U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-29-2011, 07:16 PM

15,558 posts, read 14,652,747 times
I would like to see them in person first...what kind would you recommend for a young man?

Old 04-29-2011, 07:20 PM

4,323 posts, read 1,210,383 times
Some men wear fossilized watch bands. (We custom make them to fit).

Others prefer the plain black & white square type - which is the most popular bracelet sold in Kotzebue.

My son Jesse just returned home and he ran into some people from Barrow today @ Walmart. What happened to you boys they said to Jesse - EVERYONE is asking where did they go ?? Lots & Lots of People want more bracelets in Barrow !!

Old 04-29-2011, 07:26 PM

Right now we are in the process of pre-fabbing a lot of bracelts @ once.

Soon I will post all the photos to show you how we make 30 bracelets in a few days time.

Making them one @ a time; is not the way to do this. Volume is how to make the big $$.

PRE-FABRICATE - ALL - the pieces @ once.

slice them all up. Spend most of the weekend just slicing up Ivory.

shaping all the pieces

cut out all the insets

Insert all the insets

String them all up

Polish and finish

Once you have all the pieces going through the process of pre-fab steps.

It is easy to string and polish 20 bracelets in one day.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:44 PM

14,719 posts, read 23,815,850 times
Sity, my Mom loves the braclet and earrings I sent her.

Old 04-29-2011, 07:47 PM

5,200 posts, read 6,557,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Seriously, I would be interested in a couple of these bracelets as wedding gifts for the Prince of Walesn.
He did an excellent job on the one I purchased last month. Their work is top notch.

Old 04-29-2011, 08:15 PM

SATISFACTION is GUARANTEED

& I got 2 witnesses !! (chuckle).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Sity, my Mom loves the braclet and earrings I sent her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
He did an excellent job on the one I purchased last month. Their work is top notch.
I thank each of you - for proving my point!!

Muchly appreciated !! from all of us !!!

Old 04-29-2011, 09:25 PM

Whoops... I sure was wrong about how many bracelets we can make from the Ivory we purchased today @ Alaska Fur Exchange.

This is all that is left from $500 bux worth purchased today.

These end pieces are too small for the band saw so we will slice the remaining material using coping saws

http://majikimaje.com/Ivory/800/the end.jpg (broken link)

This is a very kewl saw - complete with white light and a laser light to follow your cut. It works like a charm.

This is what we have left after cuttting all the ivory up. Maybe 17 bracelets if we merge it using other materials. The bigger slices have two or more shapes on each piece.

Well we hope to have these all finished by Monday - to go out and make some $$.. .. and repeat the same process all over again - buy more ivory & more tools & supplies !! I will post it all here - and give you visual accounts via photographs of how these rooms change over the next few weeks.

Old 04-30-2011, 12:35 PM

Default Kowak ivory

Let me take the time here to introduce you to KOWAK IVORY These people have been in business since 1985.

I want you to notice the bracelets and ear-rings !

I want you to notice the silly prices !!

You cannot possibly make big bucks doing it this way. Nope - I would be very depressed and extremely doubtfull of making any money using this method or styles.

This thread is all about "helping" YOU - make big bucks - working @ home. That is my claim and my promise if you merely follow the simple steps That I have outlined in these pages.

Copy the basic simple styles - Use your imagination and create new ones.

VOLUME: is the "only way" to achieve the results that I have promised you.

DISPLAY your crafts in places that have arts & crafts areas for artists.

Old 05-01-2011, 09:18 AM

I just lost a post that that took me much-o time to type out. gosh I hate it when that happens.

So I have to reconstruct the post again; (sigh).

Different techinques that I have failed in the past to mention. 'Collets'

When you first purchase a dremel tool - it does not come with an attachement so that you can hold a 1/16" drill bit.

The collet (collar) pictured below is a universal collet. It will allow you to hold/tighten bits 1/16" inch and much smaller. You need one or two of these.

All dremel bits - shafts are 3/32nd - 1/8th of an inch thick. All drilling for bracelets & ear-rings are 1/16th of an inch only. ONE SIZE.

BROKEN DRILL BITS: are always saved for other projecs.

If you want to make a small box - out of ivory or baleen or combination thereof; It is too difficult to glue pieces that are perpendicular to each otehr to form a 90 degree angle. Therefore: pegs are used to hold the pieces together in a much stronger method.

As you put the pieces together to create a bracelet. It is important to keep the same pieces in the same order. When you make piece (inset). What fits in one piece might not fit the same in another piece. Numbering your pieces OR putting #'s on your work surface is a great way to keep track of which pieces belong where. Remember each piece is hand crafted - not machine crafted.

Two bracelets that were finished yesterday and sold less than two hours later.

We have sold lots of bracelets in the past month since we first began carving again - and we have lots of new contacts.

I promise you ... make the items - display them & they will sell!! You do not have to say one word. Let the IVORY DO all the talking !!!

This room has changed drastically during the last couple of weeks. During the next few weeks an entire new professional shop will be installed & functionally working in place in this same room.

I am still working (adding) to my 3d scene of this design for this new shop in 3D Studio Max - my favorite program I use to create photo-realistic 'drawings' cgi (computer generated image)

3D Studio Max allows you to create something (anything you can think of) that doesn't even exist, and give it photo - realistic qualities.

Old 05-01-2011, 05:20 PM

20,960 posts, read 21,198,544 times
Might want to delete your picture with the box of weed and rolling papers...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska