Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 10:56 AM

16,265 posts, read 42,984,230 times

Advertisements

METH...problem in the 'lower 48'. Is it much of a problem in rural AK? Or for that matter, even in urban AK.

Just curious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 11:52 AM

1,923 posts, read 4,693,365 times
Meth is everywhere. I have heard it said that Wasilla is the Meth Capitol of Alaska.
I have personally never seen it or been effected by it. I have 2 teenagers as well.

Old 06-13-2011, 02:17 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,348,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfamily6now View Post
Meth is everywhere. I have heard it said that Wasilla is the Meth Capitol of Alaska.
I have personally never seen it or been effected by it. I have 2 teenagers as well.
Only by ignorant Wasilla bigots. Your information is not correct.

Old 06-13-2011, 06:38 PM

1,923 posts, read 4,693,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Only by ignorant Wasilla bigots. Your information is not correct.

Thank you. I'm glad to hear that from someone who actually lives there. I just figured it was coming from the Palin Haters.

Old 06-13-2011, 06:43 PM

455 posts, read 737,677 times
Quote:
I just figured it was coming from the Palin Haters.
Word on the street is Scottsdale, AZ is now the Meth Capital of Alaska.

Old 06-13-2011, 07:33 PM

863 posts, read 2,065,621 times
Wasilla does have the most meth that I've seen in Alaska (I worked graveyards at a gas station in the valley for a year), but I don't have any statistics to back that up. There's some here in Delta, though apparently it was considerably worse a few years back. North Pole seems pretty bad too. In any case, none of it approaches the epidemic I left in rural Whatcom County in Washington. It's no fun to see people quite literally rot over the course of three years...

Old 06-13-2011, 09:44 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,743,963 times
iT IS A MAJOR problem in Point Hope; Barrow & other villages; The people that sell this stuff are just so stupid to make money from 'hutring' other people. One young lady recently had to be medivac to Anchorage from Pt. Hope. (over dose on meth) two people were arrested in the village from this.

1/2 the youth in these villages end up in jail - their lives ruined - all because there is no set program or activities for them to participate in.

NO place to go - nothing to do - no one to teach them.

" A child left to himself, shall come to utter ruin"

King Solomon - The book of proverbs.

I see the fulfillment of that verse daily in these villages - children left to themselves. They all share the same fate & destination - incarcerated in jail!

Old 06-13-2011, 10:24 PM

20,245 posts, read 36,919,586 times
Quote:
All over Alaska; not just Wasilla. Some people say the same about North Pole, but in reality it's the same in Fairbanks.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:28 PM

20,245 posts, read 36,919,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heathen View Post
Wasilla does have the most meth that I've seen in Alaska (I worked graveyards at a gas station in the valley for a year), but I don't have any statistics to back that up. There's some here in Delta, though apparently it was considerably worse a few years back. North Pole seems pretty bad too. In any case, none of it approaches the epidemic I left in rural Whatcom County in Washington. It's no fun to see people quite literally rot over the course of three years...
Look around, other than Wasilla and you will find the same thing in the rest of the valley area (all around Anchorage). The reason why this may be the case is because outside the city limits people have large or more isolated lots where they can "brew" all kinds of things. Try the same in the middle of the city where houses are next to each other

Old 06-13-2011, 11:13 PM

26,496 posts, read 36,346,941 times
I don't keep up on meth trends and I refuse to allow the trash that uses it into my life, but as a casual observer I'd say it's almost the other way around in Alaska...that the more populated areas have more problems of this nature. Most of rural/bush Alaska isn't on any significant road system like their counterparts in the lower 48 are. It's out here, and definitely on POW though that scum knows better than to come around here aggravating me, but it seems much more in evidence in lower 48 areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska