Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 10:19 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,846,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
It's her show. Isn't it? How can you separate the two (Alaska/Palin)?
It is her show, you are right! I think that the problem is with the -48, separating the sensationalism between Palin and Alaska, because she was gov and still gov when running for VP, then you add the rest that happened afterward....We moved to AZ and now she seems to be friends with our new gov Jan Brewer...she spends a lot of time down here....I think they should do a new show together huh? Now how can I separate the AK and Palin, not hard at all. I didn't move to Palin's Alaska, I moved to Alaska...she just happened to be there when I got there. Do you think she would ever be voted in as governor again? Oh, and off topic...how is that gorgeous dog of yours and wifey doing?

Last edited by Grannysroost; 11-16-2010 at 10:36 PM..

Old 11-16-2010, 10:30 PM

1,110 posts, read 2,240,056 times
sarah is delusional at best. they named twitter after her, fairly sure.

family values? really?

the palins don't have the family values of the old days...

knocked up daughter on a cable tv show? really? those are RW family values?

Old 11-16-2010, 10:58 PM

1,923 posts, read 4,714,615 times
did not watch it, wont watch it.

Old 11-16-2010, 11:04 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,167,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
It is her show, you are right! I think that the problem is with the -48, separating the sensationalism between Palin and Alaska, because she was gov and still gov when running for VP, then you add the rest that happened afterward....We moved to AZ and now she seems to be friends with our new gov Jan Brewer...she spends a lot of time down here....I think they should do a new show together huh? Now how can I separate the AK and Palin, not hard at all. I didn't move to Palin's Alaska, I moved to Alaska...she just happened to be there when I got there. Do you think she would ever be voted in as governor again? Oh, and off topic...how is that gorgeous dog of yours and wifey doing?
Well, I didn't watch her show, not because I dislike her Just because I am not into watching TV shows and such, except for a couple of TV series ("24" when FOX had it, and now Fringe). But the Survival shows, Lost, Leno, the tall and ugly guy from NY, and so forth I never watch.

I don't know if she would ever be governor again, but while the left hates her, the right loves her, and there are a lots of "them folks" up here.

Here is one for you (took it a couple of days ago). I had to bribe her with a snack called "Chummy," and I snapped the picture just before she jumped-up and grabbed it from my hand

Old 11-16-2010, 11:42 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,119,402 times
Wants a black lab!

Old 11-17-2010, 12:04 AM

1,981 posts, read 3,846,192 times
This has actually turned into a great thread, and I have learned a thing or two about Sarah Palin and the opinions of her that Alaskans have. Hell, to read this forum, you would think that everyone in Alaska hates her, yet I now find out that this is far from the truth. See, what's odd is I never meet people who like Palin. Maybe it's the fact that I'm in my 20's, and a lot of people my age tend to dislike her, but it's kinda weird that a whole demographic would dislike her like that in the first place.

I really can't make up my mind on Palin. She bugs me with her cliche phrases and seemingly phony persona, but at the same time, I don't know much about her and what she's all about. Is she a politician or what? What is her job description? Not being condescending here, I'm seriously curious. She seems to always be making appearances at these rallies and events, and you see her face on the news all the time, but she doesn't actually serve in public office. It's weird, because you don't see Bill O'Reilly standing behind other politicians at televised rallies. I cannot figure out what she is trying to do. Oh, and does she still live in Alaska? You sure wouldn't think so based on the amount of time she seems to spend in Washington, New York, etc. It must be pricey to fly to the lower 48 every couple days and then back to Wasilla. There's no way she spends much time in the Great White North anymore.

Old 11-17-2010, 12:09 AM

4,061 posts, read 9,882,564 times
She is working on creating and maintaining a "brand" which has no substance and says what she thinks you want to hear. Spouts off a lot of nonsense that triggers good feelings in those who don't know they are being manipulated.

Old 11-17-2010, 12:27 AM

1,981 posts, read 3,846,192 times
^ Well, I was kinda hoping for a more neutral response, but it's a start. I guess it is hard to talk about someone who is in politics without talking about their politics though, huh? Still, I'm really just trying to figure out what she does. I get the whole "brand" thing, but does she work for a politician, or what? How is she tied to politics in the first place? I mean, she was nominated for VP, and then she lost. I thought that was that, but she's everywhere these days. What is she trying to do?

Old 11-17-2010, 01:17 AM

313 posts, read 324,585 times
Sarah is like a momma grizzly running around the world protecting us like we are her baby cubs. She is like an eagle flying high above the rest of us and we can rest assured that when evil prevails she will swoop down and protect us.

Old 11-17-2010, 01:47 AM

1,753 posts, read 2,902,823 times
I'm a grown adult and don't need a mamma telling me what to do. I do not share the same "values" as her and do not want her "values" imposed on me. An eagle? Yea ok, sure wish I could come up with something even half way clever with this one lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska