U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 08:12 AM

6,278 posts, read 4,731,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo700 View Post
Liberals can be so ugly and mean when they have to follow the letter of the law. It would be so cool when after doing a proper hand count and following the Alaska state law and kicking out all the misspelled ballots and all the villiage ballots that were signed by the same person that Joe would be victorious. Yes this would indeed be cool.
Rright. I'm sure all the Alaska Natives appreciate your sentiment. But, heck they really don't count anyway... everyone knows that for sure. "Bernice!" "Yes Mr. Mongo?" take a memo. Remind me to check off the native population in the next census....you know the ones that cain't spell (village people), oh and while you're at it have Jethro fetch me a mint julep".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2010, 11:44 AM

5,706 posts, read 4,661,431 times
Joe Miller in small claims court

Joe Miller in small claims court - Shira Toeplitz - POLITICO.com

Joe isn't what you'd call a stand-up guy.

Old 11-24-2010, 12:52 PM

292 posts, read 130,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Rright. I'm sure all the Alaska Natives appreciate your sentiment. But, heck they really don't count anyway... everyone knows that for sure. "Bernice!" "Yes Mr. Mongo?" take a memo. Remind me to check off the native population in the next census....you know the ones that cain't spell (village people), oh and while you're at it have Jethro fetch me a mint julep".
So your saying 400 votes in the same hand writing doesnt sound like corruption to you. How about the Native Corporation giving a million dollars to Lisa's camp. Dont they receive federal funding. How about wrist bands and pens with Lisa's name on them in voting booths. Yeah i would say corruption. Maybe you think it is fine and dandy to buy votes. But remember this. YOU Cant Change Washington Until You Change The People You Send To Washington.

Old 11-24-2010, 01:05 PM

4,043 posts, read 5,171,729 times
Quote:
So your saying 400 votes in the same hand writing doesnt sound like corruption to you. How about the Native Corporation giving a million dollars to Lisa's camp. Dont they receive federal funding. How about wrist bands and pens with Lisa's name on them in voting booths. Yeah i would say corruption. Maybe you think it is fine and dandy to buy votes. But remember this. YOU Cant Change Washington Until You Change The People You Send To Washington.

What a lame campaign slogan that was. Sending one crackpot to DC won't spoil the whole barrel would it?

Old 11-24-2010, 01:51 PM

3,538 posts, read 4,352,003 times
Quote:
So your saying 400 votes in the same hand writing doesnt sound like corruption to you.
You are making things up. Miller has not shown any 400 votes with the same hand writing. He has claimed that some such ballots exist, but has not specified even a single ballot as evidence.
Quote:
How about the Native Corporation giving a million dollars to Lisa's camp. Dont they receive federal funding.
No, as a matter of fact they do not! Rather than filing for 8(A) status themselves, the "Native Corporations" in question each and every one had formed subsidiaries (which means the books are very separate) that filed for 8(A) status. That allows tracking the actual profits generated from Federal contracts as opposed to other profits, which in turn means that it can be (and is easily) shown that Federal funds were not used as campaign contributions.

Quote:
How about wrist bands and pens with Lisa's name on them in voting booths.
And what pray tell is wrong with that???
Quote:
Yeah i would say corruption.
Well so you would! But you appear to be totally clueless and without any concept of right or wrong. You don't know the law and have fabricated "evidence" that doesn't exist. In short, who cares what you would say!
Quote:
Maybe you think it is fine and dandy to buy votes. But remember this. YOU Cant Change Washington Until You Change The People You Send To Washington.
Lisa Murkowski has shown herself to be a very effective US Senator. I disagree significantly with a lot of her past voting record, but the same has always been true of Ted Stevens and Don Young. They got re-elected over the decades for very good reasons, and Murkowski appears to be headed for the same long term career.

Old 11-24-2010, 02:36 PM

3,111 posts, read 1,678,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
And frankly, even WITH a recount, Miller has about as much chance of winning as, say, a pig does of learning to dance the macarena...

When will people get it through their heads, that every unbowed knee or unpuckered pair of lips not forming themselves to worship Miller and his ilk
does not automatically equal a liberal?

It's really getting annoying...even though everyone knows that Miller is so low, he could walk under a snake's belly wearing a stovepipe hat and still have 2 feet of clearance, just the mere act of someone saying this will bring howls of 'Commie!' and 'Liberal!' from every quarter...

Bottom line---people are going to say what they think, about this issue or any other, and calling names and having hissy-fits isn't going to deter them...it's called freedom of speech, and it doesn't just apply to Mr Miller's fan-base, it's for everyone
Ya know, sometimes the internets disappoint me; I went looking for pics or video of a pig dancing the macarena, certain that someone, somewhere, had done that, and found nothing. Son, I am disappoint.

Old 11-24-2010, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Ya know, sometimes the internets disappoint me; I went looking for pics or video of a pig dancing the macarena, certain that someone, somewhere, had done that, and found nothing. Son, I am disappoint.

Just for you....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POpdxoSS-HI

Old 11-24-2010, 02:53 PM

292 posts, read 130,754 times
Floyd,
You can twist this anyway you want, it is still corrupt. Lisa put thirty five pages of litigation in the heath care bill exempting Alaska natives from Obama care. The Native Corporation can bid on any Alaska contract and they automatically get it. They dont have to be the low bidder and they dont even have to do the work they just farm it out to someone else. I am pretty sure the Joe Miller scared the hell out of them when he said all Alaskan's would be the same when he goes to Washington. The corruption runs deep my friend and Lisa is up to her waist in it.

Old 11-24-2010, 02:57 PM

Turbo, perhaps you'd be happier in a different state, one that treats its native population like dirt. Arizona maybe?

Old 11-24-2010, 02:58 PM

15,940 posts, read 15,500,663 times
Turbo, are you at all aware that even had Joe Miller won the election, that he would have no power whatsoever to change anything at all in the Native Claims Act?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska