U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 11:16 AM

3,538 posts, read 4,368,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaska Deb View Post
Welp, yeah, right on Met. Don't ya know that we all live within 50 feet of Wal-mart in our camper-trailers, and eschew all that is good and of nature? Yeppers, you betcha. Gotta go spit out my chew now, get my breakfast of Monster and Corn sugar bits, and roll of to the mud wrestling Christmas extravaganza. Meh.

If you can hear this from your throne, hope you have a great Christmas.

We here in Wasilla will do the same.
What is the matter with you (and Pat too)???

You must really believe that people in Wasilla are the bottom of the barrel or something. Met commented about the speech accents. Did you catch that? Are you denying that in Wasilla one might hear a bit of drawl more often than not? I have no idea why that triggers all the things you've brought up, but it does suggest a lot more about what you think of Wasilla residents than it does anything about what Met thinks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2010, 11:16 AM

5,964 posts, read 7,016,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd_Davidson View Post
In Wasilla, you are in the deep south!As far as Western Alaska, today if I hear about two words spoken by someone from the Kuskokwim I know that's where the are from. The same goes for the North Slope, and I'm not sure if I can distinguish someone from the Interior or from North Western Alaska or not.

But when I lived on the Kuskokwim it was also true that if someone uttered more than about 20 words I could tell which village they were from (with exceptions like Upper and Lower Kalskag, Aniak and Chuathbaluk, or Kwigillingok and Kongiganak. Those places are all the same people.

On the other hand, I know people who can tell which side of Kwigillingok a person grew up in from their accent! And they can separate different Yup'ik villages not just by accent but by word meanings too.
I know I'll be sorry I asked but how do you figure that??

Old 12-25-2010, 11:19 AM

15,964 posts, read 15,572,166 times
By the way, I don't know what y'all are getting in such a tizzy about. Wasilla had a lot of oil workers living there at one time and many of them were southern gentlemen.

Old 12-25-2010, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd_Davidson View Post
What is the matter with you (and Pat too)???

You must really believe that people in Wasilla are the bottom of the barrel or something. Met commented about the speech accents. Did you catch that? Are you denying that in Wasilla one might hear a bit of drawl more often than not? I have no idea why that triggers all the things you've brought up, but it does suggest a lot more about what you think of Wasilla residents than it does anything about what Met thinks.
No it is amusing how she loves to bash Wasilla. BTW nothing the matter with me. I like Wasilla. There is no more a drawl then elsewhere. How often do you travel to Wasilla?

Old 12-25-2010, 11:22 AM

Pat, haven't you ever had a man with a southern drawl whisper sweet things in your ear?

Maybe if you had you wouldn't be such an ol' sourpuss.

Aren't you missing Nascar or something?

Old 12-25-2010, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Pat, haven't you ever had a man with a southern drawl whisper sweet things in your ear?

Maybe if you had you wouldn't be such an ol' sourpuss.

Aren't you missing Nascar or something?
Met, I am married so none of this with a southern man whispering in my ear. You on the other hand could benefit from it...then maybe you could quit flying so much just to get groped by TSA..it happens when you get old, don't feel bad that they're the only ones who will grope ya . I have never bothered with nascar, but I'm sure the folks in Oregon do.

Old 12-25-2010, 11:34 AM

Sorry about your husband being such a mean old thing, Pat....must be catching. Maybe you should try not spending all day in hair rollers and a tatty old bathrobe.

FYI I haven't flown since TSA started ignoring and violating the 4th amendment

Old 12-25-2010, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
No it is amusing how she loves to bash Wasilla. BTW nothing the matter with me. I like Wasilla. There is no more a drawl then elsewhere. How often do you travel to Wasilla?
But she didn't bash Wasilla. And you and Deb did. Hmmmm...

Old 12-25-2010, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
Met, I am married so none of this with a southern man whispering in my ear. You on the other hand could benefit from it...then maybe you could quit flying so much just to get groped by TSA..it happens when you get old, don't feel bad that they're the only ones who will grope ya . I have never bothered with nascar, but I'm sure the folks in Oregon do.
Are you trying to compete with Stiffy for posting the most trashy articles?

Old 12-25-2010, 11:40 AM

1,100 posts, read 1,151,229 times
"mud wrestling Christmas extravaganza"

There's a mud wrestling Christmas extravaganza???? Wow. We were prepared to watch old movies today but that sounds mighty tempting.....

Happy Christmas all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska