Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 10:33 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,174,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfamily6now View Post
We have put down some wood laminate in the dinning area and since we decided to knock out the wall dividing the 2 rooms we are going to just continue the floor into the kitchen as well. I love Tile and so after we do the mud/tape and sanding... I'll be putting some tile on the back splash and probably some upper cabinets in as well. DH will get some stainless steel for a back behind the stove.

Here is the steps we are working on. (might put tile on the top of the step too since we are not very happy with the way the laminate stair nose attaches to the step)

Our whole upper floor was done with paneling.... Ugh! It's going to take another year to finish getting rid of that stuff.

This is the laminate we are doing in the kitchen as well as the dining room. It will be the "GREAT KITCHEN!"
It does look very nice throughout

Long time ago I was thinking of building my own countertops with high gloss dark granite tiles (13" tiles). I saw such a project on TV a few years ago, and the countertops were gorgeous! No grout is used between the tiles, but a silicone-base product (black color), and the tiles are butted against each other tightly. The silicone oozes out between the tiles, and sits there through the night. The following day a very sharp razor scraper is used to cut the silicone that protrudes between the tiles. In order to build such countertop, one has to set 3/4" plywood on top of the cabinets, followed by backing board or Durock. It's on top of the Durock that the tiles are installed after a layer of rubberized tile glue.

But then we had a house fire a couple of months ago, so we had to decide on which cabinets, floors, and countertops. The rest is history
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 11:40 PM

1,923 posts, read 4,715,110 times
Nice!

I'm sure your current choices are very nice too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska