U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-24-2011, 08:33 PM

5,384 posts, read 7,250,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammasCabin View Post
Boy I'm with you on that one Met! God help us if there's a crash at that airport. How long would it take emergency equipment and personnel to be ferried over over there.
About 22 minutes. That's how long we did CPR on the man that had the heart attack in the old upstairs security area. That was in the summer and both ferries were running. Both ferries were loaded and getting ready to depart. They had to unload almost all the vehicles, untie, go across, dock, tie up, etc. 22 minutes is a long time for 2 people to do CPR while waiting for the ambulance and medics to get there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2011, 10:23 PM

1,786 posts, read 1,372,537 times
Default You are correct :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
In this forum a majority don't like Palin for one reason or another, and this can be seeing in the responses of a few of the posters. However, Palin is liked the most in the Alaska hunting, gun, and military forum, as well as any Alaska political independent (not Democrat nor Republican) forum.

But even here in this forum, when you read the responses from those who oppose Palin you will notice that the majority of these are just expressions of the poster's feelings, and have nothing to do with Palin but with themselves.

Some don't like her voice, some don't like her politics, some don't like her looks, some don't like that she is anti-abortion, and so forth. The bottom line is that there is a sector of the voters who like Palin, and there is another group of voters who don't like her, but this is the case with all politicians. For example, some liked former governors while others didn't, some like Obama while some don't, and the same can be said about Carter, Clinton, the Bush presidents, etc.
Ray... you are so right... everyone has their right to like who they want to... and not like also... I will not mention "she who shall not be named" anymore... out of respect OK... ... have a great evening Ray

Old 04-24-2011, 11:35 PM

13,062 posts, read 14,697,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesdreams View Post
Ray... you are so right... everyone has their right to like who they want to... and not like also... I will not mention "she who shall not be named" anymore... out of respect OK... ... have a great evening Ray
Happy Easter evening to you, too

Old 04-25-2011, 12:47 AM

16,106 posts, read 16,116,997 times
How many cups of wine are you into just now, Ray?

Old 04-25-2011, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
How many cups of wine are you into just now, Ray?
Last night? Had one before I went to bed, and none with dinner as I usually do. I had to drive to my house right after dinner, and since I have a CDL I never drink alcohol and then drive. No! I never do drugs (just in case it crossed your mind) As a former military member I learned long ago to stay away from such.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:17 AM

8,677 posts, read 10,012,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Last night? Had one before I went to bed, and none with dinner as I usually do. I had to drive to my house right after dinner, and since I have a CDL I never drink alcohol and then drive. No! I never do drugs (just in case it crossed your mind) As a former military member I learned long ago to stay away from such.
So where are you all staying while the house is rebuilt, where you can cook? Did Abs get an Easter treat?...

Old 04-26-2011, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
So where are you all staying while the house is rebuilt, where you can cook? Did Abs get an Easter treat?...
The insurance company pays another company to arrange housing for us, so they moved us to another house not too far from ours. What I did for dinner was to grill three buffalo burgers for my son, Abbie (our dog), and me. Since my wife prefers turkey or fish to beef, I baked a boneless turkey breast for her, and also three large cod fillets (just in case). It was too much food, so there were some leftovers, but we always have lots of foods to choose from on the table on holidays such as Easter.

Along the other foods we had a fruit salad, plus the following dish:

INGREDIENTS
-Red potatoes, pilled and thinly sliced
-Extra virgin olive oil
-Black olives, sliced
-Mrs. Dash seasoning
-A little BareFoot "Moscato" CA wine
-Smoke-flavor and spices Canadian bacon, cut into very small pieces
-Chopped onion
-Italian dressing (garlic & spice in a small envelope), with olive oil and Progresso balsamic vinegar
-Salt (optional)

Fry the bacon slightly, and pour-in a little olive oil on a baking pan, then put potatoes in the pan. The add the olives, bacon, onion, and sprinkle Mrs dash over the top. Pour-in a little olive oil over the ingredients in the pan. Now, sprinkle some of the wine, and finally some of the Italian dressing. Cover the pan with aluminum foil, and put in the oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Then check to make sure if the potatoes are done. If done, remove the foil, and bake at 400 degrees for about 5-10 minutes or until the potatoes turn slightly golden brown.

By the way, that cheap wine I mentioned above goes well with cod or flounder. It has a and sweet/fruity flavor.

Old 04-27-2011, 01:57 AM

Grannysroost,

That was for easter (above). The house the insurance company moved us to, while unfurnished, still has all the appliances needed (stove, refrigerator, washer, dryer, etc.). Then the that arranges for lodging, ALE Solutions, got with another company and got us a dining/living/bedrooms sets delivered, all new. When we move back into our house, the same company will pick-up their furniture.

So, we did have a nice Easter celebration like we always do during such occasions.

Old 04-27-2011, 02:24 PM

7,089 posts, read 8,510,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
Sarah Palin is God's Girl after the order of Esther! Personaly I love and adore this woman. she is smart as a whip and not afraid to mention God.

All of you will be shocked and totally speechless soon - when you see what God does with this woman.

There is not one christian in this world that is perfect, they are all sinners each and every one of them only difference; is that a christian is forgiven.

The book of proverbs says - A Righteous person will FAIL SEVEN TIMES.

7 is the # of completness. IN other words a righteous person WILL FAIL completly.!!

Quit thinking you are any better than she is. You are just as much a failure as she is!!

But she accomplished something no other Governor ever did. She wiped out the state debt and got billions more !! Her approval rating for governor of this state was higher than anyother person that has held that office. Once McCain introduced her to the whole world.. She had to quit.. the democrates wasted thousands of hours and millions of dollars of state money in frivilous lawsuits - all of which were thrown out.
I guess that "judge not lest ye be judged" does not apply to you.

Old 04-27-2011, 02:27 PM

7,089 posts, read 8,510,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Great. I guess the Sarah Palin's Alaska is just for the non-Alaskans...Sheesh!

Who Knew?!

Good to know the dangerous woman is out of town.
I suspect she is spreading her venom to a larger audience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska