U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 09-04-2011, 09:57 PM

2,788 posts, read 2,763,034 times
Default On The Ice:The Movie~Feature length fiction film~filmed in Barrow

I ran across this on the web today, and thought it might be nice to share.

Quote:
I’m Cara Marcous, one of the producers of On the Ice – the first feature-length fiction film made in Alaska by an Iñupiaq writer/director with an entirely Inuit cast. This film was written and directed by Andrew Okpeaha MacLean—an independent artist who is one of the first of many cinematic voices from a part of the world that has been profoundly under- or misrepresented in film. We want On the Ice to be able to reach a significant national audience, and in doing so, we hope to blaze a trail for many filmmakers who are enthusiastically working towards the same goals.

Thanks for visiting our Kickstarter page – we can’t wait to share On the Ice with all of you!
Much more at the link

Last edited by Rance; 09-04-2011 at 11:22 PM.. Reason: Your wish was my command!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 09-05-2011, 09:58 AM

4,323 posts, read 1,186,242 times
This sure sounds a lot like ADVERTISING - and as we know from GLITCH that is not allowed !!!

One word doesn't constitue the proper definition of ADVERTISING!!

Come on GLITCH - stand up and scream and yell about how unfair it is to advertise on City Data it is against the precious TOS!!!

Unread 09-05-2011, 10:12 AM

What are you talking about??? I was sharing a link I found interesting. Why am I even responding to you???

Unread 09-05-2011, 11:31 AM

Well I think Glitch is going to be quite upset. He sure was when I posted a humorous video.. "That is advertising he claimed" At the end of the funny video One word - that had to be 'read' was considered A violation of TOS

Now I am just curious; that's all Spazkat - it has nothing to do with you.

Unread 09-05-2011, 04:05 PM

7,020 posts, read 6,074,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
This sure sounds a lot like ADVERTISING - and as we know from GLITCH that is not allowed !!!

One word doesn't constitue the proper definition of ADVERTISING!!

Come on GLITCH - stand up and scream and yell about how unfair it is to advertise on City Data it is against the precious TOS!!!
really?? the site is not advertising making or selling anything for profit...not against TOS rules.....interesting site actually...put jealously aside...

Unread 09-05-2011, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueflames50 View Post
really?? the site is not advertising making or selling anything for profit...not against TOS rules.....interesting site actually...put jealously aside...

Yes I agree, but the humorous video I put up, wasn't selling anything for profit, ONE WORD that had to be read was the sole reason.

Advertising was the excuse but in fact it was not advertising and didn't meet any part of advertising. Still one member complained about one word and it was moved to a different location on the same board.

Jealousy has nothing to do with it.. HYPOCRISY is the proper term!!

Unread 09-05-2011, 04:20 PM

7,020 posts, read 6,074,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SityData View Post
Yes I agree, but the humorous video I put up, wasn't selling anything for profit, ONE WORD that had to be read was the sole reason.

Advertising was the excuse but in fact it was not advertising and didn't meet any part of advertising. Still one member complained about one word and it was moved to a different location on the same board.

Jealousy has nothing to do with it.. HYPOCRISY is the proper term!!
well as I am not sure what that "one word " was..obviously it was not taken by others as it was by you...twist and spin of interpretation..that is simple to understand

Unread 09-07-2011, 03:47 PM

Just wanted to let everyone know that the project has raised the 80,000$ needed. I hope one day I'll be able to rent this movie, and I hope some of you guys in AK will be able to go to the theater to see it. That's one reason the people who made the movie were raising the money on their own, the production companies only wanted to release it in NYC & LA, but the people who made the movie wanted it released in AK too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska