U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-05-2011, 06:02 PM

6,647 posts, read 6,204,863 times
I don't know or care what she did in Alaska. What I do know is that almost every week she makes mistakes on subjects that she should know as a political leader, basic facts of geography and other nations, and doesn't read newspapers. Her mistakes are things that any president (other than Bush 2) would know off the top of their heads. She had to write crib notes on her hand once, and what was far more scary than that was that some of the notes were very basic Republican/conservative talking points that any Junior Republican would know. That indicates stupidity, not just ignorance.

I don't want someone like that signing off on, or vetoing, legislation that she likely doesn't comprehend. I don't want her meeting and negotiating with international leaders with IQs that might be twice hers, such as Putin (not technically the top politico in Russia, but de facto).

She simply doesn't have the intellectual equipment to be a good president, she's even worse than Bush 2 in that respect! There are plenty of conservatives who at least wouldn't be a disaster for the whole world, who are smart and manipulative enough to do the job - particularly some of the national syndicated columnists. Some years ago I used to read Krauthammer's opinions and they were quite good, someone like that could work if we absolutely must have a conservative president.

Old 06-05-2011, 06:11 PM

2,490 posts, read 3,860,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
I don't know or care what she did in Alaska. What I do know is that almost every week she makes mistakes on subjects that she should know as a political leader, basic facts of geography and other nations, and doesn't read newspapers. Her mistakes are things that any president (other than Bush 2) would know off the top of their heads. She had to write crib notes on her hand once, and what was far more scary than that was that some of the notes were very basic Republican/conservative talking points that any Junior Republican would know. That indicates stupidity, not just ignorance.

I don't want someone like that signing off on, or vetoing, legislation that she likely doesn't comprehend. I don't want her meeting and negotiating with international leaders with IQs that might be twice hers, such as Putin (not technically the top politico in Russia, but de facto).

She simply doesn't have the intellectual equipment to be a good president, she's even worse than Bush 2 in that respect! There are plenty of conservatives who at least wouldn't be a disaster for the whole world, who are smart and manipulative enough to do the job - particularly some of the national syndicated columnists. Some years ago I used to read Krauthammer's opinions and they were quite good, someone like that could work if we absolutely must have a conservative president.
I will vote for any candidate who wins the R primary. As Howard Dean just said, anyone that wins the primary has a good shot at winning the election this time around.

Old 06-05-2011, 06:51 PM

5,706 posts, read 4,671,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Van Diest View Post
I will vote for any candidate who wins the R primary.
I'll vote for the candidate who promises to stand with our North Korean allies.

Old 06-05-2011, 07:13 PM

2,490 posts, read 3,860,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJacket View Post
I'll vote for the candidate who promises to stand with our North Korean allies.
Good for you. I guess we will cancel each other out then.

Old 06-05-2011, 07:50 PM

12,928 posts, read 13,885,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post

In reality every politician out there, including President Obama, Bill Clinton, the Bush, Carter, and so forth make or have made mistakes in an almost daily basis. Years ago with the absence of the Internet and "smart" devices most times we never heard of such mistakes, or the press did not make a big deal out of it. But nowadays it's very difficult for any politician, or anybody else for that matter, to prevent leaving "footprints" all over the Internet, or just to avoid being recorded by the press and bystanders, and then being published all over the Internet. All you have to do is to search the "gaffes" of any politician or person on the political spotlight , and you will find plenty.

Take for example the "love" meetings President Kennedy had around the White House, and the years it took for the public to become aware about it. That was then, and this is now.

In this forum, most of us are just stating opinions, and as such expressing our "feelings" about one person or the next (Palin in this case, mostly), but since Palin is not here with us participating in a dialog, one's opinions are much like an anus in that every one of us has one

Now, here is my opinion about "intellect and all the BS"
Where has the superior intellect of "The Messiah Obama" has led us so far? The way I see it, we voted for "intellect" and gave the presidential seat to Obama, so the next time I plan to give "beauty," instead of intellect, a try, but only female beauty Take a look:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...y.html?hpid=z2

Last edited by RayinAK; 06-05-2011 at 08:56 PM..

Old 06-05-2011, 09:27 PM

15,947 posts, read 15,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post

Now, here is my opinion about "intellect and all the BS"
Where has the superior intellect of "The Messiah Obama" has led us so far?
May 2, 2011. That is all.

Old 06-05-2011, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
May 2, 2011. That is all.
Perhaps you are right, but how about if he does not win a second term? Well, all depends on his teleprompter, I guess

Old 06-05-2011, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Perhaps you are right, but how about if he does not win a second term? Well, all depends on his teleprompter, I guess
You must be deeper into the wine than usual.

If he doesn't win a second term, the events of May 2nd will remain unchanged.

Old 06-05-2011, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
You must be deeper into the wine than usual.

If he doesn't win a second term, the events of May 2nd will remain unchanged.
Come on, Met. I don't drink but a cup of wine with dinner as I have mentioned many times before. One of the reasons why I don't drink is not only because I oppose drunks and potheads, but because I hold a Class-A CDL with a whole bunch of endorsements, and have to go through random tests. Have never been under the influence, nor had any road accidents so far.

If Obama does not win a second term, all it means that his teleprompter's intellect has failed him. That's all One of my votes for "intellect" was enough, so I repeat, "my next vote will be for beauty...screw intellect"

Old 06-05-2011, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Come on, Met. I don't drink but a cup of wine with dinner as I have mentioned many times before. One of the reasons why I don't drink is not only because I oppose drunks and potheads, but because I hold a Class-A CDL with a whole bunch of endorsements, and have to go through random tests. Have never been under the influence, nor had any road accidents so far.

If Obama does not win a second term, all it means that his teleprompter has failed him. That's all
I simply do not believe you as I have noticed over the years that on the evenings when your poor wife is working late, your posts become more...let's just say "creative"...as the hours go by. I am wondering what size of cup that "one cup of wine" is sometimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska