Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 10:57 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,015,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlite9 View Post
"Oh, the pain, the pain"

One of my favorite quotes by the late "Dr. Smith"... they should have just left him on some other planet and then got back home...

But most people don't have a clue to what I'm referring to eh?
Hands down my favorite show as a kid growing up. Penny was a hottie!

But damn they butchered it in the movie remake. People should go to jail for that.

Quote:
The only one that has Creditability is the kid, and he is what, in the 11th Grade? Kid has more savvy than the rest of the group put together!
Which begs the question, where's his dad? Either something happened to him, or the Hard Work gene skipped a generation!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2011, 01:06 AM

6,381 posts, read 14,559,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
Hands down my favorite show as a kid growing up. Penny was a hottie!

But damn they butchered it in the movie remake. People should go to jail for that.

Which begs the question, where's his dad? Either something happened to him, or the Hard Work gene skipped a generation!
Yeah, that and Giligan's Island was popular. See either show now and can't believe how dorky they were.

A least in the new remake, Doc got "Popped" at the end! Should have happened decades ago!

Yeah, the skipping a generation at the mine does seem a bit odd, could have been a bitter divorce in there someplace, if his dad had died, I think they would have put that in there to add hype in there!

Old 11-08-2011, 01:25 AM

355 posts, read 508,186 times
Quote:
Yeah, that and Giligan's Island was popular. See either show now and can't believe how dorky they were.

A least in the new remake, Doc got "Popped" at the end! Should have happened decades ago!

Yeah, the skipping a generation at the mine does seem a bit odd, could have been a bitter divorce in there someplace, if his dad had died, I think they would have put that in there to add hype in there!
Gilligans island is a classic! Dorky yes, but yet a classic! Except for the last few episodes where they went back

Old 11-10-2011, 10:38 PM

210 posts, read 427,712 times
Ok, was cruising this forum just to see if anything was posted about the show. So, I hope I don't get flamed for this but here we go. As with all reality TV you only get to see what the camera shows and really can't form much of an opinion because you are lead to believe only what the camera tells you. However, to myself it just seems like the Hoffmans are really into to big dreams and fast money. For the rest of the crew I hope they strike it rich this season. If they are indeed on their last buck they deserve it. Although like a previous post mentioned, you don't own 50K trucks pulling 30K campers if your broke. I really can't believe they forgot to make a lease payment on that claim either. I'm sure they knew the story good and well last year that Dakota Fred was getting that property. I hope the kid gets more gold than Fred after Fred was a wizeazz to him during the first episode. I think the construction guy coming with them this season is going to be the biggest help that they could ever ask for. He can build,repair,and direct better than anyone else they have. Oh yeah, what is Todds job?

Old 11-11-2011, 03:51 AM

4,989 posts, read 10,015,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle450rider View Post
Oh yeah, what is Todds job?
Babysitting his Dad.

Old 11-11-2011, 05:04 AM

1,786 posts, read 2,874,708 times
Quote:
"Oh, the pain, the pain"

One of my favorite quotes by the late "Dr. Smith"... they should have just left him on some other planet and then got back home...

But most people don't have a clue to what I'm referring to eh?

Yeah, it will be better this year, they have the bull ***t spread out a lot farther to make it more.... believable? Is that possible?

The only one that has Creditability is the kid, and he is what, in the 11th Grade? Kid has more savvy than the rest of the group put together!
Actually my favorite character was the robot... I have a keychain size version and when you push his head he yells..."warning warning"... yes still a kid at heart... Dr Smith was a character you loved to hate right?? LOL

Gosh so many years ago...

I hate to admit it but only watched a few episodes... the drama with a bad back and the only person to fix the equipment needed... Yawn... sorry but so busy with my own reality and deadlines that I don't have time for "reality"... LOL

Old 11-11-2011, 08:26 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,681,771 times
Quote:
Babysitting his Dad.
Sometimes he holds his hand up in the air and makes a circular motion with his index finger. I guess that's so the other guys know it's okay to doing something that looks like they are working.

And why can't Todd shave that stupid thing off of his chin???

Old 11-11-2011, 08:42 AM

21,368 posts, read 38,106,585 times
They are the worst actors on tv!

Old 11-11-2011, 03:17 PM

1,786 posts, read 2,874,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warptman View Post
They are the worst actors on tv!
OMG wapt... they're not acting its REALITY LOL...

Old 11-11-2011, 05:53 PM

210 posts, read 427,712 times
Quote:
Babysitting his Dad.

LOL, you might just be right! I'm thinking that the MOM probably has to babysit both of them and she probably is so used to the wild idea's they come up with she just lets them have at it. Some of the crew working for Todd probably would be better off just going out and panning for gold in a creek somewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska