Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2010, 03:21 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,468,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
I was forced to sit through a few minutes of the show last night and couldn't believe my eyes. In this episode, Sarah and her kids were attempting to "filet" some salmon. It's clear that they were utterly clueless about what they were doing. In fact, they even mentioned a few times that it was their first time ever doing this. The end products also reflected this. The poor salmon "fillets" looked like the had been hacked out with a chainsaw.

As I suspected, these people have been fakers this entire time.
Yeah, she has tried to involve her kids to be able to gut fish etc,etc, and they have no real interest in what their parents are doing, like most teenagers. So how is that fake?

Old 12-06-2010, 03:27 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,701,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
Yeah, she has tried to involve her kids to be able to gut fish etc,etc, and they have no real interest in what their parents are doing, like most teenagers. So how is that fake?
Because she spouted all over the place during the election that the whole family takes part in Todd's set net operation out in Bristol Bay, that's why.

Old 12-06-2010, 03:32 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,468,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Because she spouted all over the place during the election that the whole family takes part in Todd's set net operation out in Bristol Bay, that's why.
Are you sure she said whole family, or just family? It is a family affair. Maybe when the kids were smaller, they did, but as teenagers, they don't want to hang out with mom and dad any more. Track is taking part of it. Holding his own. Sarah and Todd's family are also aprt of that.
I am not seeing the "fake" part of that.
Next week has stupid Kate Gosselin. Now she is a fake!

Old 12-06-2010, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Are you sure she said whole family, or just family? It is a family affair. Maybe when the kids were smaller, they did, but as teenagers, they don't want to hang out with mom and dad any more. Track is taking part of it. Holding his own. Sarah and Todd's family are also aprt of that.
I am not seeing the "fake" part of that.
Next week has stupid Kate Gosselin. Now she is a fake!
Nah, she's gone on for years about how the kids always helped with that.

Old 12-06-2010, 03:43 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,019,420 times
Quote:
Are you sure she said whole family, or just family? It is a family affair. Maybe when the kids were smaller, they did, but as teenagers, they don't want to hang out with mom and dad any more.
maybe = you don't know = talking out your backside.

No sense wasting even more precious CPU cycles discussing this with a cluelss troll.

Old 12-06-2010, 03:46 PM

Personally, I don't think that Todd himself has been very active in his set net operation for a few years, though to be fair he couldn't be blamed for not going out at all this last season.

Personally I think the whole "commercial fishing" aspect of the Palins' lives was hyped way beyond the reality of it to give the -48ers an image of them as "real Alaskans", whatever that is.

I also found it odd that in the show where they were clubbing the halibut hoping to stir up some controversy with PETA types et al, Bristol didn't appear to know what halibut cheeks are. Can't imagine an Alaskan kid not knowing that.

Old 12-06-2010, 05:48 PM

2,758 posts, read 5,286,577 times
If you act like a big Alaskan outdoorsperson and you can't fillet a fish or hunt your way out of a paper bag (just saw a clip where she took 6 shots to down a caribou) you're a fake. Nobody in any state who knows anything about anything would take someone like that seriously. You don't even need to bring her family into it; she herself appears to be clueless about the very things she was claiming were so important to her.

Old 12-06-2010, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykat View Post
Just watched the episode where she went hunting and went on and on about how Alaskans hunt to fill their freezers.
She was hunting 600 miles north of her home.
What I was curious about is how many Alaskans actually do this?
Not the hunting I mean but the taking the flight north to camp, hopping another plane to get to where one can hunt?
Not many, really. That sort of thing is more typical of great white hunters from the -48.

The whole thing was contrived to appeal to her NRA loving base; she even tweeted ad nauseum about it before the show even aired.

Old 12-06-2010, 06:00 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,019,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykat View Post
What I was curious about is how many Alaskans actually do this?
Not the hunting I mean but the taking the flight north to camp, hopping another plane to get to where one can hunt?
The question is not necessarily how many do this, but how many Alaskans would actually do this with a full on manacure, mascara, lipstick, new designer sunglasses, etc...

Old 12-06-2010, 06:57 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,627,998 times
I wouldn't be surprised to find out she doesn't even have a hunting and fishing license. Or that its been years since she has had one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska