Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 04:47 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,489,293 times

Advertisements

It's getting to where you can't take a step anywhere in Alaska without tripping over a camera crew of idjits (with thanks to Met).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2011, 04:49 PM

46 posts, read 82,132 times
its all about informing the public man... alaksa is the last fronteir and i for one cant get enough of it

Old 07-20-2011, 04:53 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,784,766 times
At least you don't have "The Real Housewives of Nome" or some such nonesense. And didn't Sarah Palin's reality show get canceled?

Old 07-20-2011, 05:01 PM

109 posts, read 165,554 times
I hear they're gearing up to film the first season of "Desperate Fishwives" in SE Alaska. Word is, there may be a bear involved. Possibly a Halibut Trooper. Hopefully in the same episode? Stay tuned!

Old 07-20-2011, 05:52 PM

1,981 posts, read 3,820,568 times
Just curious, what prompted you to post this thread about how you can't take a step in AK without stepping on a camera crew when you're on the other side of the continent? What is it that made you decide today was a good day to start another one of these threads? I'm not trying to be insulting, I'm actually asking.

I'm just wondering what it is that people have against the shows? I enjoy AST and Ice Road Truckers and Flying Wild Alaska. All three of them actually teach you things that you didn't know before. For instance, I knew nothing of winter roads in Canada before this recent season of IRT came out, and before the show started, I had no idea anyone had ever driven an 18-wheeler over a frozen body of water. Flying Wild Alaska, for instance, shows you the inner workings and operations of a bush flying company, and the people in the show seem like damn fine people, likable too. I didn't know the level of daring that bush pilots had to possess before I saw the show. It's good TV.

So what's wrong with TV shows about Alaska? Would you rather watch "Flying Wild Kansas"?

Old 07-20-2011, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShipOfFools42 View Post
Just curious, what prompted you to post this thread about how you can't take a step in AK without stepping on a camera crew when you're on the other side of the continent? What is it that made you decide today was a good day to start another one of these threads? I'm not trying to be insulting, I'm actually asking.

I'm just wondering what it is that people have against the shows? I enjoy AST and Ice Road Truckers and Flying Wild Alaska. All three of them actually teach you things that you didn't know before. For instance, I knew nothing of winter roads in Canada before this recent season of IRT came out, and before the show started, I had no idea anyone had ever driven an 18-wheeler over a frozen body of water. Flying Wild Alaska, for instance, shows you the inner workings and operations of a bush flying company, and the people in the show seem like damn fine people, likable too. I didn't know the level of daring that bush pilots had to possess before I saw the show. It's good TV.

So what's wrong with TV shows about Alaska? Would you rather watch "Flying Wild Kansas"?
haha lol what a rich irony that you of all people are calling out someone for posting about alaska without actually being there

thanks for the belly laugh.. felt good

Old 07-20-2011, 06:03 PM

1,786 posts, read 2,856,659 times
Default hmmm???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ǀone traveǀer View Post
haha lol what a rich irony that you of all people are calling out someone for posting about alaska without actually being there

thanks for the belly laugh.. felt good
and you are in Alaska???... just curious...

Old 07-20-2011, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesdreams View Post
and you are in Alaska???... just curious...

Old 07-20-2011, 06:09 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,489,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShipOfFools42 View Post

I've been meaning to post this for gits and shiggles for some time but my fiancee's illness and the possible death of her son put it out of my mind. Seeing another advert just made me think about it again. Just something silly to get my mind of the giant **** sammy life has turned into.

Old 07-20-2011, 06:16 PM

164 posts, read 279,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
I've been meaning to post this for gits and shiggles for some time but my fiancee's illness and the possible death of her son put it out of my mind. Seeing another advert just made me think about it again. Just something silly to get my mind of the giant **** sammy life has turned into.
Sorry to hear that....I hope things get better for you.

There are a lot of Alaska reality shows, some good some bad. I will admit that I am a fan of Deadliest Catch and Alaska State Troopers.

I hated Gold Rush and that God-awful taxidermy show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska