Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 06:32 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
I joined the forum in 2007. OMG you have friends/family who want you around too? For what its worth, my friends/family think we're crazy for living in AK. and keep hoping we'll come to our senses and come back. I do agree they are more important than geography.
In 2006 (the year that Palin ran for gov.) I was still living in AK full time/year round. Won't do it again though; love the winters in the interior but not so much in SE. Though I'll always have business interests there and property; there is no real need for me to be there during the winter months.

Happy New Year, Pat Mine has started out great...I wish the same for everyone else.

Old 01-01-2011, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
Same thing goes...if you want to join those who are lining up behind her to kiss her a**, fine and dandy, go right ahead and pucker...

But don't take the unnecessary step of 'correcting' my post like some pimple-faced hacker, living in his parents' basement chugging Mountain Dew...

Because I said what I said, and furthermore, I meant exactly what I said...and all your 'correcting' and post-adolescent snarkiness will not deter me from expressing myself, on this or any other subject I see fit to comment on...

You don't like what I said? Tough...learn to deal, because your sitting somewhere in front of a PC with your lip curled in a sneer, because I'm not fawning over that sad excuse for a woman, means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things...

Pick your battles a little more carefully, and don't mess with somebody who'll actually 'fight back' when you try your little internet bully routine
Can't give you any more rep just now but I wanted to thank you for your posts.

One of the things I used to really value about Alaska....and it still somewhat exists, though you might not get that from this forum...is that Alaskans tend not to get directly into each other's faces in real life when it comes to differences in political or any other type of ideology.

Both Glitch and Stiff resemble the -48ers that they pretend to despise in that respect. They are both men who are so insecure in their own beliefs that they attack anyone else who differs even slightly.

Alaska is still the land of the individual, despite people such as them who have moved up in recent years and have expected it to be a cookie cutter society.

Old 01-01-2011, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
I corrected that for ya! You're hating on the wrong person.
Stiff, editing someone else's posts is flat out bad form. Must you be so childish? Silly question, I know; you can't seem to function any other way.

Old 01-01-2011, 06:59 PM

1,788 posts, read 2,480,622 times
LolSnaps | Funny Pictures and Funny Videos | Internet You vs Real You

Old 01-01-2011, 07:43 PM

288 posts, read 349,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I would not be criticizing others for not living in the state when you are not an Alaskan citizen yourself, just another pretender. Can you say "hypocrite?" I knew you could.

Your irrational hatred of Sarah is stereotypical of uninformed lower-48 liberals. Since you were not living in Alaska when she was elected and served as Governor, you obviously have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.

Dang, it's gonna be hard to beat this as post of the year. You've set the bar pretty high. Rep incoming.

Regards,
TB

Old 01-01-2011, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra Boy View Post
Dang, it's gonna be hard to beat this as post of the year. You've set the bar pretty high. Rep incoming.

Regards,
TB
Figures that you would consider a post that contained absolute lies as the "post of the year"; comprehension doesn't seem to be your strong suit either. It explains why you're such a sucker for tea party rhetoric though.

Old 01-01-2011, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Figures that you would consider a post that contained absolute lies as the "post of the year"; comprehension doesn't seem to be your strong suit either. It explains why you're such a sucker for tea party rhetoric though.

Lol, You're right. I couldn't quite comprehend what you were saying. Met her parents..Oregon '08...more blah blah...campaign signs...blah blah..drivers lisence (sic). Maybe there was a rebuttal to Glitch in there somewhere, but I just couldn't cut through the junk and find it. I could comprehend that Glitch outed you though. And it humored me. Cheers.

TB

Old 01-01-2011, 09:08 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,880,776 times
Glitch "outed" someone and, with your intimate knowledge of City Data posters and their lives you believe the post? Wow, are you doing some stalking?

Old 01-01-2011, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
Glitch "outed" someone and, with your intimate knowledge of City Data posters and their lives you believe the post? Wow, are you doing some stalking?

I said it humored me. Now your obtuseness has humored me also. Cheers to you.

TB

Old 01-01-2011, 10:17 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,680,469 times
Lightbulb My My My...Folks Are Just Lining Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra Boy View Post
Lol, You're right. I couldn't quite comprehend what you were saying. Met her parents..Oregon '08...more blah blah...campaign signs...blah blah..drivers lisence (sic). Maybe there was a rebuttal to Glitch in there somewhere, but I just couldn't cut through the junk and find it. I could comprehend that Glitch outed you though. And it humored me. Cheers.

TB
You wanna talk about blah blah---try that bilgewater about somebody 'outing' Met...

Like a lot of others here, Met gets tired of getting called every punk-a** name in the book (y'know---commie, liberal, kool-aid drinker, all that kindergarten kinda stuff) because she dares to have an opinion that's one iota to the left of others here who shall remain nameless...and if she DIDN'T 'rebut Glitch', I say this---whoop-de-damn-do

People come here to post opinions and exchange ideas...NOT to be called a bunch of names because they don't happen to like certain politicians that YOU apparently have a big woody for...so, take the advice of someone who has a rather thick hide, and can't/won't be affected by your cute widdle insults---quit while you're ahead...

Some folk here don't get one important, overriding principle---you can dig up 2-dollar words like 'obtuseness' and use them in a sentence 'til you're blue in the face, but if the person you're attempting to be snarky with doesn't give a rabid raccoon's a** about you, makes that kinda pointless, now doesn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska