U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 10:42 PM

941 posts, read 1,507,914 times

Advertisements

It is being talked about on CNN that the District in Arizona where Sarah Palin's gunsight was shown as a District that needed to be won for the Tea Party might be something that needs to be toned down. There is a sense that the connection with it and anger could be too close for comfort. Political Vitriol is being linked to this mass shooting by the local Sheriff. It is possible that people with a mental record shouldn't be allowed to have purchased a gun as seems to be the case here. How many similar attacks since Virginia Tech have we had? And why have they occurred?

Old 01-08-2011, 11:37 PM

21,812 posts, read 27,893,470 times
Sarah Palin's metaphor was meant to appeal to her "base". She and her handlers do that rather well.

She is not personally to blame for this but that in no way negates the fact that the Anti American undertones of violence prevelant in Tea Party rhetoric pose a possible threat to us all. And it doesnt speak well for the former gov. that she endorsed a candidate in Nevada who is most famous for suggesting 2nd Amendment rights as a solution to political/idealogical differences.

Doesn't matter; Sarah's done. And this thread will be done as well, when the usual supsect decides that it isn't a discussion that he feels should take place here, and therefore commences to post photochops of raccoons screwing dogs and other highly cerebral commentary.

The shooter was a whackaloon of the first order

Old 01-08-2011, 11:48 PM

12,276 posts, read 11,343,460 times
Palin has been and is a dangerous woman of the first order. destructive, chaotic intellect and venomous. Her influence is not lost on these types of mentally ill people. Is it really any surprise this has occurred with her and others "reload" mentality. The only thing that is more forefront is Palin's denial.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:01 AM

2,048 posts, read 3,194,414 times
Quote from Gabrielle Giffords after she was recently re-elected where ole Palin was pushing one of her tea party wing-nuts, Jesse Kelly....

Quote:
" Giffords expressed similar concern, even before the shooting. In an interview after her office was vandalized, she referred to the animosity against her by conservatives, including Sarah Palin's decision to list Giffords' seat as one of the top "targets" in the midterm elections.
"For example, we're on Sarah Palin's targeted list, but the thing is, that the way that she has it depicted has the crosshairs of a gun sight over our district. When people do that, they have to realize that there are consequences to that action," Giffords said in an interview with MSNBC."
Quote from our dirtbag ex-governor today...

Quote:
In the hours after the shooting, Palin issued a statement in which she expressed her "sincere condolences" to the family of Giffords and the other victims.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:09 AM

7,088 posts, read 13,058,473 times
In the hours after the shooting, Palin issued a statement in which she expressed her "sincere condolences" to the family of Giffords and the other victims.

I suppose I might be a bit overly skeptical, sounds a bit like crocodile tears to me. Why do I suspect that the only reason Palin would be sorry about anything would be if she were caught.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:42 AM

2,048 posts, read 3,194,414 times
Or she knew it would be discovered that she actually had some kinda contact with the lunatic shooter..

Palin is really nothing but a low-life piece-of-crap.

Disturbing Signs About the Gunman - Newsweek

Old 01-09-2011, 12:49 AM

4,811 posts, read 8,824,435 times
When we have politicians that tell people to "exercise their 2nd Amendment right and take out Harry Reid" and then stand on podiums and say "if you don't win at the polls, then re-load" why should we be surprised with the horrible events that happened in Arizona today? Many people are very sad today and a nine year old child has also died. What a sad commentary about our country and some of the idiots who get so passionate that they have to resort to violence. Heaven help us all.....

Old 01-09-2011, 12:50 AM

1,978 posts, read 3,207,313 times
OK, sure, Palin is nuts, and she's incredibly annoying, but she isn't "guilty" of anything. She didn't harm anyone. Again, I strongly dislike the woman and the fact that she routinely insults the intelligence of Americans with half a brain, but I don't think she has anything to hide. At least, not when it comes to this story. The suspect was a very young person, and from the pictures, he certainly didn't look like your Tea Party type. I could be wrong on that one, since there is surely some sort of motive for this, but I don't believe it was in any way linked to Ole Sarah Donchaknow. The guy has serious bats in the attic; I mean, read that article that CC posted. He's a complete nut, and it has nothing to do with the Tea Party.

And I agree with Met, Palin is done. She won't be getting elected to any public office in this country. ::knock on wood:: Sure, she has fans, but what she's interested in seems to be the Presidency, and she stands not a chance. That much is extremely clear. You can only insult the public's intelligence for so long. Even if every single one of her "fans" showed up at the polls, she would lose in a landslide.

...At least I sure as hell hope so!

Old 01-09-2011, 01:38 AM

878 posts, read 1,439,755 times
When you are a politician putting people's congressional districts in crosshairs on TV, obviously implying the incumbent is a target, and using terms like "take out" and "reload," you are fanning the flames of violence. I don't care if you try to explain it away as clever double entendre, or a poor choice of words, you are a disgrace to the political process.

Old 01-09-2011, 03:40 AM

4,058 posts, read 8,758,577 times
I knew this would happen, the weak minded reactionary-type person is easily led. Those in the public eye bear responsibility for their words and to say it was not directly caused by crosshairs and comments is to be ignorant of how fragile and irrational some follower minds really are in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska