Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 11:22 PM

395 posts, read 1,708,935 times

Advertisements

I've remembered Redding being hot as all h--l in Summer and rather cold in winter but not as cold as in many areas of Alaska. I see Arctic' made the transition but I know of several distant friends who did not last the winter. They were from the Sacramental area. They were the ones who caution me when I were to relocate. But, I am in a different situation. Though I was planning year around living, the North home can be a Summer home if I should become too chilled and too alone. But you have the right idea. Alaska is a great place with a lot of friendly outgoing people & w/plenty of outdoor activities and marvelous landscape sceneries. Cost of living there is somewhat high but you can't have everything

Last edited by RAMFEB31; 08-27-2007 at 11:28 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2007, 08:29 AM

3,774 posts, read 11,176,962 times
Owwie. Sorry to hear that, Xa'at. Get well soon.

Old 08-28-2007, 08:54 PM

16 posts, read 175,324 times
I Really Enjoyed The Posts You Got Kristin. Glad To See Some Humor From Up-nawth. I Also Had ??? Similar. Iv'e Waited 23 Yrs. To Go Up. I'm So Excited I Won't Shut Up. I Waited So Long,, I'd Do Anything To Get To Fish And Feel That Cold Air. Recently Came To Az., Bout 1 Yr Now. Nothing Bad To Say Really. Hot! That's For Sure. Originally From N.e.ohio.used To Lake Erie Winter.probably Nothing Like Ak, But At Least I Remember What Green Is And Know What Real Maple Syrup Is. Anyways,girl I Plan To Cement My Relationship Of 8 Yrs And Can't Think Of A Better Place. I Spend So Many Hrs Researching Ak. I Could Give Tours.lol. Wish You All The Luck And Know Your Not Alone. At Least You Have Someone To Go Up With. I Went Thru Two Husbands Trying To Get There.

Old 08-28-2007, 09:03 PM

1,677 posts, read 6,417,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriket View Post
I Really Enjoyed The Posts You Got Kristin. Glad To See Some Humor From Up-nawth. I Also Had ??? Similar. Iv'e Waited 23 Yrs. To Go Up. I'm So Excited I Won't Shut Up. I Waited So Long,, I'd Do Anything To Get To Fish And Feel That Cold Air. Recently Came To Az., Bout 1 Yr Now. Nothing Bad To Say Really. Hot! That's For Sure. Originally From N.e.ohio.used To Lake Erie Winter.probably Nothing Like Ak, But At Least I Remember What Green Is And Know What Real Maple Syrup Is. Anyways,girl I Plan To Cement My Relationship Of 8 Yrs And Can't Think Of A Better Place. I Spend So Many Hrs Researching Ak. I Could Give Tours.lol. Wish You All The Luck And Know Your Not Alone. At Least You Have Someone To Go Up With. I Went Thru Two Husbands Trying To Get There.
What???? two husbands and you still don't have enough to make the trip??????

Third time is a charm they say....

just kidding...... hope you make it hear soon.

Old 08-28-2007, 09:21 PM

16 posts, read 175,324 times
Honestly, Arcticthaw. Money Never An Issue. I Love Beans And Potatoes. No One Had The Nerve Unfortunately. Matter Of Fact One Of Them Left Because I Woulndt Shut Up About alaska. I Heard The People Were Mean Up There. I Cant Believe It. Sorry For Taking Over Your Post Kristin, I Just Couldnt Resist.

Old 08-28-2007, 09:29 PM

26,476 posts, read 36,301,263 times
This should be required reading for everyone thinking of moving up here:

State Report AK 3: A Short Report on Alaska [ Free State Project - Liberty in Our Lifetime ]

Old 08-28-2007, 09:30 PM

2,628 posts, read 6,849,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JavaPhil View Post
Owwie. Sorry to hear that, Xa'at. Get well soon.
Haha, it will. In the meantime... is it a bad sign when your fingers turn blue?

Kriket, bummer about losing a husband because you talk about AK too much. I know some people who are threatening to leave their husbands if they don't leave AK! You just gotta find someone who is willing to share your love of the outdoors, strange foods, and of course... rain. Rain rain rain. Sorry
'bout that, just teasying Arcticthaw.

Old 08-28-2007, 09:44 PM

Default Weather,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xa'at View Post
Haha, it will. In the meantime... is it a bad sign when your fingers turn blue?

Kriket, bummer about losing a husband because you talk about AK too much. I know some people who are threatening to leave their husbands if they don't leave AK! You just gotta find someone who is willing to share your love of the outdoors, strange foods, and of course... rain. Rain rain rain. Sorry
'bout that, just teasying Arcticthaw.
Well it was SUNNY today, yesterday and last weekend, with only a few drops of rain late at night. Look we even have our own miniture sun online!

Old 08-28-2007, 09:59 PM

Kristin,

I saw in the paper Juneau is looking for firemen, maybe your SO should apply.

Old 08-28-2007, 11:11 PM

18 posts, read 77,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriket View Post

Researching a move myself. As a "TOUR GUIDE" could you tell me what area or borough Did you find to be the best to live in? I have been looking in the Mat-Su area Wasilla in particular. Any information would be helpful, We are interested in a Quiet Friendly town, with decent schools, not far from a WALMART. ALso if you have any good links to share From your research that would be useful.

Tired of the HEAT and HUMIDITY!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska