U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 03:30 PM

338 posts, read 1,200,766 times

Advertisements

First, my apologies to those reading this thread re: my longer post to Met showing up on the board, but I had thought when I had sent it DM, that DM was private. One of the main purposes I had sent it DM was so that it would not take up space on the thread.

(And now I also see that my DM to Rance is on the thread which did not show up on my end previously.) What's the point of DM if the system posts DM on the board?

I have seen ppl referencing PM, but I have not yet found a way to PM from my end - only DM, and had searched the site: forum, FAQ, and other places to see if there was a difference. Are they the same or different?

(Here is an opportunity for you to share your techical "expert"-ise!)

I did not realize my DM to Met had gone on the thread until I was just now attempting to reply back. So again, my apologies.

Also..., bc it did, my apologies to you, Met, re: the publicity of my six-point entry re: your answering on Rance's behalf. Not that I mind others knowing I sent it - that doesn't bother me, and I would still stand on what I wrote. But I did not and would not have intended to publicly challenge you (unless I believed it was absolutely necessary), and I want you to know that. But in this case, I did not.

Rance's statement, in and of itself, was not what I was addressing by the six points. The six points did not apply to his statement but to your having stated that what he said was "totally true."

IMO, Rance's statement was neither true nor false but a simple statement on "making a call" about "real Alaska". If you meant that you agreed with his statement, that would have been clearer, but that would not have made Rance's statement "totally true."

An example of something "totally true" within the context of his statement would have been the portion where he stated, "SE is a part of AK...". That is certainly true. Perhaps when you made your statement, you were not referring to the "whole" of his statement but to one of it's "parts" (borrowed words - thank you, Rance), but if so, that is not what you had said.

I would not make such a point about these things, but there have been several responses to a couple of my posts where ppl have taken what I have posted out of context and/or made comments which, IMO, were either inappropriate, disrespectful, and/or ... surprising (?).

In efforts to alleviate the continuance of such posts, I felt it was time for me to bring forward to your direct attention (bc I *do* see you as an intelligent and caring woman capable to handle such communication), a reminder, before posting statements, to give a bit more attention to what is intended v. what you/one actually states. It is an easy thing to miss... esp. when there are such passionate, independent thinkers such as on these AK threads!

Hope this helps. And I'll be looking forward to getting some assistance on the DM/PM thing.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2008, 04:01 PM

20,780 posts, read 26,902,954 times
I got your DM. Please don't send me any more, as I can assure you they won't be responded to. I don't have either the time or the inclination to give you the attention that you want. That is all.

Old 03-05-2008, 04:49 PM

338 posts, read 1,200,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I got your DM. Please don't send me any more, as I can assure you they won't be responded to. I don't have either the time or the inclination to give you the attention that you want. That is all.
A simple "Thank you" and/or "No worries" would have been more than sufficient. That's alright. That settles that. I can assure you, I certainly was not and am not looking for your "attention" and didn't really appreciate the kind of "attention" you were providing - misquoting me out of context and disrespectfully posting me profanity.

My multiple attempts to respectfully respond to such postings would have saved me much time. Rest assured, I will not be wasting time attempting to communicate with you again. Furthermore, besides not contacting me, I would also appreciate your not responding to or referencing any of my posts, including this one, now or in the future.

Best of luck to you in life, regardless.

Old 03-05-2008, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Rest assured, I will not be wasting time attempting to communicate with you again.
Sweet............................................. ....

Old 03-05-2008, 05:08 PM

Oh and by the way, you can stop telling me what to post or what not to. It's rather amusing but really not your place.

As far as not contacting you, the fact that I didn't even respond to your dm should give you an indication of the likelihood of that.

Old 03-05-2008, 05:43 PM

5,324 posts, read 10,659,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustT&Me View Post
I can assure you, I certainly was not and am not looking for your "attention" and didn't really appreciate the kind of "attention" you were providing - misquoting me out of context and disrespectfully posting me profanity.
How can anyone "misquote you out of context" when no one understands WTF you're saying with all your vague answers and ridiculously LENGTHY and SUPERFICIAL posts and explanations, nowhere and everywhere, know-it-all rubbish!! Hmmmm. Seems to me like that's exactly what you're doing: looking for attention.

Take the hint, stop miffing people off, and get a life already!!!

Old 03-05-2008, 06:22 PM

Speaking of mis-quoting:

Quote:
The six points did not apply to his statement but to your having stated that what he said was "totally true."
You know, I was going to leave this alone, but enough is enough.

You asked me in your DM why my postings to you seem negative.

It seems that quite a few people are posting in a negative way towards you.

You need to ask yourself why that is instead of trying to blame others.

And I admit to wondering why you are posting quite frequently that you are moving back to Alaska yet you have no money to do so. That seems to be a recurring theme that poses questions as to what you might be fishing for.

Please don't show up in Ketchikan in the middle of winter with no money and no job. It wouldn't be fair to either the city of Ketchikan or to your dog.

Old 03-05-2008, 07:22 PM

2,628 posts, read 6,058,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustT&Me View Post
*IOTO, whether it's *true* or not (meaning, not true)!

*The first 'O' noting the 3rd-person pronoun; the 'T' noting tripped.

Old 03-05-2008, 07:23 PM

11,836 posts, read 25,127,974 times
No clue here either...

Old 03-05-2008, 07:28 PM

2,628 posts, read 6,058,133 times
How's the weather treating you, Barkingowl?

Feels almost like spring here...
Oh, I picked up some of those bloody oranges at freddies today. Can't wait to try them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or