Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2011, 03:22 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,129,609 times

Advertisements

Go Eagles!

Old 01-09-2011, 03:24 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by think first View Post
Yep, saw that. He supposedly asked her a question and didn't like the answer. Again, I believe it was personal.

He went to that event with the intent to not only kill her, but anyone who was there. He came prepared.

What other influences were involved I don't know. But, I don't mind one bit that Sarah is taking some of the heat for this -- deserved or not. She's a very vindictive woman who's done more than her fair share of fueling the political flames.
I agree that the rhetoric needs to be toned down and that Palin tends to incite--been her forte for years. But again...this thing this kid developed for Gifford seems to have it's roots in a time before Palin was even on the national scene.

Old 01-09-2011, 03:25 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,862,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
Or she knew it would be discovered that she actually had some kinda contact with the lunatic shooter..

Palin is really nothing but a low-life piece-of-crap.

Disturbing Signs About the Gunman - Newsweek
Methinks you give her too much credit!!!

Old 01-09-2011, 03:27 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,174,412 times
Sarah Palin can't be blamed for a sick boy/man shooting and killing people, but she can be blamed for "fireing up" those with mental illnesses with her speeches during the campaign. She got people so riled up that even her running mate, McCain, was frightened at one of his town hall speeches. He was unable to get the crowd under control and was visibly upset. She has never used positive meassures to get her messages across. She, instead, always uses negative thoughts and "fighting" words and pictures. Sarah Palin is a terrible person to consider for public office and should be prevented from continuing on this path. Her intellect does not allow her to use anything but "fighting" and "bullets" to get her point across.
If she has any compassion at all, she will back away from the public world and disappear into Alaska and live off the land as she says she believes is right. She is pathetic and I believe more and more of the public is able now to see that.

Old 01-09-2011, 03:30 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,022,145 times
This is wholly innappropriate on many levels. When I was a kid, I used to shoot at pictures of my "enemies" with my BB Gun. Last I checked, I hadn't whacked anybody at a political rally. But the point is, these were actions of a child lacking the judgement of an adult.

If I were running for political office today, I would never have my name associated with such a childish and immature stunt. I wouldn't have my supporters marching in downtown Eagle River with AR-15's either.

This type of behavior can also be taken into a legal context as well. I'm not sure of the exact details, but I seem to remember a rather high profile stalking case recently where the plantiff was able to win a restraining order against a neighbor. One of the pieces of evidence presentd was that the guy would set up target practice with the pictures of the plantiff. And try to hold a public event where people are taking shots at likenesses of the President, and the Secret Service will be on you like stink on sh.....

In short, this political rally demonstrates a significant lack of maturity and judgement on the part of the candidate. However, it is not necessarily an incitement to violence, no more than few images of crosshairs and using colloquial language such as "we're going to get you" on a website.

Old 01-09-2011, 03:31 PM

941 posts, read 1,792,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Your nuts. Timothy McVeigh killed over 100 people in OKC and he didn't use a single bullet. How many people were killed on 9-11??? Again, not a single bullet fired.
Stiff I've seen many attempts to deflect a topic but this is the worst case of comparing apples to oranges I think I've ever seen. Both of the events you mention were against the law; one was assembling a bomb and setting it off and the other was hijacking neither of which enters into a gun control discussion. At times you post some lucid things and at other times they are ludicrous. Both words start with L but have totally different meanings. Buying a gun by a mental midget is a topic you might understand if you stopped and read the various posts.

Old 01-09-2011, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoBlue View Post
Sarah Palin can't be blamed for a sick boy/man shooting and killing people, but she can be blamed for "fireing up" those with mental illnesses with her speeches during the campaign. She got people so riled up that even her running mate, McCain, was frightened at one of his town hall speeches. He was unable to get the crowd under control and was visibly upset. She has never used positive meassures to get her messages across. She, instead, always uses negative thoughts and "fighting" words and pictures. Sarah Palin is a terrible person to consider for public office and should be prevented from continuing on this path. Her intellect does not allow her to use anything but "fighting" and "bullets" to get her point across.
If she has any compassion at all, she will back away from the public world and disappear into Alaska and live off the land as she says she believes is right. She is pathetic and I believe more and more of the public is able now to see that.
Oh, we know that. I don't disagree with anything you've said here.

My argument is with those who say that she's going to be sued or whatever for this, or should be arrested.

It seems that they are no better than her....not caring about the truth, just wanting to jump on some witch hunting bandwagon, and resorting to petulant behavior when someone disagrees with them.

Well, AADAD, it seems I may have been right. While you've been braying all day long about how the former gov. is going to be the "fall girl" for this, and devolving into smarmy personal attacks against those who don't agree with you, the FBI has been uncovering real evidence that shows that the kid's fixation with the Congresswoman predates Palin by about one year.

Now scat.

Old 01-09-2011, 03:34 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,022,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoBlue View Post
Sarah Palin can't be blamed for a sick boy/man shooting and killing people, but she can be blamed for "fireing up" those with mental illnesses with her speeches during the campaign.
No, you are wrong. Sarah Palin may be an idiot, but her intent is not to "fire up" mental patients to commit violence. Therefore, she cannot be "blamed" for anything.

Old 01-09-2011, 03:37 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,269,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
No, you are wrong. Sarah Palin may be an idiot, but her intent is not to "fire up" mental patients to commit violence. Therefore, she cannot be "blamed" for anything.
Words have consequences, and Palin has been inciting people for a while now. She is a scumbag, one who wields power (over her limited wingnut base) without owning any responsibility. This says it best -

Palin and the surveyors’ cross-hairs « The Reality-Based Community

Old 01-09-2011, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
Maybe not. But because we do have such a problem in this country now with shootings...of course it wasn't her intent to rile up the unstable, but I don't believe that the possibility never crossed her mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska