U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-12-2011, 04:45 PM

5,320 posts, read 6,972,077 times
Even Alan Dershowitz see nothing wrong with Palin's use of the term "blood libel"

» Exclusive: Alan Dershowitz Defends Sarah Palin’s Use of Term ‘Blood Libel’ - Big Government

Alan Dershowitz Defends Palin on ‘Blood Libel’ - By Daniel Foster - The Corner - National Review Online

The term “blood libel” has taken on a broad metaphorical meaning in public discourse. Although its historical origins were in theologically based false accusations against the Jews and the Jewish People,its current usage is far broader. I myself have used it to describe false accusations against the State of Israel by the Goldstone Report. There is nothing improper and certainly nothing anti-Semitic in Sarah Palin using the term to characterize what she reasonably believes are false accusations that her words or images may have caused a mentally disturbed individual to kill and maim. The fact that two of the victims are Jewish is utterly irrelevant to the propriety of using this widely used term.
Alan Dershowitz

Old 01-12-2011, 05:05 PM

1,253 posts, read 1,284,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
Even Alan Dershowitz see nothing wrong with Palin's use of the term "blood libel"
Who cares? Don't take the pea-brain of Palin too seriously. Besides, Palin didn't use it. She read the words written by someone else. When she saw "blood" in the sentence I'm sure she felt a little frisky and remembered the moose she shot from across her couch.

Old 01-12-2011, 05:17 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,421,931 times
The point is, is that Palin, knowing she is under scrutiny for everything she says, should research and be more careful of the words she uses.

Old 01-12-2011, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephler View Post
The point is, is that Palin, knowing she is under scrutiny for everything she says, should research and be more careful of the words she uses.
That would only apply to a person who has at least a shred of capacity for self-reflection. Palin has provided no evidence that she is one such person. But mind you, her lizard brain did figure out how to turn this into another schtick of her own victimhood.

Old 01-12-2011, 05:28 PM

6,320 posts, read 4,751,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephler View Post
you give her far to much credit. her only desire is to spew hate and to create fear akay?

Old 01-12-2011, 05:44 PM

4,043 posts, read 5,179,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post

» Exclusive: Alan Dershowitz Defends Sarah Palin’s Use of Term ‘Blood Libel’ - Big Government

Alan Dershowitz Defends Palin on ‘Blood Libel’ - By Daniel Foster - The Corner - National Review Online

The term “blood libel” has taken on a broad metaphorical meaning in public discourse. Although its historical origins were in theologically based false accusations against the Jews and the Jewish People,its current usage is far broader. I myself have used it to describe false accusations against the State of Israel by the Goldstone Report. There is nothing improper and certainly nothing anti-Semitic in Sarah Palin using the term to characterize what she reasonably believes are false accusations that her words or images may have caused a mentally disturbed individual to kill and maim. The fact that two of the victims are Jewish is utterly irrelevant to the propriety of using this widely used term.
Alan Dershowitz
It may be widely used but I have never heard this term before today.

Old 01-12-2011, 06:54 PM

2,490 posts, read 3,860,861 times
If you study European History and probably middle east history you will find it used. I guess it goes way back to pre-christian days in use by the greeeks but was used mostly by christians against jews in the middle ages. It is still used today by some muslim groups and likely some christian groups against jews.

Old 01-12-2011, 07:00 PM

4,988 posts, read 5,451,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
I live in Silicon Valley, a place that has no equal in human history for the ingenuity, innovation and ideas that have arisen from it!
And apparently no equal in swollen egos and hubris either. That dot.com bubble sure was a doosey huh?

I suppose you spend hours at night constructing elaborate Celestial Spheres depicting the entire Cosmos circling your tiny home in Silly-cone Valley.

Old 01-12-2011, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
And apparently no equal in swollen egos and hubris either. That dot.com bubble sure was a doosey huh?

I suppose you spend hours at night constructing elaborate Celestial Spheres depicting the entire Cosmos circling your tiny home in Silly-cone Valley.
Moose,

Silicon Valley is not dotcom. That is a relatively minor aspect to Silicon Valley. Why don't you research a bit about the topic. That way it will become much harder to look so foolish in a public forum.

Old 01-12-2011, 07:45 PM

5,320 posts, read 6,972,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post

Silicone Valley?? Is that where they invented silicone breast implants that jacked thousands of women up?

I've found the most innovative people in the world to be on the beach in Nome mining gold during the summertime. And then Barrow and Bethel would be tied for second place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska