Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 12:08 PM

1,981 posts, read 3,822,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Or maybe not. Hell I don't know. But at least it seems the stormfront klan has been tossed for now.
Hehehe, yeah thank goodness. Hey Met, are there lots of blacks and Mexicans on POW? Because if so, I'm stayin' the hell away from there! Heard there's Injuns, too? Can't be havin' none'a that, now.

/sarcasm (just in case someone really thought I was serious)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2011, 08:58 PM

2,758 posts, read 5,256,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShipOfFools42 View Post
Wait, seriously? Was this directed at me? I'm not "pretending to be Alaskan". Alaska isn't the only place where people say, "eh", especially in that context.

And now I'm realizing that was three days ago, but I'm still curious...
The post I was responding to was deleted. One of the numbskulls said they were proud to be white, so the conclusion I reached was that that's not much to be proud of, so they must not have much else going on.

Also, the only person I've heard say "eh" with any regularity up here is my Kiwi friend, so I don't think that's an Alaskan thing.

Old 07-22-2011, 10:23 PM

3,774 posts, read 11,184,714 times
And now from Mel Brooks', "Blazing Saddles"

Taggart: I got it! I know how we can run everyone out of Rock Ridge.
Hedley Lamarr: How?
Taggart: We'll kill the first born male child in every household.
Hedley Lamarr: [after some consideration] Too Jewish.

Olson Johnson: All right... we'll give some land to the n*****s and the chinks. But we don't want the Irish!
[everyone complains]
Olson Johnson: Aw, prairie ****... Everybody!

Only Mel Brooks could offend everyone, and make them laugh. I have a sense of humor about a lot of things, but when people are serious about bigotry, I tend to bristle a little. As the father of 3 half-Asian boys, I have seen it. Seldom, but when it comes up, I am more than slightly off-put.

Old 07-23-2011, 02:27 AM

206 posts, read 511,087 times
This is by far the most ridiculous and banal thread in this forum in quite some time. Only thing its missing is Sity accusing others they are attacking him.

Seriously all races of every creed and color have dirt bags. The constant bickering over the obvious in this thread just belittles anyone with a sliver of intelligence.

OP, move to where ever you want, the way you framed your opening paragraph is just a match in a sea of gasoline. If you intended to ask a serious question about population demographics then you would have taken a more careful approach.

Also, this whole forum has very cranky trolls who feel it there sole purpose in life to constantly argue any point to where Rance has to come and lock the thread.

Regardless, Alaska would not be a good transition for someone with difficulties adapting to other cultures. You move to Alaska you accept it is one of the truer "Melting Pots" in the USA. If you cant accept it, well you will be heading back to the lower 48 soon.

Oh and the petty stereotyping of people because of there skin color really makes you look small. (you know who you are)

Old 07-24-2011, 01:24 AM

20,245 posts, read 36,928,531 times
Those of you who are interested in races, there will be all kinds of activity, including races, at delta Junction next weekend.

Old 07-24-2011, 02:53 AM

4,061 posts, read 9,844,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Those of you who are interested in races, there will be all kinds of activity, including races, at delta Junction next weekend.
Are you going to be there? I probably will be.

Old 07-24-2011, 03:06 PM

20,245 posts, read 36,928,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
Are you going to be there? I probably will be.
I don't think I have the time to go out there this coming weekend. I am still splitting firewood, working on the house after the fire we had, and preparing for moose season. Next week I will be replacing the boiler's blower (Carlin), which a brand new Riello one that I have had in the box for the past three years . I will also have to clean the stack, for both the boiler and the wood stove.

BUT, I will also make some time in August, before moose season, to drive down the Richardson through Delta and out to Summit Lake, to test a Canon 7D camera I just purchased. I plan to spend a day or two between Donnelly Dome and Summit Lake. Meanwhile while at my backyard, while I wait for the 7D to arrive:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska