fat head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska