Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 01:34 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,640,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
Dray I'm thinking that your job skills might land you a job faster than your missus. Met could probably give her some insight as to fine restaurants & how the hiring process works regarding them.

Good call on Boston. Although if you drive a lot in the NE the drivers in Alaska aren't any worse...
So what exactly does your girl do?

Quote:
She's currently working in the operations part of a major fine dining restaurant group,
does she work directly with food and beverage is her job more administrative?

Her art background could possibly serve her well in Anchorage; the gallery situation is pretty healthy there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2010, 08:26 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,063,679 times
I have no idea how I ended up on the Alaska forum but here I am.
I haven't been to Alaska for 30 years so I know jack. Same thing for SC! However I can assure you that SC is the worst possible option for you. When you marry a woman, you are also marrying her family. You may like them all very much; If you want to keep it that way, keep a bit of distance between you and them.

Old 12-06-2010, 09:01 AM

177 posts, read 530,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
I have no idea how I ended up on the Alaska forum but here I am.
I haven't been to Alaska for 30 years so I know jack. Same thing for SC! However I can assure you that SC is the worst possible option for you. When you marry a woman, you are also marrying her family. You may like them all very much; If you want to keep it that way, keep a bit of distance between you and them.
There will be plenty of distance as long as we don't move to SC. I'm ok with being far away from them

Old 12-07-2010, 06:34 PM

1 posts, read 944 times
[url=http://www.jobs.alaska.gov/]Alaska Job Center Network[/url]
try this state website for job hunting - in Anchorage you could probably get a state job (look on workplace alaska - find at link above) in juvenile justice, social services or mental health with your degree backgrounds. For wife possibly:
Job Title: Marketing Manager
Category: Sales/Marketing
Application Deadline: 12/20/10
Job Description: Join us – the Alaska Travel Industry Association is now recruiting a professional & creative team player to fulfill the new role of ATIA Marketing Manager. This position will manage the planning and implementation of all travel trade marketing efforts and cooperative partnerships including join programs with the Yukon Territory, British Columbia and Alberta (business travel may be required).
This full-time, Anchorage-based position offers competitive compensation, a professional work environment and benefits. For details please review the comprehensive job description attached.
Marketing Manager Job Description

The Alaska Travel Industry Association is a non-profit, member-based, visitor industry trade association that conducts marketing on behalf of the State of Alaska and represents the tourism industry in the policy arena. ATIA’s membership is comprised of more than 1,100 large and small tourism, hospitality and travel-related businesses throughout the Alaska including tour operators, hotels, cruise lines, airlines, excursions, attractions and more. For more information about ATIA, visit [url=http://www.AlaskaTIA.org]ATIA[/url].

Applicants should send a cover letter and resume with references no later than December 20, 2010 to [email]cfullerton@AlaskaTIA.org[/email] or fax 907-561-5727 Attn HR Director.

Salary: DOE + Benefits
ATIA is an equal opportunity employer.
More Information: Web site: [url=http://www.alaskatia.org]ATIA[/url]
Email: [email]cfullerton@alaskatia.org[/email]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
View detailed profiles of: