U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 03-08-2011, 05:36 PM
 
225 posts, read 346,311 times
Reputation: 165

Advertisements

I am just wondering if there are any SINGLE women living a back to basic lifestyle. I live a back to basic lifestyle with the exception of Satellite Internet and often wondered if any single women are living this way by themselves. Just a thought.
Rate this post positively

 
Old 03-08-2011, 05:52 PM
 
1,337 posts, read 1,330,811 times
Reputation: 656
New to the forum, I see. Greetings. I'm pretty sure I know you from the other Alaska forum.

Not a woman, can't help you there.... but there are a lot more Alaskan women on this particular forum (or so it seems) than the other one, so maybe you'll have some luck.

Last edited by FreedomThroughAnarchism; 03-08-2011 at 06:06 PM..
Rate this post positively
 
Old 03-08-2011, 05:55 PM
 
Location: AK
854 posts, read 1,747,654 times
Reputation: 756
there are plenty of single women around here. some were born here. the rest moved here for work (teaching or medical work). i don't know of any who are necessarily attempting a back-to-basics lifestyle.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 03-08-2011, 05:55 PM
 
Location: on top of a mountain
6,992 posts, read 11,138,021 times
Reputation: 3259
ohhhh now this could be an interesting thread!!! welcome Mr. Alaskabushrat! sorry happily married for over 32yrs....but would love to see a budding romance happen!
Rate this post positively
 
Old 03-08-2011, 05:59 PM
 
225 posts, read 346,311 times
Reputation: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomThroughAnarchism View Post
New to the forum, I see. Greetings. I'm pretty sure I know you from the other Alaska forum.

Not a woman, can't help you there.... but there are a lot more Alaskan women on this particular forum than the other one, so maybe you'll have some luck.

It sure will be interesting to find out. I was on AOD, at first it was fine but, it got a little bit to crazy for me and it seemed if you weren't in a certain click, you didn't click. I don't go there anymore.

C'mon bushladies show yourselves, LOL
Rate this post positively
 
Old 03-08-2011, 06:01 PM
 
225 posts, read 346,311 times
Reputation: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
ohhhh now this could be an interesting thread!!! welcome Mr. Alaskabushrat! sorry happily married for over 32yrs....but would love to see a budding romance happen!
LOL, I wasn't exactly looking for romance but, wouldn't turn it down if it happened. Just curious about women living in the bush.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 03-08-2011, 06:03 PM
 
Location: on top of a mountain
6,992 posts, read 11,138,021 times
Reputation: 3259
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskabushrat View Post
LOL, I wasn't exactly looking for romance but, wouldn't turn it down if it happened. Just curious about women living in the bush.
well then either subject I would find very interesting!! hope someone answers you!
Rate this post positively
 
Old 03-08-2011, 06:12 PM
 
225 posts, read 346,311 times
Reputation: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
well then either subject I would find very interesting!! hope someone answers you!

Thanks, I thought it would be a fun subject. It would be nice to find out how they cope and get a different perspective. Most people think those of us living in the BUSH as dirty old trappers who never wash ourselves or clothes and only men live this way. So, let's have fun. Maybe there is a woman who always dreamed about it and wished they could. Let's see.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 03-08-2011, 06:17 PM
 
Location: on top of a mountain
6,992 posts, read 11,138,021 times
Reputation: 3259
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskabushrat View Post
Thanks, I thought it would be a fun subject. It would be nice to find out how they cope and get a different perspective. Most people think those of us living in the BUSH as dirty old trappers who never wash ourselves or clothes and only men live this way. So, let's have fun. Maybe there is a woman who always dreamed about it and wished they could. Let's see.
well I for one have always thought about maybe not "bush" living. love long term camping with very basic things....did 3 months of it in AK in 82 and loved it..hiking, camping, subsistence...but now have a DH who is not into that at all! he likes what I call suburban camping soooo....hope this thread gets some input!
Rate this post positively
 
Old 03-08-2011, 06:21 PM
 
1,337 posts, read 1,330,811 times
Reputation: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskabushrat View Post
It sure will be interesting to find out. I was on AOD, at first it was fine but, it got a little bit to crazy for me and it seemed if you weren't in a certain clique, you didn't click. I don't go there anymore.
Bummer. You should go back there anyway. It is a little more cliquish over there.... pretty open on this forum.

I read your blog. You moved into a new place (if I am not mistaken)? I was looking at a place pretty darn close to where you were (maybe 3 miles south'ish - Yeah, I know... just what you wanted... more neighbors mucking up the tranquility. ).... Was going to PM you on the other forum pestering you with a few questions, but didn't want to impose.
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top