U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 01:25 AM

4,058 posts, read 8,576,433 times

Advertisements

I don't think anyone should be labled a victim, especially since child predators tend to look for previously abused children. I know someone-a mother of a son-who managed to marry more than one pedophile, and she used to blab her mouth about what happened to him to anyone who would listen. The child who was abused is almost 50 years old now, and he still fixates on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2012, 03:27 PM

162 posts, read 277,571 times
I don't know what to think about Jack Shay. I did not grow up here- I have not met the man and wouldn't know him from Adam. That said, I understand the way that the community has reacted- most of my family has taken the 'shake head, sigh, and mutter about how you can never really know another person'. Many of them did know him personally.
As a side note, speaking purely from personal experience, abuse victims typically don't appreciate hearing about how their lives have been ruined by the abuse. While it's true that it's a life-altering event and colors every experience afterward in a way that's hard to describe and even harder to move past, the logical continuation of saying that one's life is ruined is that they have no possibility of continuing their life in a meaningful way and that they have no further potential. That's what ruined means, and it's kind of offensive to say that to someone who is proud of what they have made of their life since. But that's just me, I can only speak for myself.

Old 05-11-2012, 03:40 PM

5,963 posts, read 10,494,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrien View Post
I don't think anyone should be labled a victim, especially since child predators tend to look for previously abused children. I know someone-a mother of a son-who managed to marry more than one pedophile, and she used to blab her mouth about what happened to him to anyone who would listen. The child who was abused is almost 50 years old now, and he still fixates on it.
Survivor is better choice of a word. Anything but 'victim'

Old 10-18-2017, 11:40 AM

1 posts, read 318 times
its was my daughter his grand dughter , and he even did this when she had cancer, while she after chemo was on and iv nd feeding tube at home , and druged for pain , he sent me to store , so he could molest her i have never been the same fter seeing the vids and my home where he did these things , sick **** .he cn rot in jail;

Old 10-18-2017, 12:49 PM

6,905 posts, read 11,692,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaborn View Post
its was my daughter his grand dughter , and he even did this when she had cancer, while she after chemo was on and iv nd feeding tube at home , and druged for pain , he sent me to store , so he could molest her i have never been the same fter seeing the vids and my home where he did these things , sick **** .he cn rot in jail;
Every time I saw him I always got a weird feeling. Sick little turd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alaska
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or