Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 10:35 PM

6,424 posts, read 13,239,745 times

Advertisements

Looking good Met!
Now the hard part comes...keeping it up to date.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2011, 10:52 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,271,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephler View Post
Now the hard part comes...keeping it up to date.
Oh that's not the hard part, but it's not the easy part.

The hard part is dealing with the idjits who either think they know better than you do, don't understand your parameters, so give wrong opinions.

Then there are the stalkers, we have one he pops up from time to time, and normally posts highly offensive comments, that are designed to attempt to entrap me into saying something hypocritical that will then open me up to ridicule. It might be successful to, if he wasn't so transparent in his attempts.

Of course my wife who also has the same blog is perfection to the same stalker, I suspect she's the one being stalked, and I'm getting the flak, so he can in his mind run in and save her from my evil and despicable ways after proving me a hypocrite (I mean I've lived with her for seven years, I think she knows most of my evil and despicable ways by now and hasn't run away screaming). Fortunately we moderate comments so most of his are removed prior to publication, but there are a few that still get through.

Ah, things to look forward to eh Met...?

Old 04-18-2011, 11:04 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post

Ah, things to look forward to eh Met...?
I have my ways of dealing with fing idjits.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I have my ways of dealing with fing idjits.
LOL...

I'll pay attention to your blog, see if I can pick up any tips

Old 04-18-2011, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
Careful, you may get a reality show out of this!
LOL--thought abut putting up a webcam over the compound...it would put the Trailer Park Boys to shame.

Yeah, Neph--keeping it up to date will be tough as the season progresses, which is kind of a catch-22 since the whole idea is to chronicle the season as it happens.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:11 PM

Quote:
LOL...

I'll pay attention to your blog, see if I can pick up any tips
I'll have to be a bit low key on my blog because of business reasons but I'm available for private idjit control consultation.

Old 04-18-2011, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I'll have to be a bit low key on my blog because of business reasons but I'm available for private idjit control consultation.
Yeah that's our problem too, not that we're doing it for business reasons, but having 100+ registered followers (and who knows how many unregistered), means that I've got to limit my idjit control mechanisms, so as not to alienate those followers.

I'll still be paying attention, you might have a strategy that I can use.

Old 04-19-2011, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Yeah that's our problem too, not that we're doing it for business reasons, but having 100+ registered followers (and who knows how many unregistered), means that I've got to limit my idjit control mechanisms, so as not to alienate those followers.

I'll still be paying attention, you might have a strategy that I can use.
The best way to deal with fing idjits is to have a zero tolerance stance concerning them. I have a list of them by the CC machine here who are not allowed to do business with me. We put Seinfeld's Soup Nazi to shame here. Because we can.

Seen a lot of great white sportfishers here coming around treating the hired help like their own personal servants. That never seems to work out well for them. My crew is invaluable to me and nobody treats them badly and continues to be allowed to do business here.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska