U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-28-2011, 07:46 PM

135 posts, read 249,934 times
Default August in Alaska

Hi again,

Forgot to ask about it in my other thread. Is it true that most parks are closed in August due to rainy weather...? I just read it in Alaska's trip advisor, and hope its not true...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 07:59 PM

15,940 posts, read 15,500,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magdalena1 View Post
Hi again,

Forgot to ask about it in my other thread. Is it true that most parks are closed in August due to rainy weather...? I just read it in Alaska's trip advisor, and hope its not true...
No...where did it say that on Trip Advisor?

However....later on in August it can be a really rainy; I remember one year when Talkeetna flooded, and they did close Denali for a short time. Maybe the person who wrote that on Trip Advisor was visiting during that particular year at that particular time.

It's not the norm but it can happen.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:14 PM

135 posts, read 249,934 times
Oh well...I hope it won't happen this year.

What palces would you advise to see if you had 12 days on your trip?

Old 04-29-2011, 01:53 AM

1 posts, read 107 times
Default Simple Golf Tips to Improve Your Game

[SIZE=3]Simple Golf Tips to Improve Your Game[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Here are some simple tips which may help you imrpove your game.Keep those knees still, rotate those shoulders ...When putting, keep your knees still to keep your body still.When playing a bunker shot, if you don't turn your shoulders and rotate through the swing you'll fat or thin the shot.Work out your average ...To learn more from your game, the next time you play a round of golf, count how many putts you take, how many fairways you hit in regulation, pace out your average distance you hit you're drives. You'll be surprised to know that your putting will account for more than 40% of all your shots made.When practising your golf swing try to slow the whole movement down. If you can try to swing at 50% of your normal pace. Slowing the swing down helps you to develop a better sense of timing and rhythm. Remember the key is to swing through the bill and not to hit at it.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]-----------[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] Ping G15[/SIZE]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska