Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 01:00 PM

26,476 posts, read 36,301,263 times

Advertisements

By the same token then, the creators and performers of the music the guy listened to should be arrested for inciting violence as well.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
If we lived in a country where men still had cahones that is exactly what they should do IMO. Putting a bullseye on a person and then they are shot. It's hard to fathom what part of that connection you don't get.
Oh, I "get" the connection. But at this point there is literally NO evidence that the guy even knew about Palin's little list or knew who was on it. One thing that's come to light so far concerning his personal politics is that he was a heavy supporter of John Kerry during the 2004 election. In other words, a liberal.

But I think that the guy was so messed up that he really didn't have any clear political ideology--he was associated with some very conflicting things.

Evidence does, however, exist that he listened to some pretty bizarre music, some of it even about shooting up a place in public with lyrics like "bodies falling on the floor".

Last edited by Metlakatla; 01-09-2011 at 01:15 PM..

Old 01-09-2011, 01:08 PM

3,539 posts, read 7,601,931 times
Quote:
Arrest Palin.
No, but lets arrest her ability to influence people in the sense of putting a stop to it. She should be ignored by most of us, and treated as something totally unacceptable and unstable by everyone who is in a position to influence others (the media, the government, etc.).

For people like you and I... our best bet is to laugh at people who take her seriously. Don't argue or debate, because that suggests she has some credibility.

Just laugh at them, and ridicule the mere idea that anyone is silly enough to take her or any of that Teabag crap serious.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:11 PM

5,963 posts, read 12,367,914 times
Quote:
Inciting violence.

“Angry speech has become the norm in American religion from both the right and the left. Words are spoken which, when taken seriously, lead directly to violence by the unhinged and/or the truly committed.”
And you can prove this is what set the deragned nut off???

Old 01-09-2011, 01:30 PM

20,830 posts, read 16,961,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Oh, I "get" the connection. But at this point there is literally NO evidence that the guy even knew about Palin's little list or knew who was on it. One thing that's come to light so far concerning his personal politics is that he was a heavy supporter of John Kerry during the 2004 election. In other words, a liberal.

But I think that the guy was so messed up that he really didn't have any clear political ideology--he was associated with some very conflicting things.

Evidence does, however, exist that he listened to some pretty bizarre music, some of it even about shooting up a place in public with lyrics like "bodies falling on the floor".
That is the story the news media got out there instead of going the other way and actually getting out in front of the story and calling people like Palin to account.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
And you can prove this is what set the deragned nut off???
That's pretty much it. There are no grounds to arrest Palin; there is no "reasonable suspicion" whatsoever, though I think that some of the posters here believe that her tacky little crosshairs list would fall into that category.

But legally, it simply does not.

The deranged nut has somewhat of an online presence; a few political issues are mentioned but Palin and the tea party don't seem to be among them.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:35 PM

38,707 posts, read 102,687,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Let's get something straight here. You aren't in the inane thread down in the political forum now; you're in Alaska.

Not everything is black and white here, not everything is this or that side. Alaska is the least partisan state in the Union.

We're tired of the Pavlovian responses to any mention of Palin is a less than favorable light. Not everyone who dislikes her is "on the other side" or a "lefty".

I don't blame Palin for this shooting but I do think she's a significant factor int he divisiveness that is killing this country right now.
Oh, sure -- Alaskans are just so much more non-partisan and "above the fray." I can tell just by reading through this thread, replete with at least one reply hoping Palin is targeted for assassination and another calling for her imprisonment. Just a level-headed bunch here I see.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:38 PM

20,830 posts, read 16,961,699 times
drover good to see you however Chicago has no say here in Alaska. Sorry.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:39 PM

Quote:
That is the story the news media got out there instead of going the other way and actually getting out in front of the story and calling people like Palin to account.
Again, there is literally no evidence that this guy even knew about "Sarah's list" or who may have been on it.

While I do think that those who practise this rhetoric should be called in it by their peers, I wouldn't want to see the 4th amendment eroded to the extent that a person can be arrested with no evidence.

Her crosshairs list does no legally qualify as evidence, sorry.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Oh, sure -- Alaskans are just so much more non-partisan and "above the fray." I can tell just by reading through this thread, replete with at least one reply hoping Palin is targeted for assassination and another calling for her imprisonment. Just a level-headed bunch here I see.
In real life, I think they really are. Alaska has a huge amount of voters who are registered as "Independents".

This forum isn't really reflective of the Alaska that I've known almost all my life.

My point again is that dislike or disillusionment with Palin in Alaska isn't the partisan issue that those in the political forum seem to think it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska