Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2011, 10:25 AM

4,803 posts, read 10,172,180 times

Advertisements

Sarah's an amateur and it's too bad she won't even be considered for the 2012 race. (What a wonderful gift to the Democrats her candidacy would have been.) Scrubbing her offensive map, facebooking and tweeting responses, sending out inexperienced hack staff to represent her, and emailing Glenn Beck are pretty lame responses in the face of a tsunami of negative public opinion. Is all this due to her lack of experience, or lack of education...or both?

This is a perfect example of what a Palin White House would be like. Having everyone do everything for her, not overseeing their actions, not taking responsibility for her words or her actions, playing victim, blaming everyone else for anything that goes wrong. She's nothing but a talking head.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:28 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,098,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
You have made a lot of sense, Met. Hopefully others will pay attention.

Lunancy joins projection and makes sense. Amazing

Old 01-11-2011, 10:43 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,711,783 times
It's probable that you have some serious anger issues with women, AAdrunk. Lots of you passive aggressive liberal types do; perhaps you can find a 12 step for it.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:46 AM

5,706 posts, read 9,629,182 times
His family, his friends, and just about the entire town knew this kid was as fruity as a bag of Skittles. He needed help and didn't get it. It happens time and time again. Yet, he was able to walk into a store and buy a semi-automatic pistol.

Both political sides will go on whacking each other. Talking heads on radio and TV will continue selling hate because they make millions doing it, and because there's an audience that wants to hear it.

This tragedy will soon be forgotten and America will move on. We've learned to live with, and accept stuff like this. Most people have come to accept the fact that we're a nation of violence. Read any forum here and the number one question a person always asks when moving to another state/town, is tell me where the safest neighborhoods are.

Nothing much is going to change because of this. Well, except more people will go out and buy more guns. And one of those people is bound to be another Jared Lee Loughner.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:47 AM

6,994 posts, read 12,734,672 times
"These days we are constantly reminded of the unspeakable acts of violence and damage we can inflict upon one another, not just with our actions but also with irresponsible words. We are better than this. We must do better."
Astronaut Scott Kelly

Old 01-11-2011, 10:49 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,098,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
It's probable that you have some serious anger issues with women, AAdrunk. Lots of you passive aggressive liberal types do; perhaps you can find a 12 step for it.

If you recall I am the one who continually sees the detrmental effects of alcohol and argues persuasively against it's use. Not that I elect to defend myself just to point out (once again) you are projecting. Not surprising but amusing nonetheless.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
If you recall I am the one who continually sees the detrmental effects of alcohol and argues persuasively against it's use. Not that I elect to defend myself just to point out (once again) you are projecting. Not surprising but amusing nonetheless.
You don't seem capable of arguing persuasively against anything, unless you want to consider your petulant flounces out of any discussion involving the responsible use of alcohol by adults to be persuasion. You probably would love to see our society devolve into a nanny state where everyone possessing or consuming alcohol would be "arrested".

Obviously you work in an ER and see the results of drunk driving all the time. Perhaps you are one who attended my niece about two years ago. She's dead now. She was in high school. There are few people more adamantly against drinking and driving then I am.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:06 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,688,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by think first View Post
Nothing much is going to change because of this. Well, except more people will go out and buy more guns. And one of those people is bound to be another Jared Lee Loughner.
They don't have to have firearms to do this. Your attacks on an inanimate object is misguided. Timothy McVeigh did not fire one single bullet to kill 168 people in Oklahoma City.

Timothy McVeigh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oklahoma City bombing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Timothy McVeigh Story: The Oklahoma Bomber — Bad Day Dawning — Crime Library on truTV.com

Timothy McVeigh: the Oklahoma City bomber - CNN

Old 01-11-2011, 11:07 AM

4,803 posts, read 10,172,180 times
The more I listen to her excuses regarding putting Gifford's district in the crossfires of a rifle the more she makes me sick. This is what pure ignorance leads to. Of course, you can't post anything negative on her page, she doesn't like that. How American!

Sarah Palin will be on tv crying crocodile tears and blaming the media for saying she has any responsibility in this... COUNT ON IT!!!!!

Old 01-11-2011, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Just to clarify to everyone - this did not happen (people shooting at targets of Gabby Giffords. It was an event, featuring target shooting, not at images of Giffords in any way, shape, or manner). He has been spamming the same incorrect message in every forum the last few days - moderators have been notified, not for his factual error, we can deal with liars in our own way, but for spamming.
Thanks. I've been wondering...I couldn't find anything to back up his story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska