U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 01:26 PM

220 posts, read 178,196 times
Default Don't blame it on Canada

Don't try and sneak guns across the border!

Anchorage man nabbed at Canadian border with undeclared gun | Juneau Empire - Alaska's Capital City Online Newspaper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2011, 02:23 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,857,743 times
I think we've been telling people on this forum the same thing for years.

Old 10-23-2011, 03:06 PM

220 posts, read 178,196 times
I agree. Just helps to see what happens if you try to sneak through.

Old 10-23-2011, 07:09 PM

1,337 posts, read 364,591 times
It's too bad he was caught. I have about as much respect for Canadian (U.S., and any other country) law in this regard as I do for laws in assorted middle eastern countries that clamp down on free speech and countless other forms of peaceable conduct in the name of Sharia law. Yes, I blame Canada. I refuse to play the blame the victim game.

Old 10-23-2011, 07:20 PM

7,016 posts, read 6,611,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomThroughAnarchism View Post
It's too bad he was caught. I have about as much respect for Canadian (U.S., and any other country) law in this regard as I do for laws in assorted middle eastern countries that clamp down on free speech and countless other forms of peaceable conduct in the name of Sharia law. Yes, I blame Canada. I refuse to play the blame the victim game.
you will have difficulty where ever you decide to live if you have no respect for the laws of the governing state/country.

Old 10-23-2011, 07:45 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,857,743 times
Quote:
I refuse to play the blame the victim game.
If you don't wanna be a victim of Canadian laws then don't go to Canada. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out....

Old 10-23-2011, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
If you don't wanna be a victim of Canadian laws then don't go to Canada. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out....
k: bingo!

Old 10-23-2011, 07:49 PM

1,337 posts, read 364,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
I hate disingenuous and intellectually dishonest legal positivists, which is no doubt what you two individuals are (as are most people who pretend to be legal positivists- but the thinness of their position is typically easily exposed with just one mere counter-question).

The implied nature of that comment smacks of a false dichotomy, by the way.

Old 10-23-2011, 07:57 PM

Quote:
I hate disingenuous and intellectually dishonest legal positivists, which is no doubt what you two individuals are (as are most people who pretend to be legal positivists- but the thinness of their position is easily exposed usually with just one mere counter-question).

The implied nature of that comment smacks of a false dichotomy, by the way.
psycho babble will get you no further than you are right now...stuck in VT!..look outside the continental US if this is your true belief in how freedom should be...

Old 10-23-2011, 08:21 PM

4,323 posts, read 1,366,368 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska