Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 03:38 AM

11 posts, read 25,010 times

Advertisements

i agree there really aren't any yards here. and the first few times you go shopping for groceries, you think you are going to have a stroke from the price of food here. its all tundra here. the people are nice, but its definately different
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2011, 08:35 PM

4 posts, read 5,188 times
Default need an aprtment or room in bethel

I'm moving to bethel from IL to work in the ER at the regional hospital around mid jan. I need an apartment to rent. i'm looking for a 1 bed room place or a studio like place but im am not really a concern with space since it will only be me.

my main concerns are a) heat B)water and C) preferably close to the hospital, other utilites i can figure out if they are not included. I do have a cat and only 1 cat. he is very well mannered, never missed a vet appointment and is trained. I would hate to give him up because after a loss in the family a very interesting story between this cat and i formed so i dont believe i can give him up. i know its hard to find a place with pets but at least im trying.

i've been trying to find places but i've had no luck in general just contacting a place. is there any place to stay while i find an apartment?or know any one that might have space to rent out? is there a resource that i can use to look for an apartment like a classified ad?

thank you in advance for your help

Old 12-23-2011, 08:53 PM

811 posts, read 1,317,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icalice View Post
I'm moving to bethel from IL to work in the ER at the regional hospital around mid jan. I need an apartment to rent. i'm looking for a 1 bed room place or a studio like place but im am not really a concern with space since it will only be me.

my main concerns are a) heat B)water and C) preferably close to the hospital, other utilites i can figure out if they are not included. I do have a cat and only 1 cat. he is very well mannered, never missed a vet appointment and is trained. I would hate to give him up because after a loss in the family a very interesting story between this cat and i formed so i dont believe i can give him up. i know its hard to find a place with pets but at least im trying.

i've been trying to find places but i've had no luck in general just contacting a place. is there any place to stay while i find an apartment?or know any one that might have space to rent out? is there a resource that i can use to look for an apartment like a classified ad?

Apartments in Bethel, AK on Yahoo! Local

Kreider Rentals Bethel Alaska 99559 housing + apartment nurse ykhc

Old 12-23-2011, 09:04 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,380,632 times
im assuming its not a travel job or locum tenems....cuz otherwise i would think that they would provide you housing or at least help you find housing?

Quote:

Old 12-23-2011, 09:27 PM

21,368 posts, read 38,127,072 times
They'll put them up for a month so they can find a place of their own.

Old 12-24-2011, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
They'll put them up for a month so they can find a place of their own.
HI!!!
it's a non travel position. they are suppose to send me some info on housing but they haven't gotten me any yet I've been writing/talking to to kreider but i haven't gotten a response.

so i wasn't sure if it was just bad timing/luck because i know communication can get disrupted, nor do i how to go about it without physically being there. looks like i'm gonna start calling all of bethel like a mad woman

Old 12-24-2011, 11:49 AM

oops i made it sound like kreider was avoiding/ignoring me, which may miss lead other people in my position looking to use them. no this is not so. I'm sorry i meant hey haven't gotten back to me with locations/information yet. either way i wanted to see if there where any other options in my search!

thank you for all you help and future help in advance!!!!

Old 12-24-2011, 12:07 PM

6,994 posts, read 12,736,011 times
Quote:
oops i made it sound like kreider was avoiding/ignoring me, which may miss lead other people in my position looking to use them. no this is not so. I'm sorry i meant hey haven't gotten back to me with locations/information yet. either way i wanted to see if there where any other options in my search!

thank you for all you help and future help in advance!!!!
hope they get back to you soon to alleviate your worries....best of luck and hope you love Bethel!...you'll have to meet up with Warptman~

Old 12-24-2011, 03:29 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,380,632 times
ok so its not a travel position, but i have relocated as an ER RN several times and the hospitals went above and beyond to "hook me up" with solid leads etc. why hasnt the hospital done this, i wonder? or have they?

quote=icalice;22256495]HI!!!
it's a non travel position. they are suppose to send me some info on housing but they haven't gotten me any yet I've been writing/talking to to kreider but i haven't gotten a response.

so i wasn't sure if it was just bad timing/luck because i know communication can get disrupted, nor do i how to go about it without physically being there. looks like i'm gonna start calling all of bethel like a mad woman [/quote]

Old 12-26-2011, 11:08 PM

187 posts, read 348,498 times
Ykhc runs on bethel time... They don't bend over backwards for anybody. Call and be persistent. Go to their website, look up the name of the person you've been dealing with and write, call or cc the supervisor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska