Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 08:23 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,129,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
If you work with creating graphics.. Mac is the only way to go. However until 3D Studio Max is made to work with a mac I am stuck with a PC.
Stuck? Sell a few bracelets and you'll have a new Mac.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 09:13 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,785,487 times
They used to be located at the corner of Spenard & Fireweed. But they have moved over to Northern lights some time ago I presume.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:21 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,183,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
If you work with creating graphics.. Mac is the only way to go. However until 3D Studio Max is made to work with a mac I am stuck with a PC.
I am certain that the PC is just a good for photo work, but I have been using Macs along PhotoShop for several years now, and love it.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:26 PM

2,758 posts, read 5,288,511 times
When I saw this thread title I thought, "Just apples? That's a pretty specialized fruit store." Yeah, I'm tired. And also I live under a rock.

I have an iPod Touch that I really love, but can't see going Apple all the way. I'm not even sure why I have a resistance to them, but I do.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:19 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,269,537 times
Apple is a great company and makes great products. After all, we are Californians.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:49 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,183,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notreesininceland View Post
Apple is a great company and makes great products. After all, we are Californians.
Oh, yea? Then take this: as long as Apple does not come to Alaska to turn this State into the mess it leaves behind in CA....

Old 08-10-2011, 12:19 AM

1,923 posts, read 4,715,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKStafford View Post
I work for a firm that does the final test & adjusting of commercial HVAC systems. We are suppose to be in there this week.
It'll be nice to have... I've got some issues with my iPhone.

LOL, my hubby works for the company installing those! You might know him!

as for Apple, I love them! We bought a MacBook 3 years ago and I use it all day long. Never had a single problem with it while our HP has been in the shop 6 times and finally died 4 months ago, just 3 weeks after our extended warranty ran out. Figures. I will NEVER buy another PC again.

Old 08-10-2011, 04:23 PM

1,981 posts, read 3,847,561 times
Me neither. But right now I would LOVE to have one of those fancy silver MacBooks that folks have got now. I'm using one right now, a MacBook Pro, but it's the smaller screen one. It's my sister's, and my brother has one too. These ones like the one I'm using now, these are unfreakingbelievable. The quality is through the roof, it's super super fast, the graphics card is actually pretty decent for stock, in my opinion, and everything runs so smoothly. I would love to have one of these, but any money I manage to save is going towards the truck and the move to Alaska, which in my opinion is a much worthier cause for the moment.

Maybe I can buy one when I get there at the fancy new Anchorage Apple store. After all, they pay you to live in Alaska, right? (Apparently everyone down here knows about the PFD but nobody actually knows anything about it. One guy literally thought it was to pay you back for dealing with the harsh weather. )

Old 08-10-2011, 04:45 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,630,964 times
Some 30 years ago in college I took some courses in different computer languages. Basic, Fortran, and Cobol.

The computer room had computers about the size of a chest freezer. You'd write a program and then feed it into this monster and wait. I hated it and quickly changed my major from Computer Science to Business.

I've never owned an Apple. Windows 7 is by far the best operating system yet put out by Microsoft. I'm happy with it.

Old 08-10-2011, 05:58 PM

43 posts, read 35,762 times
Apple is officially the most valuable company in the WORLD as of 8/10/11!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
View detailed profiles of: