Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2011, 10:25 PM

20,243 posts, read 36,884,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicBear View Post
If I just "tweet" something, does that automatically make it true? I read that first link, and it's an unsubstantiated tweet from an unidentified individual regarding the suspects behavior more than three years ago. Is that what passes for fact these days? Scary.
She was on a TV interview today, and said the same things. I don't think that a sane person would make something like that up, but i will leave that one to her and the news media

Old 01-10-2011, 10:36 PM

26,476 posts, read 36,301,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicBear View Post
If I just "tweet" something, does that automatically make it true? I read that first link, and it's an unsubstantiated tweet from an unidentified individual regarding the suspects behavior more than three years ago. Is that what passes for fact these days? Scary.
By the same token...there have been no tweets, twitters, facebook or otherwise rants which have in any way connected Palin or the Tea Party with this shooting.

What does however, pass for fact is FBI findings that this guy had Giffords in his sights as far back as 2007.

It's there in writing.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:53 PM

6,424 posts, read 13,160,069 times
Hmm, look at these eyes. See any similarities?
At my fist look of Loughner I saw Manson.

Loughner

Manson

Old 01-10-2011, 11:19 PM

20,830 posts, read 16,961,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
And the last time I checked, Alaskans didn't need to refer to the "most recommended" posts on the NY Times to tell them what to think.
always a denial of reality. cute.

Old 01-10-2011, 11:29 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,786,598 times
Is there a possibility that the FBI gave this guy a gun & told him to express himself? I'm just wondering based on them giving bombs to other unstable individuals.

A poster made a comment about Alaskans being rude as evidenced by the posts made in this thread. I take exception to that. Alaskans as a whole are some of the friendliest & nicest people I have come across. Even this thread with its microcosm of Alaskans in it is on the whole a very genial thread. I have been impressed by some folks who have posted here & have given out reps to them.

I'll check back around page 20 & see what's up.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
I don't glean my so called reality from the opinions of strangers on the internet.

However, you can find an alternate reality on sites other than the New York Times.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezengirl View Post
Forcing their world view on my schools, womb, totally ignoring history and FACTUAL data...then topping it off by flat out lying on a daily basis in the greatest propaganda machine via media resources this country has ever experienced. Then for a little icing on the cake, habitually name calling ect of any one who dares to ask "what ever happened to the real GOP, the Grand Old Party?"
My intent here is not to start an argument, particularly not with you, who I value as a friend. But I do want to point out a different...albeit subjective...viewpoint concerning the public schools.

The liberal agenda in the public schools made it impossible for me to allow my son to continue to be subjected to them.

When he started first grade, I took it for granted that he'd be catching the schoolbus on the corner. When I called the school to ask about pickup and drop-off times, I was told that unless he was bi lingual, he couldn't ride that bus. I asked if there was another bus and was told no. The school was about a mile away...through urban streets, 3 traffic lights, and he was six years old.

Of course I rearranged my work schedule so that I could drive him, but it took about a week to do so, and not all parents have that option. It was a bit tough to explain to him why the kids across the street could catch the bus while he had to walk in the rain.

He grew up speaking Italian as well as English, but they didn't consider anything but Spanish to be "bi lingual".

Fast forward....

a little book called the "War On Boys" (any parent of a boy needs to read this and take it to heart) really opened my eyes about the public school system and the way our sons were treated by them at that time.

There is more to it, but I thank God that we were able to afford private school.

My point is that the very worst of liberalism has oozed into the public school system.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:55 AM

4,061 posts, read 9,837,687 times
Seems like many of the schools in Salem, Oregon cater to Mexican kids more than English-speaking kids, for example the libraries have signs over them in only Spanish. I don't know much about politics or how that ties into liberalism.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:56 AM

1,255 posts, read 2,249,014 times
The loons on Fox News have now gone off the deep end. You should have seen O'Reilly frothing at the mouth today. Tells you a lot about the bogus 'both sides are equally culpable' rubbish.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Nothing but the typical ad homimen attacks by the resident dry drunk when he can't come up with a coherent defense to his sub literate rantings.

I'll freely confess to denying your particular "reality", AADAD, and even to understanding why you must continually attack mine (because you have nothing else).

It's clear that you're nothing but a brain dead rabid liberal who can't see a solution beyond anything that doesn't involve yet another devolution of our Constitutional rights.

For those of you who possess some remaining functioning brain cells, it's like this:

The best case scenario here is that this incident promotes a constructive public dialogue that serves to at least partially bridge the divide that is the most clear and present threat to this this country at this time. Some of this has been evidenced by this thread, so perhaps there is hope.

The worst case scenario is that we devolve into even more of a police state via the type of Constitutional erosions that the likes of AADAD would like to inflict on us.

We're at a crossroads, America. We can either lie down like fools and throw the pages of the late great United States Constitution to the wind like dollar bills at an enticing stipper or we can unite as human beings and stop this petty fighting with our friends and neighbors because...

the greatest threat isn't Sarah Palin. It isn't the Muslims. It isn't Mr. Barack Obama.

It's ourselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska