Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 05:44 AM

1,055 posts, read 1,868,522 times

Advertisements

S. A. O. Seasonal affected orneriness-everything in Alaska is different. ;-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2011, 06:11 AM

3,539 posts, read 7,650,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freezengirl View Post
S. A. O. Seasonal affected orneriness-everything in Alaska is different. ;-)
Yep. Happens every year right after the vernal equinox. Two or three weeks of 12 hours of sunlight, and people start losing it.

Some folks commit suicide. Others make the neighbors miserable.

People on City-Data start claiming that everyone else is calling them names.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:07 AM

1,786 posts, read 2,875,072 times
Default Love it LOL

Just kidding around about fantasy land... (remember I'm the one with the dry bad sense of humor so keep my day job kind of gal??)... I don't want to zing anyone... I love your icon Met... I just want to read and to get to know information about many of the wonderful things about Alaska and in the process have learned that everyone here is passionate and so informative and I can't wait to see things for myself... so YES INDEED... Group hug please

Old 04-18-2011, 08:35 AM

3,539 posts, read 7,650,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesdreams View Post
. so YES INDEED... Group hug please
Have you considered what you might catch?

Old 04-18-2011, 11:23 AM

6,381 posts, read 14,563,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
I know that we(Floyd, Eves, myself) have a history in here. Whenever a thread is posted one of us has to say something about the past. I think it's time that a truce needs to be called. I'm sick of it, I'm sure others are, too. If we all agree to stop attacking each others about the past, this would be a much happier place.

We all have the "I know more than you do" problem here. I'm willing to let it go, as long as the two of you, well, and Stiffler let it go, we'll all be happy here. Not to mention Mark in Nenana.

Truce?

I don't have a problem with that at all!

I rather enjoy answering people questions and posting photos of what I see and do in Alaska and elsewhere.

Sadly, I doubt it will end though, I have simply stopped responding to some folks. Won't cure the world, but there is too many that I do like to chat with and will keep doing so.

Kudo's Warp!

Old 04-18-2011, 11:35 AM

1,981 posts, read 3,844,856 times
^ Proof that there are plenty of people around here who would love to see it stop. I'm confused though, why would the vernal equinox make everyone go nuts? You would think they would be happy since the darkness and cold is over for the year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla
I have to admit it's been awhile since I've seen them but I've been a fan of them for a long time. The last concert I saw was in Portland in the 90's
Well then you're very lucky! Anyone who got to see them in the 90's is very lucky. Seeing as how they quit in 2000, came back all drugged out in 2003, quit again in 2004, and then just now came back again (clean and sober!) in 2009, it would have been difficult to see them much between the 90's and now. Honestly, that's the biggest thing I have reservations about with Alaska: how am I going to get my Phish fix?! I guess I'm gonna have to just fly down once a year for the New Years run or something. 'Twill be a difficult thing though, as I'm used to seeing at least 10 shows a year.

Old 04-18-2011, 12:13 PM

1,786 posts, read 2,875,072 times
Default I hope passion for knowledge and love of nature...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd_Davidson View Post
Have you considered what you might catch?
Floyd... thank you for the smile ... I would find it a privilage to meet many of the bloggers and be able to hug them face to face... scary isn't it LOL......

Old 04-18-2011, 12:50 PM

1,055 posts, read 1,868,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesdreams View Post
Floyd... thank you for the smile ... I would find it a privilage to meet many of the bloggers and be able to hug them face to face... scary isn't it LOL......
It is distressing when there is bickering but I will say that I have felt the same. We all have our strengths and weaknesses and I appreciate that most of the time we share the best of ourselves.

Old 04-19-2011, 10:42 PM

69 posts, read 140,622 times
1. Ignore those who annoy you.

2. "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, And wisdom to know the difference."

3. xkcd: Duty Calls

It takes 2 to have a fight. I have had plenty of people in my lifetime who have had problems with me. I let them have a problem and don't get worked up about them. 99% of the time it's irrelevant. This has served me well especially with dealing with *hole neighbors. It's hard to do and I don't always succeed, but I try.

Old 04-19-2011, 11:11 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,696,773 times
Ten Phish shows a year....probably not practical after you move up. You should think about getting a credit card that has Alaska Air miles and start racking them up now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska