U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 04:31 PM
DIB DIB started this thread

10 posts, read 6,840 times

Advertisements

Hi..
Well.. this is my first posting here, allthough I have spent much time surfing around in here.
I do have some questions, which I hope some of you would be kind to answer ...
But first you will have to excuse my bad english, as I am not used to write it.
My english is what I manage to pick up at school.. ()
I am danish, living in countryside in the south part of Denmark, close to Germany, right on the eastcoast by the sea. Working as a carpenter teacher the last years, former soldier in the danish internationale brigade and the royal guards. Hunting, kayaking, trekking and fishing are the interest.

I would like to paddle on of your beautiful rivers .. I have about 3 weeks, and I found some info about Beaver Creek, north of Fairbanks - but I would really like to hear your ideas/surgestions regarding a kanotour..

Looking forward to read your answers - and please fell free to ask whatever you guys want to know - would be happy to contribute to the forum aswell !
Once again..sorry for my bad english.

Thanks in advance... DIB
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2011, 04:37 PM

7,089 posts, read 8,379,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIB View Post
Hi..
Well.. this is my first posting here, allthough I have spent much time surfing around in here.
I do have some questions, which I hope some of you would be kind to answer ...
But first you will have to excuse my bad english, as I am not used to write it.
My english is what I manage to pick up at school.. ()
I am danish, living in countryside in the south part of Denmark, close to Germany, right on the eastcoast by the sea. Working as a carpenter teacher the last years, former soldier in the danish internationale brigade and the royal guards. Hunting, kayaking, trekking and fishing are the interest.

I would like to paddle on of your beautiful rivers .. I have about 3 weeks, and I found some info about Beaver Creek, north of Fairbanks - but I would really like to hear your ideas/surgestions regarding a kanotour..

Looking forward to read your answers - and please fell free to ask whatever you guys want to know - would be happy to contribute to the forum aswell !
Once again..sorry for my bad english.

Thanks in advance... DIB
LOL, Dib, there are locals whose English is a lot worse than yours. Welcome!

Old 01-09-2011, 05:16 PM

13,001 posts, read 14,300,617 times
There are a lot of small rivers and creeks you can paddle near Fairbanks, but this can only be done during the summer, from June to perhaps the end of September or so. Everything is frozen the rest of the year.

Once you get here, there are agencies where you can get all the information needed in relation which waters are the right ones for paddling. Some are quite dangerous, but others are nice for paddling. The latter are my favorite because i like to take photos of nature and wildlife along the way.

Old 01-09-2011, 06:50 PM

2,491 posts, read 3,938,486 times
You should check this forum.. You will find people who have done it. Alaska Boating Forums

Old 01-09-2011, 07:33 PM

4,043 posts, read 5,339,220 times
Your English is much better than my Danish! I would not be able to communicate with someone on a foreign website.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:21 PM

7,016 posts, read 6,822,090 times
Welcome DIB!! pull up a chair...the forum is not being the friendliest of places right now but really there are some great people here that can give you great advice and helpful information! again welcome.

Old 01-10-2011, 03:20 PM

Hi ...
thank you all ... anyway I will try to improve my english ;-)
Well, I better stick to the - what we in Scandinavia call "class I" water - also because as things look now, I am alone on this, as more or less possible partners all look for New Zealand (hunting aswell) And I guess, that trying to roll a canoe like my kayak would only get me in trouble ....
I´ll check the site you recommand Marty ..and blueflames - don`t worry - I seen a swedish member in here and if he can "survive" in here - definitely a Dane can !! ;-) ... LOL..

Old 01-10-2011, 04:09 PM

7,016 posts, read 6,822,090 times
Quote:
Hi ...
thank you all ... anyway I will try to improve my english ;-)
Well, I better stick to the - what we in Scandinavia call "class I" water - also because as things look now, I am alone on this, as more or less possible partners all look for New Zealand (hunting aswell) And I guess, that trying to roll a canoe like my kayak would only get me in trouble ....
I´ll check the site you recommand Marty ..and blueflames - don`t worry - I seen a swedish member in here and if he can "survive" in here - definitely a Dane can !! ;-) ... LOL..
hehehee...the swedish member "Sweden" is a lady! I will let Rance answer more if he cares to.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:50 AM

..aargh.. really made an intrance there didènt I.. ....

Old 01-11-2011, 03:05 AM

4,043 posts, read 5,339,220 times
Quote:
..aargh.. really made an intrance there didènt I.. ....
There is no way you could have known she is female by her name
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska